Bush Pilots Racing League - low and fast

Thread: Bush Pilots Racing League - low and fast

Bush Pilots Racing League - low and fast

Hello friends,

Jimmy Rowland recently posted an invitation to the Bush Pilots Racing League (BPRL) at flightsim, that I would like to extend to you.
    I believe it is an excellent opportunity to keep the RTWR skills sharp between races, as well as promising a lot of fun in itself.

As Jimmy said elsewhere - "The fastest low-n-slow you'll ever go!"...

It provides for intelligent racing in a bush flying environment, with planes that quite a few here will appreciate I believe - single-engine, normally-aspirated bushplanes.

The season is broken up into monthly race courses, with each course being of a relatively short duration (100-250 miles) consisting of multiple legs taking as little as a 10 minutes to complete, tracked by the Duenna.

I found the practice legs already very interesting and varied, a real challenge of piloting skills - low level flying, finding the best path across mountains, managing climb performance, off-airport landing ect, in addition to trying to get to the destination the fastest possible.
    I am looking forward to the race courses to be released monthly indeed (first one in April).

Several of us at flightsim have already signed up.

Go to the BPRL site to find further information, try out the Skagit Regional Practice Course, or sign up:
    https://sites.google.com/site/fsebprl

Check it out - the more the merrier.

Gunter

Thanks Gunter! That looks like fun. I've been flying the practice legs. Great flying up in Washington State.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Indeed! I'm enjoying it a lot myself.

Btw, that Helio Courier you brought up over there is a real beauty! Thanks!

Just a heads-up that the first BPRL circuit is up, and open till April 31.

Have a look at it here:
    https://sites.google.com/site/fsebprl/2013-04

April course has us flying through the PNW, following rivers with the wheels touching the waves, off-airport landing on the shore of lakes, and circling the local volcanoes, the wingtips feets from the slopes (I swear I've got some scars on mine).
    Weather on my flights also has been ... interesting ... but I guess that's normal for the area.

Check it out, and join us for some bare-knuckles racing pushing these bush planes to the maximum they can give, or just fly along the interesting missions if you're not feeling competitive.

Hope to see you out there. The more the merrier.

Gunter

Btw, the scoring system is designed so that all applicable bush aircraft are competitive - from the J-3 Cub to the C185, so you can fly your preferred plane without second thoughts.

No competition intended to the spring event - just fits nicely in until that one starts.