FSX Addon Aircraft in Development
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FSX Addon Aircraft in Development

FSX Addon Aircraft in Development

Here's a list of all FSX-native addon aircraft in development, either freeware or payware, as of March 24, 2013, that I know of.
    Please add to it if you do not see something listed.
    Tried to add a development team name when 100% known, and a website as evidence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the list of add-on FSX Native aircraft in development. The list will be updated by Sean. Thanks for any information and help.

FSX Native Aircraft in Development Click HERE!!!

One hell off a list , the JU-87 and Bf-110 are most sort after for the WWII warbirds ... strange how the AESL Airtourer has taken so long since it was near finished this time last year . <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

BIG list, thanks for doing it

wonder how big it would be if filtered by what will be released in the next 3 months.
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

A Lockheed F-15C Eagle?

Maybe a McDonnell Douglas F-15

My friends in St Louis would give you a strange look.

Thanks for the list

Best

Dan

Thanks for the fix!

Fixed the F-15 entry. Wasn't thinking, my apologies. (though Lockheed is modernizing the Saudi ones)

Great stuff Sean, thanks for sharing.
    One thing you might wanna add, the CLS guys mentioned in their newsletter today that the CLS 742/3 update is being reworked and will be FSX native on release

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Great list, some intersting aircraft on it..

Won't hold my breath for the Su-25/39 because it may take a while, but the An-2 Colt (Either one), Super Sabre, Trojan, Fw190D and B-45 Tornado are the most interesting for me, maybe the F-15C too..
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

What the?!!! Time to divorce the wife and sell the kids! There's no way I have enough time to fly all of the awesome aircraft heading our way!
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Interesting list ..didn't know about the Zlin - would be nice to see a Zlin 242

A2A Cessna 172? (and Piper Cherokee/F-4/F104 but there are no pictures I know of those)

Added the A2A 172, Cherokee, and Starfighter.

Also, PMDG talked a while ago about a Dash-8-Q200/300, but that was placed on the "back burner" so I left it off since no-one knows if it'll ever be done.
    Finally, I had a rumor regarding the Samdim An-24 series regarding another party taking up VC tasks in order to get a fully featured FSX-native model out, but I have not heard further, so I left that off as well.

Great thread Sean...good work!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Isn't someone doing a P-40N?

Mike
    that would be you sir...

and Alabeo still has the Beech Staggerwing in production
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I'd venture to say it's not exactly an all-encompassing list.

Quote Originally Posted by N2056 View Post
    I'd venture to say it's not exactly an all-encompassing list.

but it is a good start and a great idea to be able to see all aircraft in development in one place:mixedsmi:
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Qualitywings- BAE-146 (adding to the existing Avro RJ pack)
    PMDG- 747-400 v2
    Flight1/Coolsky/McPhat- DC-9F (I think it is an addon to the existing DC-9)
    FlightSimLabs- Airbus A320
    Marcel Felde- Pilatus PC-6 Porter
    Realair- Cessna 172
    Lotus Simulations- Falcomposite Furio

How could I forget some of the others especially Mike's P-40N

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Lotus Simulations- Falcomposite Furio
    Really? That is one my favourite homebuilts...a Kiwi one at that....time to head over to the Lotus forums..

If you have something to add, simply state it....without the cocky, coy, sarcastic, or any form of "attitude".
    It was quickly typed out to get a start going, and if accidentally leaving off someone's baby when trying to build an extensive list is an excuse here to have a snippy attitude, then the list will be deleted as to not cause further "offense".
    I'll work on adding those addons directly identified by name/author, and those which have a web source to back up the claim (I can look up the latter).

EDIT: Going to re-compile into a Google Docs spreadsheet within the next couple of days so I'll hold off on in-thread/original post updates until that is up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    Interesting list ..didn't know about the Zlin - would be nice to see a Zlin 242

A2A Cessna 172? (and Piper Cherokee/F-4/F104 but there are no pictures I know of those)

I agree the 242 is very sporty

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    If you have something to add, simply state it....without the cocky, coy, sarcastic, or any form of "attitude".
    Sorry If you took it that way. Really.

All, please continue posting any aircraft you know about that you don't see mentioned in the original list or by others here, and I'll add them to a spreadsheet within the next day or two at the most, which will then be linked here.

Preferably state the following:
    • Aircraft type (manufacturer & model as specific as you can be)
    • Author/Development Team
    • One link with evidence beyond "rumor" and beyond a developer stating that they "hope to build one down the road".

Thanks! Hopefully this list will become comprehensive or nearly so in the coming weeks!

aircraft type = Travelair Mystery Ship (package)
    author/development team = Golden Age Simulations
    URL = http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...r-Mystery-Ship

I like your idea. My earlier reply was in fact not very reasonable, and again, for that I truly apologize. I just returned from a multi-day road trip that was for my Mother-in-Law's memorial service, and I'm not exactly my normal self. I offer the following additions for your list...all of these are my projects and have threads on them here at SOH. If you are not aware already from my previous releases, my real name is Robert Kerr.

Northrop P-61B Black Widow (long term project)
    Long Midget Mustang (nearly complete, some beta testing in progress)
    Globe Swift (in early development phase)