Can anyone Identify These?

Thread: Can anyone Identify These?

Can anyone Identify These?

I have been going through a bunch of my old stuff and found these three pins that I cannot identify, does anyone know?

Attachment 83291

Thanks in advance.. The one on the right looks really old.. I bought a lot of Military pins and insignias about 10 years ago and they have been just sitting in a box until yesterday.. I found some that are worth some money, most interesting so far was the French BRONZE MEDAL 1916 SIGNED VERNIER on the BACK ON NE PASS PAS VERDUN.

Thanks in advance!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Question

Just guessing here but, the wings could be from some commercial airline. The middle pin looks like it has the Civil Air Patrol logo on it. The ribbon appears to be a presidential unit citation with two oak leaf clusters (means three awards). The ribbon looks like there may be a third oak leaf missing.

RD

Thanks! Will check it out..

The lettering on the wings reads "COMET" so it could well be a souvenir given to passengers on the early DH Comet flights.

MikeW

rdaniell is correct, middle badge is CAP, although I couldn't tell you what time frame. I'd poke Ebay to see value (if any).

The end one is the Presidential Unite Citation with 2 (maybe 3 -- hard to say...those things are hard to put on) Oak Leaf Clusters. Each OLC represents an additional award.

Rules on the PUC's are if you're in the unit when awarded, you retain as an individual award. If you're in the unit that's been awarded them, then you wear while in the unit, take off once you're out....unless you were in the unit when it was awarded. Unit citations in the Army are worn over the right breast pocket (left as you're looking at it).

Used to have fun with that on inspections since we had folks in units with PUC's and who were also awarded PUC's....so you had to count all the OLC's and see if they were correct. The PUC ribbon is not worth anything since they have been mass produced for so long....I have a half dozen or so in my dresser still.

I cannot for the life of me find anything reference the wings. I agree it appears to say COMET....however the carriers that flew the COMET used their own airline wings as souvenirs (BOAC, etc....). So, bit of a mystery.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Blog Entries
    the blue ribbon with clusters on it, looks like the one I wore when I was in the 2nd armored division, 1st of the 41 infantry, except it had 3 oak clusters.
    It was awarded durning ww2 battle of the bulge. I wore it along with another one my right chest, and I also had a red rope and a green rope I wore on the same shoulder, and I had a blur rope on my left shoulder, heck I looked aw some, lol.
    when I left ft hood and went to panama 4/20 infantry, I lost them, or had to leave them off my uniform, the 2 ribbons and 2 ropes.
    Look What I Have Become!

So much information.. You guys are awesome! Thank you... I was kind of hoping the Comet pin would be a reference to the Comet jet, as for the CAP pin, I couldn't find anything on Ebay that was close.. As for the Presidential Citation I thought maybe age would give it some value, but no..

Thanks Guys!

How many of you'll remember the episode of "Band of Brothers" where the Presidential Unit Citation was discussed? IIRC...one of the replacements was wearing one and was chastised by an original member of the company. Then Sgt. Randall explained that the PUC is authorized to be worn by all members of the unit while in the unit, etc.

RD