Seen on Face Book : from Metal2Mesh !

Thread: Seen on Face Book : from Metal2Mesh !

Seen on Face Book : from Metal2Mesh !

Seen today on Facebook:

Tim from Metal2Mesh, who was the 3d artist for the Aerosoft F-16, has made texture enhancements for painters to use them in their Aerosoft F-16 textures to give them a real look.
    As the owner of the source files, he made them available for all Aerosoft F-16 painters.

Here you can see the difference: http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...94515332_o.jpg

You can grab them here : http://tiny.cc/enhance_f-16

Cheers,
    Hank

Thanks for the heads up Hank, downloading now. Should make a great looking aircraft look even better.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

That's great - thanks for the link.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Just want to make sure everyone knows they are for experienced texture artist and repainters to add on existing textures in photoshop they are layers that add a real look to the textures.

Also Aerosoft will add them to their site today.

Thanks Tim, I finished adding all the new layers to the original PSD files yesterday. Now to see what the new aircraft looks like in FSX. If you have done the additions yourself, some pics would be greatly appreciated to see the difference. This is a great aircraft and making it look even better than it already does would be fantastic.

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    has one some screenshots ??
    GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Thanks Tim, I finished adding all the new layers to the original PSD files yesterday. Now to see what the new aircraft looks like in FSX. If you have done the additions yourself, some pics would be greatly appreciated to see the difference. This is a great aircraft and making it look even better than it already does would be fantastic.
    I have not done any of them to a texture just that one texture to show the difference. I just don't have the the time, I am sorry.

I remember a while back I gave Dag the Ambient Occlusions (AO) and he posted screenshots. These layers go a step further, while adding the AO it also adds a lighting to them that expands the look further. They're suttle differences but in the over all scheme they really make a difference. We did this for the Razbam GR-7/9 Harrier textures and also with the F-15E's AU along with the upcoming Mirage 2000C will have this effect.

You can adjust the opacity levels to your liking, depending on the paint color itself. I tried to leave them so you can adjust them to each person's individual taste.

The 8T is tricky since there is a choice of 4 tails and specific sensors, so make sure you can set them correctly.
    Also best to read the layer's name so you use the correct ones.

The textures are originally in 2048 so best to shrink them to 1024 before adding to original textures. to make sure they are properly lined up.

One of the fans on the Facebook page posted this pic.
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...25275886_o.jpg

use the link, it shows it higher resolution.

Thanks Tim, at least now I have something to go by. I did a few paints and will try adding the new photo look. When the Aerosoft F-16 first came out there was a painter named Lucian Lie (yago9). Lucian did some fantastic work with this model. I will see what the new textures do for his schemes as well. Many were Israeli units. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Thanks Tim, at least now I have something to go by. I did a few paints and will try adding the new photo look. When the Aerosoft F-16 first came out there was a painter named Lucian Lie (yago9). Lucian did some fantastic work with this model. I will see what the new textures do for his schemes as well. Many were Israeli units. Much appreciated.
    yes I had a few of his ANG birds.

These new files Tim really makes a difference. Outstanding work. I have not updated any of mine yet but will do as soon as possible. I might try out on the Vermont birds I did many years ago. Thanks for all your hard work Tim.

Best
    DagR

You can see what the AO layers did to my Norwegian paints here:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index....texture-baking

The update above is even better ;-)

Best
    DagR

@ Dag, can you maybe add this? (http://www.belgian-wings.be/Webpages...Tiger_Tail.jpg) to an Belgian example. Its the 2013 Tiger Meet, 31 Tiger Sqn tail-paint. Both tail side's are the same.

My first test of the basic paint scheme is a great improvement. When I get the time all my F-16 schemes will be updated. Thanks Tim for the improved photo real textures. Good work.

I did not do any of the Belgian schemes so I will not fiddle with Vin's work, sorry Lenny.

Best
    DagR

Here are some results on my CA ANG paint.