Craig and Matt's Sopwith Pup Project
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Craig and Matt's Sopwith Pup Project

Craig and Matt's Sopwith Pup Project

Hi

If you read this thread....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?73560-Craig-and-Matt-s-Sopwith-Camel-Released-12th&highlight=sopwith+camel

You will know that Craig and I have been considering another collaboration after the Sopwith Camel... we opted in the end for another Sopwith... the Pup.

I've just delivered all the parts for a production standard Pup and a miriad of other parts to allow for all the variations (to mention a few an 80hp le Rhone rotary engine and a 100hp Gnome Monosoupape engine and it destinctive cowl). It's over to Craig now... I'm looking forward to seeing things develop.

I will just state here that we are considering making this payware but we shall see.

Here are some pics for now

Matt

Attachment 83395

Attachment 83396

Attachment 83397

Attachment 83398

Attachment 83399

Attachment 83400

Attachment 83401

Attachment 83402

Looks great!
    Matt, Craig, best of luck on the project! It will be an outstanding add-on for all the old wings lovers
    Lucas

Looking forward to the finished product Matt and Craig...

My paintbrush is ready.

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

Fantastic
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Fantastic news! The model already looks superb, Matt, and I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing where Craig takes it next!

It's such an elegant design, with all of the right proportions - it just looks right, and that it would be an enjoyable experience to fly.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Awesome! Can't wait fly that little Pup. The Camel has been a blast. It's a good way to build some flying skills.
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Charter Member 2011
    hell yea!!

triplane after?? or a cuckoo?
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Been considering a Triplane as it has a lot of common parts with the Pup but for now I need to get back on with my latest train project.

Matt

Amazing. You've been busy Matt! Another great piece of history being made available. I love the modeling you've done. True art in my eyes.

By the way, what else do have tucked away?

Well, I've only recently downloaded and tried out the Camel, but I have to say I've been pretty impressed with it. The Pup is probably the best WWI plane to fly (and clearly my favorite) and so given what I've seen from the Camel, I think I'd be interested in a payware Pup.

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    Well, I've only recently downloaded and tried out the Camel, but I have to say I've been pretty impressed with it. The Pup is probably the best WWI plane to fly (and clearly my favorite) and so given what I've seen from the Camel, I think I'd be interested in a payware Pup.

+1

Nice to hear about this!

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Amazing. You've been busy Matt! Another great piece of history being made available. I love the modeling you've done. True art in my eyes.

By the way, what else do have tucked away?
    Not your bag I'm sure Oleboy, but I've got a part built F15C tucked away somewhere. The Pup is new... its only come into being in the last month or so. I put rather intensive effort into getting it done so Craig could start on its journey into FSX.

Matt

I received a first test export from Craig recently, so when he says its ok I will show you some pics. Its still untextured and un animated but it does look good.

Matt

I Don't think Craig will mind me showing you these pictures of the first test export in FSX...

Matt

Attachment 85463

Attachment 85464

Attachment 85465

Really looking forward to this. Thanks Matt and Craig:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Looking really good!
    Harry hawker would be highly impressed.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Just to show that progress is being made with this project. As you can see the VC is almost complete. Completing the External textures is the next task Craig is working on. He's done a fantastic Pilot figure for the Pup that has a scarf that flaps in the breeze which is very cool (it wasn't included in this particular build) but we'll show you that later perhaps when the external textures are done.
    Matt

Attachment 87941
    Attachment 87942
    Attachment 87943
    Attachment 87944
    Attachment 87945

Excellent, Matt!

I thought of you and Craig when I saw this photo posted by "The Vintage Aviator", showing the cockpit of one of their 'Pup' reproductions (note the compass is of course not period correct - the correct original compasses are very hard to find these days). https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=3&theater
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Nice clear picture John... don't suppose you got one of the Cockpit of a Bristol Bulldog MkIIa up your sleeve? always on the look out for reference for possible future projects.

Matt

Oh yes... me likes...

And the mention of a certain canine breed makes me prick up my ears...

Had to share with you these screenshots Craig sent of the Pup... for the first time its out of its pajama suit of temporary textures... but please bare in mind what you see is still WIP. The metal for example will be looking different (I've already worked out a way of doing that which looks real good)... more well metal like .

Craig did such a lovely job of the leather texturing of the cockpit combing I felt it should have 3D stitching and so over the weekend I made some and as you see Craig has already added it. What a job that was to do but I think it was worth it.

Matt

Attachment 88500

Attachment 88501

Attachment 88502

Attachment 88503

Wow!
    The Pup always was one the prettier WWI aircraft
    SYSTEM :

Details, when scaled proportionately add a lot of depth.
    It's nice to see where the realism is being taken.