This might be a help to some. (And some might say 'How could he be so stupid?') I have been re-installing some stuff into FSX and tweaking and fiddling and updating. One of the things I did was update my UTX. I also use (and really like) Graham Michaels VFR Appalachia (particularly KMRB...I wish he would do KJYO). After the thread on "Love and Hate with the C-27J" I re-installed my C-27J and went about updating and swapping out the FDE (thanks Pam). Darn it if my FSX wouldn't crash when my C-27J was about 5 miles outside KMRB. Delete C-27J. I really like the P-21 and was using that alot. It started crashing FSX ~5 miles outside KMRB. I think I found the fix!

The UTX update installed UTX Airports on top of my fav VFR Appalachia. I went into the scenery files and moved VFR Appalachia above UTX Airports. It seems to have fixed my problem. The only reason I was able to recognize this problem was because I have several FTX areas and if you are not flying in those areas you have to go into FTX Central and select FSX default so the FTX files don't load.

The moral to the story is (or maybe it's a question) ... has anyone developed a scenery hierarchy chart listing what should go on top of what? I haven't yet re-loaded another of my favorites (Aerosoft Niagara Falls), but I'm assuming any specific airports should go above any general airport file (like UTX Airports). Thanks and fun flying!