Awesome Wingsuit Video's

Thread: Awesome Wingsuit Video's

Awesome Wingsuit Video's

Just came across the YouTube Channel of one Jokke Sommer. I have been watching his wingsuit video's and am completely blown away. They are just incredible. Judge for yourself. Here are a couple of examples:

His page can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/JokkeSom...?feature=watch
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Saw the 2nd one on the news and it's quite a moment when they go between the buildings. THE ROCKETEER comes to mind. They said they did it in the early morning hours to
    have the smallest amount of air traffic in the air when they did it. I didn't catch whether it was "legal" to do it or not in the interview.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Members +
    "ITS A LEAP OF FAITH"....that is to believe this stuff...been fooled to many times by elaborate hoaxes......so lets all "TRUST BUT VERIFY"......On Jay Leno ,he showed this,and as this guy flew near the statue of Jesus Christ in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil ,with arms out ...and as he got close??Then Christ Statue Slapped his hands together on this guy, ,and That was The End Of the Small, Insignificant, annoyance....I KID YOU NOT!...I Saw it!...looked real to me..As real as it can get..<label for="rb_iconid_24"></label>

i have had a fear of heights all my life.but in the fire department i was assigned to the "truck" as it were for our department..was a telesquirt,and was 1200 gpm pumper.had a 100 foot water tower..so it was accually a "water tower" not a truck...but california doesnt or didnt then recognise water towers as a proper peice of fire apperatus ,but we had the K-12 and all the ladders on it.and used it for heavy rescue,so it was our "truck"..anyway...working with it on structure fires and what have you...it didnt bother me a bit to climb the roof ,cut a vent.or climb down ect...as a blumber..i could climb ladders and work off the top step while soldering over head ect..but if i go to the forresthill bridge and look down..730' to the river..i almost panic..or the golden gate...and the high dive at the swimming pool almost made me wizz myself a few times...

that said.....

i REALLY REALLY want to do this wingsuit thing...this looks like soooo much fun!!...like id love to skydive....to me....my fear on the bridges and on ladders is the fear of falling...but with skydiving,or the wingsuit...youve jumped onpurpose..you know you have a parachute..that you yourself had packed..ect...id trust myself and id like to do it....

Thanks for the upload, was excellent. Being a former sports jumper it's way to close to the ground for me.