A F Scrub at it again!

Thread: A F Scrub at it again!

A F Scrub at it again!

Laird 'Super Solution' over at Simviation.com

FSX/FS2004 Laird Super Solution The Laird "Super Solution" was designed and built for the Cleveland Speed Foundation. Work began on the Super Solution LC-DW500 the 8th day of July, 1931 and it was test flown on the 22nd of August, 1931. The fuselage of the Super Solution was painted a brilliant green with the wings and horizontal tail surfaces a bright yellow. The wheel pants were trimmed in yellow and the racing number "400" was painted on the sides of the fuselage and the under surface of the lower wing. Named the "Sky Buzzard" and flown by Jimmy Doolittle, the plane had a top speed of 265 mph.GMAX mdl by A.F.Scrub. Tested in FS2004/FSX/FSXaceleration and Windows 7.
    ttfn

Pete

Neat looking little Bipe!
    Link
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Who the heck is A.F.Scrub?:isadizzy:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

He's a very prolific producer of flight sim airplanes.

Run a search of his name at the large sim sites. It's amazing the number of planes he's produced. His planes also convert to CFS 2 pretty easily so they perform double, perhaps triple duty in the various MS sims.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

A simple example:

New model ? Are you sure Mr Scrub ?

The original 3D model was from Paul Rebuffat, Where is it mentioned ?

Pretty decent model. Flys excellent, and fast.

Challenging to line up with the runway to land due to no forward vision:isadizzy:

Going to try approaching the runway at about 4-500 ft at around 80mph then cut the throttle and dump the nose to get lined up with the runway, then flare to settle in.

Another landing technique would be to approach the airport and runway end at 45 degrees, keeping the end of runway in sight and at the last moment line up with the runway, which will still be a guess that you are lined up correctly.

There seems to be at least some controversy with some of the Shrub uploads at the very least not crediting fully giving credit to original authors.

As for maintaining a visual on the runway a circular approach usually works best with aircraft that have limited forward visibility. Basically a constant speed, constant descend and constant radius turn that terminates lined up with the runway. Straighten out, raise the nose and flare.

Cheers
    Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny9850 View Post
    There seems to be at least some controversy with some of the Shrub uploads at the very least not crediting fully giving credit to original authors.

Cheers
    Stefan
    Not grave..
    I have to write: The credit to Paul Rebuffat is mentionned in the note file, at the end, but not in the presentation. And it was not, for the community, a new model.

Cheers,
    Frederic

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Who the heck is A.F.Scrub?:isadizzy:
    A relative of Adam Shadowchild?

(http://adamshadowchildbibliography.b...liography.html)

Sorry, couldn't resist

ttfn

Pete

Although I don't know him personally, I know Mr A.F Scrub lives in Belgium. Some models he releases are originals and some seem to be conversion of existing (CFS2) models. In the past I have been in contact with Erik Hetzenberger, who converts CFS2 models as well (Check on Simviation) and who knows Mr Scrub.

A while back somebody notified me he had included a repaint from me in one of his releases. As he doesn't ask any money for it and is one of the few freeware designers left I really don't care. In the readme file he gave credit to me and an other repainter who's work he had included.

As the text in the announcement message is written by the Flightsim.com staff, you can hardly blame Mr Scrub about the fact the name of the original designer was not included in the text.

Like with all freeware produced I see it as a free gift. As I'm Dutch, I like free gifts

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Although I don't know him personally, I know Mr A.F Scrub lives in Belgium. Some models he releases are originals and some seem to be conversion of existing (CFS2) models. In the past I have been in contact with Erik Hetzenberger, who converts CFS2 models as well (Check on Simviation) and who knows Mr Scrub.

Like with all freeware produced I see it as a free gift. As I'm Dutch, I like free gifts

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks Huub, for my own part I was wondering if 'A F Scrub' was a 'nom-de-plume' for someone

ttfn

Pete

just uploaded an improved repaint, done with A.F. Scrubbs permission. should show up in the library shortly

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    ... I was wondering if 'A F Scrub' was a 'nom-de-plume' ...
    Yes, it is a 'nom-de-plume' - or a 'nom-de-sim.'

The Scrub part comes from the 'scrubby' PC he had when he first got involved in the hobby.

I used to know where the 'A.F.' came from, but I don't remember.

I won't mention his real name since he doesn't use it in the hobby.

I posted this in NEWSHAWKS back on April 7th. FlightSim did an interview that was featured on their front page

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ub-interviewed

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Members who have read this thread: 0