Teaser

Thread: Teaser

Teaser

Any interest in this mod??

Admittedly, it doesn't fly but there's a skill involved nonetheless...

Attachment 82911

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    YEA!!! A Orc killer!
    I want one!

Does it work well on Ground Hogs(Werepigs) from Eastern Kentucky??
    Very dangerous they are..:tgun2:
    I likes BIG Bullets!!
    :salute: :salute: :salute:

Bofors 40mm? This model is a real improvment compare to the stock one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Quote Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
    Bofors 40mm? This model is a real improvment compare to the stock one.

Yup, but this one is for firing it yourself, not AI. It's too polyheavy right now to function as an AI model. To replace the stock 40mm, it needs LOD's which I haven't done yet. To blast away at some passing Luftwaffe a/c (or groundhogs), it is fine as it is.

I should LOVE one of those! One of my favourite "arcade" pastimes involves the ancient Wirbelwind and wave after wave of attacking aircraft. This looks like a far, far better way to do it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Me too! I love being an AA gunner at times. The Wirblewind is great for that. I'd love this as well!!

Okay,

Here's for you two (and any others that would like to give it a try). It temporarily has the (partial) .air file of the ETO Defiant and .xdp file of the ETO German Panzer IV, until I learn how to do that myself. So, credit goes to the creators of those! There's also a shoot-'em-up misison by Pat Pattle included (thanks!!). The high score stands at 12 a/c shot down befor I ran out of ammunition...
    Please feel free to try this and post any comments here!

Have fun,

Frosty

Live: Western Maryland. From: North Central West, By God, Virginia.
    Frosty, there is no round for it, as there is not tracer, burst, or round hitting the target. No damage is being done to the target. Other than that, it's OK.

Tooth, Fang, & Claw

Another use for sheep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

Grizz,

There should be a 'weapons' folder in the .zip, containing a .xml with the round. I 'll attach it again.
    Apparently CFS3 does not allow for player-fired AA rounds with proximity fuses. So there's no smoke puffs etc. Tracer is set at 100%. You have to score direct hits in order to bring down your target. Try shooting ground targets first to check that the gun is actually firing shells. And then again, you have to learn how to use the gunsight. It's not easy to hit a flying target: There's a lot of lead involved. Try to make the target fly towards the center of the gunsight, using the lines. The rings tell you something about the lead. The more perpendicular the aircraft is flying in relation to your position, the more lead is necessary. Even up to the point where it is outside the outer ring. Remember that you are firing over a greater distance than when you are dogfighting; by the time the shell gets there, the target could be gone. A clue is provided by the tracer: If you see it passing between you and the target, there's not enough lead. If you see the target passing between you and the tracer, you're giving too much lead. It really requires some practice but fortunately, Ju-52s are slow. If you get the hang of it, switch over to fighter aircraft: Smaller and faster targets!
    Let me know how things go for you.

;-)

Frosty

Thanks Frosty. Great mod!! I put it into one of my own Bob-style missions with Stukas diving down on my airfield. Swapped my Hurri for it. It took me a little while before i finally got one but i am a lousy shot after all!! Changed my padlock view to target-player and would lead up my target in the sights and then quickly jump to target view to see how close my shots would go . Nice work.