Craig and Matt's Sopwith Pup Project - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Craig and Matt's Sopwith Pup Project

First completed models... a couple of 66 Squadron aircraft. Note over wing Lewis Gun and Blunt Propeller Hub Spinner.

Matt

Attachment 88799Attachment 88800Attachment 88801Attachment 88802Attachment 88803Attachment 88804Attachment 88805

Yep, looks pretty much the same as the one I was photographing yesterday!

Very nice work indeed :salute:

Is that the shuttleworth one? Its a beauty. It didn't fly at the flying evening I went to not so long ago because it was too windy which was a shame. There is a difference in the shape of the side metal with our model and what you see above, but we've modelled it as contemporary photos show it. What you see in pic above may be a result of its conversion from a Sopwith Dove. Gotta love that original 80Hp Le Rhone engine.

Matt

It is, yep. They put on a great show yesterday, and a few visitors added to the excellence. I'll be posting a thread soon hopefully, with all the decent shots (same as I did for the Duxford show). If you see anything you like, or might want for reference for future builds, just let me know

It's a bit difficult to tell the differences from the model to the real thing. Real nice piece of work!

Looks incredible! I've got the Camel and I love it, so I am eagerly anticipating this one! When are you looking at this being available?
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is a war room!"

Intel i5-3230M @3.10 GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM @1600 MHz, AMD Radeon HD 7670M Graphics 2GB DDR3, 640 GB HDD @5400 RPM, Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, FSX+Acceleration

Look forward to seeing the other pictures you took Private Custard

Release... sorry to say it wont be in a few weeks or anything like that. There still a lot to do, however we will keep you posted on progress here. This project is getting a lot of TLC from me and Craig and we want it to be something special.

Matt

Here's some more development pics from today, remember its still a WIP

Craig

Wow, Craig, just fantastic!! The model and textures look brilliant, as do those features.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Really Nice work on this Pup!!!!

Awesome !

Great job Craig & Matt. The model looks stunning!

Huub

Outstanding!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I'll try and put up some pictures from the latest build myself as soon as I get time. Craig's configurator coding has added a great new element to the Pup. Items like the overwing Lewis Gun, 2 types of spinner and upper mid wing section can be changed at will to alter the appearance within the limits of the type of Pup modelled.

As mentioned earlier in this thread the Pup is most likely to be released as payware. It will come as three packs... a base pack and two add packs. We haven't finalized what will be what yet but the three distinct products will be 1) the Early Naval Pups often referred to as Beardmore type 9901a (Shuttleworth Pup is largely typical of those) 2) Production Standard Pup and 3)late war Colourful Trainer Pups. Type 1 gradually seemed to morph into type 2... so that a late type 9901a looked very similar to a production Std Pup (red cowled Julia above is a good example of a late 9901a). The Trainer Pups have some wonderfully gaudy paint schemes... There's a particular favourite of mine with a Monosoupape 100hp engine and Cowl and a humbug black and white paint scheme. I'm looking forward to seeing that one done.

Anyways things are progressing well... As well as some more variation models/Paints to get finished we have Custom sounds and FDE to get sorted... but we are getting there.

Matt

Put me down for one of each then.

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    and FDE to get sorted...
    Sounds interesting

Thanks guys ! here are a couple of the colorful trainers....

Craig

Blog Entries
    I really like that.. It looks wonderful..
    hey.. best of luck you guys are awesome..

Pam... did you see that Craig has done a scarf that flaps in the breeze for this!

Some more pics from me. Sorry they are not that imaginative and all around the ACG's Duxford scenery but that's just where I like to do my test flying.

first a couple of an early Beardmore type 9901a with tripod mounted Lewis gun. Note Le Rhone engine in this one and rivets on front of cowl... home in time for tea and

Attachment 89387Attachment 89388

A few of a later style 9901a
    Attachment 89383Attachment 89384Attachment 89386Attachment 89385

Another 66Sq paint... you may wonder why there are a few of them... that's my fault. 2 reasons.... they have interesting features like the over wing Lewis (SE5a style) and blunt spinners, and also I have the old Alphasim Western front scenery that has an RFC airfield with static Pups with similar markings which I thought it would go well with it:mixedsmi:
    Attachment 89382

Attachment 89381

Matt

Got first build from Craig with the colourful Trainers in, so here are some pics. Sounds where recorded at weekend so when I have a version with those installed I might see if I can find time to knock up a short Video.

Matt
    Attachment 89894Attachment 89895Attachment 89896Attachment 89897Attachment 89898Attachment 89899Attachment 89900

Members who have read this thread: 3