Soviet cold war vehicles scenery.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soviet cold war vehicles scenery.

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic

Soviet cold war vehicles scenery.

This thread is for the scenery objects that we have been playing with. Thus allowing the Su 7 thread which has gone way off topic, to return too things with wings.
    The team working on these is Akktu Stakki 04, Matt Wynn and myself. So far we have in the pipeline a T55, BTR60 and three BRDM's. The BTR60 and BRDM's are about done, the T55 is still in need of a fair bit of work.

Steve

The radio truck and jeep are not part of the project.

Nice! With different insignia, they'll be apropos for a good half of the globe.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

I'm going too be releasing the BRDM's and T55 with layered paintkit to help people too nationalise there vehicles.

Steve

The T55 is slowly getting there.

Steve,

If the turret is a separate part of the model, I wonder if different sub-models could be made to orient the canon in different directions to provide some variety when installing it.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

I have just sent the Beta T55 out too the usual suspects for testing. If anyone reading this thread uses fsx and a scenery placement util feel free too drop me a pm with your email addy. If anyone from the cfs2 or 3 side wants too try getting them into that sim let me know.

Steve

Another little test.Frame rate loss is hardly noticeable on my system! Well done Steve !
    Attachment 84017

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdflieger View Post
    Steve,

If the turret is a separate part of the model, I wonder if different sub-models could be made to orient the canon in different directions to provide some variety when installing it.
    On it boss. T55 has gone into the bodyshop for some small repairs and will have turret twisted.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    On it boss. T55 has gone into the bodyshop for some small repairs and will have turret twisted.

Steve
    turret twisted by the twisted individual... nearly resulted in me going on a backpacking holiday in the DMZ between North Korea and Republic of Korea, either that or a padded room

Heres a quick piccie of what can be done with a lot of swearing and coffee. Thanks Matt. I should have the textures tweaked some more later today.

Dont worry Matt can i join on the DMZ holiday

Yes Steve is very true to his moniker of Stalin lol but we are getting results as I can see from my very small contribution to the projects. Its looking superb so a big thanks to all of you for a funproject

you're more than welcome to join in the backpacking and stone throwing in the DMZ just remember to duck and find cover after throwing a stone

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    you're more than welcome to join in the backpacking and stone throwing in the DMZ just remember to duck and find cover after throwing a stone
    Too late guys Stalin has already tipped them off and they got the MP's looking for you already.

darn it

looking forwards to seeing the place now the compounds have been handed over too, i just hope we don't have another 'stealth tank' scenario

Comarde Kim Yun Il and Stalin are a hunting

Yes I will remember to duck now that things are heating up again over there lol

Ive been playing with the 55's and adding them some of my ready-made scenerys, i can add about 30 before i notice anything slowing, great work, thanks guys
    cheers ian

The latest T55 pack has now been sent out if it is still ok on frames then I reckon we should have something close too an uploadable pack, just some final texture tweaks and tidying up then the paperwork. so I will try to get it together for the weekend. There will be layered paintkits available for both the BRDM's and T55's. The BTR 60 is coming in green and will not at this time have a paintkit.

Steve

Blog Entries

Nasdrovia!

Love how these are shaping up.

I'm interested in doing something of a '62 Cuba and a '67 Egypt - the T-55 might be a bit late for '62 Cuba - but who cares. The rest of these would be awesome, whenever they're ready. I'll be using FSX - would be happy to test in FSX to help give you some appropriate documentation input, only if you're interested.

Any thought to something sinister like an SS-4/R-12? Just an idea ... for a future project

Bravo Steve and team - looking forward to these!!

Daniel

i guess the Dvina is do-able... though not for the 'Stan... could do it alongside my Thor sites i guess.... put some in East Germany back to the Russian Border at some fictional 'Launch' basins...

just had a word with the leaders, and the R-12 will come when i get a free window... :salute:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    just had a word with the leaders, and the R-12 will come when i get a free window... :salute:
    Please telling your president I very happy!

DL

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Please telling your president I very happy!

DL
    If I'm El Presidente then I want Borat as my foriegn secetary.
    If you want too test out the new toys in fsx drop me a PM with an email addy and i'll send them over too you.

Steve

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I'm a little late in reporting back on testing in FSX Gold and Prepar3D. Early results on test show a very fluid frames and smooth in both FSX/Prepar3D. I even tossed my USCG frame heavy Do328 at the scenery objects and it was still smooth solid performance, Same results with my butchered and tortured TU154 with a 727 VC in it, smooth just smooth. Objects where placed along the Cuban Frontier outside Gitmo's perimeter in da swamps. Those swamps in FSX can be a frame hog with scenery objects usually.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Members who have read this thread: 1