Milviz P-38J/L "Red Bull" Redux - Released - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Milviz P-38J/L "Red Bull" Redux - Released

Thanks for the great skins. But, I have a couple questions.

I was able to download the Red Bull and the Polished paints, but cannot find the Aluminum paint. The Milviz site has two links to the identical zip files, "P-38 L Red Bull.zip" so is one of these the Aluminum paint or is that another file name?

As for my second question (while we are on a roll), would there be a possible paint for the original White Lighting? Finding this Milviz gem prompted me to watch a video on Lefty Gardner that I picked up at one of my first Reno Races, so a repaint of White Lightning would be a nice addition.

Thanks.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post

I was able to download the Red Bull and the Polished paints, but cannot find the Aluminum paint. The Milviz site has two links to the identical zip files, "P-38 L Red Bull.zip" so is one of these the Aluminum paint or is that another file name?

As for my second question (while we are on a roll), would there be a possible paint for the original White Lighting?

Colin will straighten out the link over at Milviz.
    I have been successful in uploading all three files on this site. As soon as admin approves them they will be available for download. Just look for the aluminum file for your download.

The White Lightning would be a great skin to add to the mix. If you have some pics, post them up here and I'll have a look.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Sound good. I'll keep watching for the aluminum paint.

As for White Lightning, I do have pics but unfortunately not in digital format and my old scanner doesn't play well with Win8.

But this site should help..
    -- WH

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Sound good. I'll keep watching for the aluminum paint.
    All three are up in FSX skins. I double checked the links...they're good. You can get the aluminum file now.

I'll put the "White Lightning" in the que. There's plenty of photos available for reference. Thanks for the suggestion.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    All three are up in FSX skins. I double checked the links...they're good. You can get the aluminum file now.

I'll put the "White Lightning" in the que. There's plenty of photos available for reference. Thanks for the suggestion.
    How's the que?? Or in other words, have you had the chance to look into a "White Lightning" texture by chance?? :salute:
    -- WH

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Anyone hear anything from ******** in the last few months??

I was hoping he might tackle a "White Lightning" repaint for the Milviz P-38 redux, but he hasn't posted anything since last December nor has he responded to any PMs.

He did some great repaints early on, but it seems that this release has quickly been forgotten.
    -- WH

I think he's been involved with the Manfred DC3 project. I have spoken to him a few.times since this release...but not about repaints for it.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I would SOOOooooo love to see some more repaints for this amazing aircraft. Even (dare I say it?) fictitious ones.
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

While your waiting for some new repaints to show up, you might want to try importing some from the FSD version.

I read a post by Colin that it was doable, so I did a little experimenting this morning.

Now I have a modern day Yippie...
    -- WH

..however, I still would like to see someone do a "White Lightning" repaint for this bird.

If ******** is tied up, might someone else be interested?? Hint, hint.
    -- WH

Members who have read this thread: 54