About FSDS 2.4 / 3.5

Thread: About FSDS 2.4 / 3.5

About FSDS 2.4 / 3.5

About FSDS2.4 / 3.5
    Who has FSDS 2.4or 3.5 and is interested to build an aircraft model “online”? I will say ifthere is enough interest, I like to build a multilod, breakable aircraft withbullethohles from 0 to ready step by step and post every step online with sourcefile, so all who are interested can follow those steps.
    I thinkabout the F4F Wildcat where about I have a book with exact drawings.
    Wolfi

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Hi wolfi,
    I think anyone doing a tutorial about their work is really good, If not used today may be used tomorrow.
    Keep up your good work.
    Robert John

I'm with ya !!!

As a side note, i recently read somewhere online that 3.5+ has some random compiling problems that can be rectified by falling back to 3.0. Any comments on that?

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

I use FSDS3.5 only on my 64bit PC; I haven’t compiled any FSx or FS2004 aircraft with it.Fortunately FSDS 3.5 is backward compatible to FSDS 2.4, so you can use both. But it’sonly possible with FSDS2.4 to convert aircraft to CFS2 directly. By the way you can work with FSDS2.4 on a 64 bit system but it’s not possible to convert the aircraft or scenery object because you can’t register FSDS2.4 on 64 bit systems. That’s odd but I really tried everything to solve that issue without success. Unfortunately Abacus doesn’t offer a fix for that issue.
    So I think I will start the next days with the work. I will start with the very basics and with a description how FSDS2.4 or FSDS 3.5 works and how to make simple objects before I start with the aircraft. wolfi

One sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)

Wolfi,
    Sounds interesting!

BC,
    Yes, without doubt if you are using FSDS for CFS2 and Fs9 then use 2.24 (it's 2.24 and not 2.4), it will compile everytime, has a great selection of animations to use and the models are perfectly usable in both sims. FSDS 3.0 and 3.51 was designed for FSX, and they have glitches when compiling, especially 3.51. In fact, 1.6 is still usable but to animate you have to use AA (Aircraft Animator), which is ok but very limited.

There are many versions of FSDS, 1.0, 1.6, 2.0, 2.24, 3.0, 3.51, but the core ones are 1.6, 2.24 and 3.51, which are 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 patched and improved.

Cheers

Shessi

Oh yes, your are right it's 2.24

SOH-CM-2022
    Wolfi,

I have had FSDS for some time now and barely gotten beyond building a tube.
    So I am in.

Gavin

Wolfi

Add me to the list as well, have reached the fuselage-wings-tailplane stage, but ground to a halt after that.
    A bit of extra motivation might get to that stage where the projects get to upload stage rather than stalling !!!!!!

Regards, Seagull V

Attachment 83710

Additional - Was making progress on this but the rear fuselage and section of the fuselage with the wings was a bit more challenging then I thought it would be. I was also trying to keep the poly count down. Now have some additional information on this baby so have been looking to restart the project.

Well, I'm going to start tomorrow with the tutorial, so all who are interested should install FSDS 2.24 or 3.5
    The tutorial will be in the Aircraft Design & Animation Forum

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...sign-Animation

Wolfi,

This is a great idea. Thank you for sharing your expertise during this project. There are many simmers who will be interested. I look forward to your progress.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners