Passed PPL written

Thread: Passed PPL written

Passed PPL written

I passed my PPL written exam on Saturday and I have my medical and student pilot certificate. NOW LET THE FUN BEGIN! !!!!!!
    Donna

PPL in 2014!!!

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending!"

Congratulations on passing the written. Before you know it, you'll be taking your check ride. I wish you the best of luck.:salute:

rdaniell

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by txnetwife View Post
    I passed my PPL written exam on Saturday and I have my medical and student pilot certificate. NOW LET THE FUN BEGIN! !!!!!!
    Donna..fantastic.....good deal...i wish i could darn it...flight sim will have to do for me though..i do have a question...in your medical..or at any other time...did colorblindness come up?...i realise its not a normal issue for women..so it may not have even come up...but i wondered if it was part of the medical?...

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    Donna..fantastic.....good deal...i wish i could darn it...flight sim will have to do for me though..i do have a question...in your medical..or at any other time...did colorblindness come up?...i realise its not a normal issue for women..so it may not have even come up...but i wondered if it was part of the medical?...
    I can answer that question for you Dave. Yes....you are checked for color blindness. Has something to do with being able to distinguish light signals in case of radio failure.

RD

i see...id heard somewhere that they were allowing colorblind persons day time VFR only...but i cant confirm that....and i was told by a optomitrist he had done thousands of eye exams for FAA tests and never checked anyone for colorblindness....so ive allways been confused about it.

but,when i tryed to get my lic back when i was 18...i was told i couldnt because i have trouble with red and green...

I'm not colourblind and it's been 20 years since I took an Aero Medical , but I don't remember being tested for it (although I probably was). I knew someone who was colourblind and had a PPL (not sure if he had any IFR rating), but was not allowed to get a commercial licence (here in Oz )

I went through my Class III Medical a year and a half ago. I was checked for color blindness. Granted this is an FAA (USA) standard, but there it is.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    i see...id heard somewhere that they were allowing colorblind persons day time VFR only...but i cant confirm that....and i was told by a optomitrist he had done thousands of eye exams for FAA tests and never checked anyone for colorblindness....so ive allways been confused about it.

but,when i tryed to get my lic back when i was 18...i was told i couldnt because i have trouble with red and green...
    Dave, I'm not sure why an optomitrist would be giving eye exams for a FAA flight physical. Anyway, the AME(airman medical examiner) shows the applicant the standard Ishihara Plates to determine color blindness.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    Dave, I'm not sure why an optomitrist would be giving eye exams for a FAA flight physical. Anyway, the AME(airman medical examiner) shows the applicant the standard Ishihara Plates to determine color blindness.

RD
    i questioned him as to why he did the eye exams too,he never did give me a good answer....but oh well..he seemed to know what he was talking about....maybe he was part of a team of drs?...i dont know...and that circle you posted has something in it i suppose........

Donna,,sorry to steal your thread...again congrats to you.....keep on going..

Hello txnetwife! So nice to see you posting again, great and exciting news! My PPL training was back in the early 70s and is still one of the most fun times I can remember. I remain a Private Pilot and it has been one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life. Take lots of pictures and capture memories. Be patient, hang in there over the tough spots, and share with your friends! You'll grow with each flight and every hour -- it'll be amazing.

Java
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!"

Donna, based upon your post, you have not soloed yet so be sure and wear a shirt that you won't mind the tail being cut off as you get closer to your first solo. Tradition dictates that you get your shirt tail cut off when you solo. And again, best of luck.

Dave, yes, there is a number in that circle.

RD

Members +
    Congrads on your passing that test..Something you will remember always,after after you get your Ticket...Then you will feel OK as a Pilot!!!...Vin