Birds in FSX

Thread: Birds in FSX

Birds in FSX

For anyone who loved the book 'Airymouse', by Harald Penrose...

MarkH

Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Birds + Airplanes = Bird strikes :isadizzy:
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Birds + Airplanes = Bird strikes :isadizzy:
    ha, that reminds me of a remark by a PBY pilot.
    We were looking at a Catalina one day when someone asked the pilot why it did not have flaps.
    His reply: with the Cat, we land so slowly that our only worry is bird strikes......from the rear!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    ha, that reminds me of a remark by a PBY pilot.
    We were looking at a Catalina one day when someone asked the pilot why it did not have flaps.
    His reply: with the Cat, we land so slowly that our only worry is bird strikes......from the rear!
    In other words, about as much use as a cat-flap in an elephant house! Get it? Cat-flaps?? Oh! Never mind....!LOL
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Markh, did u make the birds ?. That looks pretty cool, are they available for download? SWEET Bill

Thats awesome, I loved that documenary, fantastic idea! :salute:
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    Markh, did u make the birds ?. That looks pretty cool, are they available for download? SWEET Bill
    I didn't make the birds. The blackbird, seagull and swan are flyable 'aircraft' made by Earth Simulations. I can't remember if they're free to download or if they came bundled with the Isles of Scilly product. The Eagle is a free download by Christopher Hardt, likely available from Avsim et al. Bear in mind that these are all single bird models, so I had to apply a bit of 'training' to get them to fly like that...
    MarkH

Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Cool take on FSX, and a lovely video too. Beautiful mood.

Sascha

very nice work. We have most of those birds here in the mts of Colorado and esp the geese are not as much fun to live with as to watch in a vid. but you did very well.
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

nice little vid, Mark.
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

A certain Hitchcock movies comes to mind... *shudder*

Great vid!

I haven't seen birds in FSX in years. Somebody please refresh my memory as to what setting needs to be maxed to bring back the birds. Thanks
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

The flocks of birds are FSX scenery bgl files and can be added to any area if you have an object placement program like Instant Scenery. There are flocks of crows and gulls in various numbers.

Usually the scenery setting in the display options has to be a notch above normal, but it really depends on the settings made by the scenery designer.

I think it's Aerosoft that include birds with a lot of their payware. Oh and FTX of course.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

There are a few freeware and payware scenery add-ons that feature birds, but you will not find birds in stock FSX scenery.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.