Soviet cold war vehicles scenery. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soviet cold war vehicles scenery.

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    That is good news indeed thanks Tim.

Steve

In FSX are the alpha channels still working around the wheels on the T55 ? Screenshot if poss, thanks.

Steve

A few possible extra vehicles for that convoy:-

http://archive3d.net/

click on Weapon & Military Gears (ZSU-23-4 & BRDM-2 ATGMV)
    Land Transport has a few items as well.

Very nice additions so far !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that link seagull V, Matt is building up a Shilka for us, the models all have way too many poly's and too detailed for use. We looked at the shilka amongst others and decided it would be quicker and easier too make up our own as time permits.

Steve

Just a couple of edges on the wheels too tidy up and I'm callin it done.

, and thanks for the goodies you sent, cheers ian

The first pack is on schedual for a weekend release, we are working on some other vehicles with a view too releasing a second pack in the future. We have BMP's, ZSu23-4, D30 howitzer, and an 122mm M1974 SPG in planning and or underway. If anyone with any modeling knowledge can spare any time in helping us produce low poly models please don't hesitate in contacting me by PM or here on the thread. we need T72's PT 76's BTR 152 and and at least a SA 2 or later SAM systems.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    , and thanks for the goodies you sent, cheers ian
    No worries Ian you never know when you might need a toyota pickup and a mortar lol.

Steve

For me this has been a learning experience,all the different names and types of armor.They sure do look good in the sim.:salute:

Joel

A learning experience all round mate, the teams moto is "If we knew what we where doing we would be dangerous".

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    No worries Ian you never know when you might need a toyota pickup and a mortar lol.

Steve
    i can think of a few instances...

A learning experience all round mate, the teams moto is "If we knew what we where doing we would be dangerous".
    So true!

i thought it was "The leaders are coming, look busy"

I have just uploaded the soviet armour pack 1 here too the soh fs2004 scenery section. It will show once admin has done it's usual thing. A big thank you for all the help given in getting these vehicles into the sim and tested. I'm off to paint something with wings on it for a while.

Steve

Job well done Steve.Now get some paint on those wings and fly!

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    Job well done Steve.Now get some paint on those wings and fly!

Joel
    But i'm afraid of heights.

Blog Entries

Only had 20 minutes of free time ....

... is all the time I had tonight. 20 minutes is how long the pizza would take to bake in the oven, timed with the 20 minutes my 3 and 7 year old daughters will want to play in the tub before either fighting or splashing the bathroom into a deluvian state. After that, it's dinner time, bed time, and then wife gets home from her work - and it's wife-and-me time.

So - realizing I needed to test this ASAP, I realised I needed to use ADE X. Oh yeah, I don't have ADE installed. Oh yeah, I've never used ADE X for objects before - only EZ Scenery in FS9. Ovens already heating up, I hear the start of an argument upstairs over the new bath toy. The clock is ticking ....

Results:

• 2 min to download and install ADE.
    • 5 min to figure out how to load the objects into the ADE library.
    • 2 min to figure out why the library won't show the object in the placement menu. Restart ADE - there they are.
    • 2 min to load FSX and go to Havana Marti MUHA (yeah, I know you FS9ers are laughing at me - 2 words for you: moving carriers. Leave me alone! )
    • 1 minute to find a good spot abeam the main runway to drop a couple test objects - in this case, 1 of each of the three models. Save and compile. Exit FSX.
    • 2 minutes to reload FSX and go back to check. Nothing. Why???? I can smell the pizza. Upstairs, I the yelling has turned to screaming. At least they're both screaming, so nobody's getting drowned. Crap - I forgot to load the folder I created for the scenery objects I created under Addon Scenery. Arrgh - exit flight, add scenery object.
    • 2 minutes to reload FSX - go to last flight ... here is what I got ...

Attachment 84248

So as you can see, the BTR60 and T-55 are perfect - no issues whatsoever - anround the wheels or anywhere else. The BRDM, for some reason, was rendered to a huge scale. It should have been a clue when it appeared in ADE as a giant yellow box 200 ft long (in scale to the AFCAD) - hey - with me, it's either quick or accurate - never both - sometimes, neither. While I'm curious as to why it was placed at this scale "out of the box" - I know in ADE, I could have scaled it down manually- no biggie.

• 2 minute for screenshot and posting here ...
    • 2 minutes to spare - which is how long I need to mop up upstairs ...
    • BEEP - pizza's ready - good to go!

Seriously - this was a fun exercise - forced me to figure out ADE X, tested these superb objects - and now made the creation of a simple little Cuba '62 a mere matter of finding the time. I may sub in Ian Elliots Bloodhounds as temp sit-ins for SA-2s and such, or wait until you do these - but clearly, you've done the hard work Steve (and team) - and implementing them will be fun and easy.

So a huge thanks!!

In FSX are the alpha channels still working around the wheels on the T55 ? Screenshot if poss, thanks.

Steve

"The BRDM, for some reason, was rendered to a huge scale. It should have been a clue when it appeared in ADE as a giant yellow box 200 ft long (in scale to the AFCAD) - hey - with me, it's either quick or accurate - never both - sometimes, neither. While I'm curious as to why it was placed at this scale "out of the box" - I know in ADE, I could have scaled it down manually- no biggie."

Why do people think we are joking with our team moto?

Steve

Thx for this great pack guys :ernae:

Members who have read this thread: 1