Anyone else getting sick of winter?

Thread: Anyone else getting sick of winter?

Anyone else getting sick of winter?

We had a dusting of snow everyday last week, and a surprising 3 or 4 inch snowfall friday night. Temps got up above freezing saturday and helped melt some of it. Now monday we are looking at 2 to 4 inches, followed by some pretty cold temps for much of the week. Lows near 5F or -15C. We still have a couple of feet of snow on the ground. Iam ready for spring.

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Well if I was home in Yellowknife or Green Bay, I'd be sick of winter. Here in Texas it's been summer all winter for me lol. Although I have been called nuts and crazy here in San Antonio for going swimming and or using the Hot tub outside when the air temp at night was 35F. The only complaint I'll issue about Texas is my beer don't keep cold outside long errr. The USAF provides excellent daily Air Entertainment.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

here at my home..its been near 80 most all week..we might get light rain wed..but doesnt look good...and more warm weather after that....

Same over the pond - spring seemed in the air two weeks bakc, but winter is now back with a vengeance with temperatures below freezing and snow falling all week and forecast for the coming week

Oh man, winter is driving me to insanity. This is the first winter I've had to deal with since I bought my motorcycle. I don't know how much more of this I can take without going completely crazy thinking about riding. I already installed my new seat, am going to install my new saddle bags this upcoming weekend, and have planned a whole bunch of trips for this year. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Any other riders out there? How do you deal with winter?

No. I need one more big snow storm, preferably 7" or more. I need to exercise the 4WD in my Jeep.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    No. I need one more big snow storm, preferably 7" or more. I need to exercise the 4WD in my Jeep.

Amen to that! Same same for me but for the F-250HD. :

Here in Indy maybe an inch tonite... hopefully not slush - bleeh!

-Rob

Down here in the Valley of the Sun,(Phoenix),it was 93 a couple of days ago,been hovering in the high 80's most everyday.....summer is just around the corner and I am thinking it is gonna be a record high this year.....Just hope my A/C is up to the task,it's about 12 years old now but I have it serviced at least twice a year.

I'm in no real big hurry for summer here. I can always put on more clothes against the cold. But you can only take so much off in the heat.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Down here in Texas winter is all but over, in the 80's today. Sorry
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

I am sick of the Snowbirds! Only a few more weeks, and they head back home to NJ, IN, MN, and other states. The traffic congestion here in Fort Myers is h... during season. Most of the time, I rrarely go anywhere special on weekends because the crowds are horrible. Wait times at restaurants are ridiculous. Happiness is waving goodbye to these people.

NC

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I'm in no real big hurry for summer here. I can always put on more clothes against the cold. But you can only take so much off in the heat.
    And be legal, that is....

Here in Texas, we're in the stretch of the year before A/C season kicks in....cool evenings and mild daytime temps!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I am sick of the Snowbirds! Only a few more weeks, and they head back home to NJ, IN, MN, and other states. The traffic congestion here in Fort Myers is h... during season. Most of the time, I rrarely go anywhere special on weekends because the crowds are horrible. Wait times at restaurants are ridiculous. Happiness is waving goodbye to these people.

NC
    Yes Chief,yer correct..soon we will have our normal traffic flow..Just downright Dangerous..Normal for this Bone Yard...Watch yer "T_BONES"...Cool here in Southern Fla....Longer than I can remember..But Soon we will have our PURGOTORY again...But if its snowing in the Mid West?? Dem Snow Birds Will Not Leave...STAY SAFE!!.Cheers!!

You took the words right out of my mouth! I'm one of those weirdos who actually loves the cold weather and winter. I can't stand the heat. Places like Florida are my mortal enemies! So I have to say, I'm totally fine with this winter. It's actually been a relatively mild season in SE Pennsylvania...even though other parts of the US have had a rough one.
    -Mark

Another 6 inches of snow falling this night as i type
    I'm going to fix myself a Glühwein before bed!

We had a rain mixed with sleet Sunday and into the wee hours of Monday, temperatures today will be normal, but after that they will be running 10F below average for at least the next week. :isadizzy:
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Depending on whose report you believe, we're gonna get 10-14 in today and tonite.

Stupid groundhog!

I am sick of the Snowbirds! Only a few more weeks, and they head back home to NJ, IN, MN, and other states. The traffic congestion here in Fort Myers is h... during season.
    I can sympathize. When my late parents finally retired to their "dream home," they had it built on a lot they'd purchased back in the mid-sixties on the south end of Estero Island. During the winter season, just a drive to church on Sunday was typically a two hour ordeal. The church was located about 1.3 miles north of them...

...they soon learned to take the sloop instead of trying to drive!

Whenever they had to go to Ft. Myers for shopping, they had to drive south and go through Naples, as trying to take the "short way" was simply an exercise in futility.

My brother and I lived in Ft. Myers and were attending what was then called "Edison Community College" and going to spend the weekend with our parents nearly always involved going through Naples as well.

Thankfully, after only a dozen years there, they decided to relocate their retirement to Harlingen, TX to the "Golden Palms" retirement community. The only regret is that dad had to sell his cherished 32' sloop he had docked behind the house in the canal. :ernae:
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Whenever they had to go to Ft. Myers for shopping, they had to drive south and go through Naples, as trying to take the "short way" was simply an exercise in futility.

The traffic congestion is so bad in Naples, FL, that I don't go there, even during off-season!

I am SOOOO looking forward to moving to Costa Rica next year:salute: NC

The traffic congestion is so bad in Naples, FL, that I don't go there, even during off-season!
    Oh my! Now I'm doubly glad they sold their home on Estero Island! What's funny is that the lot was only $6,000 when they bought it, they designed the house themselves, hired an architect to finalize the blueprints, and had it constructed for just under $140,000...

Just over twelve years later, they sold the house for $2.6 million! Wow, talk about appreciated value over time. I told my parents to please do NOT leave either my brother or I the property in their Wills as neither of us could have afforded the taxes...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

I definitely need some spring! I gained a lot of weight, because it was wither too cold, too slippery or too wet to cycle!

Huub