Real World Weather Not Updating.

Thread: Real World Weather Not Updating.

Real World Weather Not Updating.

Is Real World Weather still supported in FSX or has it been dropped due to the age of the game?

The weather displayed appears to be the same on each session although it appears to download data from the Jeppeson server. It appears to be stuck on the reports current when I installed FSX on this PC last summer. Poor old Rio (SBGL) seems to be experiencing a permanent stinker of a thunderstorm.

I've tried deleting temporary internet files and browser history but no luck.

I'm running FSX on Windows 7 with 64 bit IE9 which I suppose didn't exist back in FSX days.

I found no results on the SOH search so perhaps no one is interested anymore

i think most people have moved on the aftermarket weather programs.....i used to use the FSX "realtime" weather...and it could be raining a half inch an hours at my local airport,and my home...and at beale which is where the reports come from for my area....and FSX would show my airport as clear with a slight overcast...so i bought,REX plus with overdrive

Might be worth a look as long as REX doesn't drag down my top-end-of-budget PC. I had ActiveSky on FS2002 a decade ago and I seem to recall there was a performance hit. I need the frame rates as a pirouette around at low level in my Piasecki H-21.

Shame the free real weather function doesn't seem to update anymore.

Here is a free one that I have been using a while seems to be the most accurate in my local area. Doesn't seem to effect FPS unless there is total overcast. http://www.hanse-coders.net/index.php?page=self&id=1

Use this one,

http://www.hanse-coders.net/index.php?page=self&id=1

Works with FS2004 too (with some nagging if the sim is not actually flying.)
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Use this one,

http://www.hanse-coders.net/index.php?page=self&id=1

Works with FS2004 too (with some nagging if the sim is not actually flying.)
    I can't afford REX at the moment but would like to improve my wether, could you give me a pointer where I can change the default server settings for FS9 weather updates?

Cheers,
    Sascha

Real World Weather is still working.

You can not change the server. Actually FS9 and FSX both use the same server.

If your default weather is not updating it was either a momentary issue (I had that happen a few weeks ago) or an issue with your PC.

Check your firewall rules or disable your firewall to make sure it is not blocking the communication.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Seems there have been some issues lately:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...ther-downloads

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...-World-Weather

Read through the OT distractions...

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Oh well, looks like FSX Real World Weather has gone so it'll be third-party in the future.

I found this one http://www.fsopen.co.uk/software/openclouds/ Free for the UK, but with a fee for global weather.

Nope it was still working today. It will probably go bye bye sometime in the future.

You might also have an issue with our TCP stack. You can rebuild it with the instructions here.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

Its a pretty simple process that can not hurt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    Nope it was still working today. It will probably go bye bye sometime in the future.

I'm guessing that P3D uses the same server so hopefully not.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

P3D does not have real world weather. Some of the addons work with it (REX, Active Sky) but it does not have the native weather plug in.

Having read this thread, I decided to try Real World WX again. And it is working. Kinda sad though, it does give real world snow up here in Maine on the first day of spring.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Thanks for the TCP advice DangerousDave26. I ran the Wizard but I'm still not getting any new weather. The half-dozen airfields I tested are still receiving the same old weather from the server. I'm pretty sure East Midlands (EGNX) in the UK isn't 15 celcius (they wish!!) this afternoon.

If anyone else wants to try a few airfields in the north of England I'd like to know what weather you're getting from Jeppesen. It's actually pretty Baltic here today.

Poor old Rio is still stuck with that thunderstorm, and it's -3 C in Berlin not +12C.

Looks like FSX Real World Weather is bust for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    Having read this thread, I decided to try Real World WX again. And it is working. Kinda sad though, it does give real world snow up here in Maine on the first day of spring.
    Well, real weather seems to have gone away again. Just tried Orlando where the golf was called due to severe thunderstorms...lot of lightning.
    FSX real world has it clear, warm, 7 knots, 50 mile visibility. Guess I'll have to buy some real weather.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Members who have read this thread: 0