Grumman F-14D Tomcat for FSX(A) v2.0 released - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grumman F-14D Tomcat for FSX(A) v2.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I should have downloaded it when first seeing Dino's post. Too many folks downloading from Google, I can't get it!!

NC
    You're not alone. I've been trying since release and still cant get it:-(
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Many thanks Dino, a true labour of love, and a pleasure to fly.
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Uploading to flightsim and avsim as I write!

I am uploading at avism and flightsim as I write - sorry for the bandwidth restrictions but I wanted to make sure it worked before sharing it with a wider audience!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    I am uploading at avism and flightsim as I write - sorry for the bandwidth restrictions but I wanted to make sure it worked before sharing it with a wider audience!
    If you would like a mirror until the file hits the main forums, I can upload to my site and give a link for a day or two.

Kind of my way of say, Thanks! :salute:

Thanks, but the file will be soon up at avsim (they are quite quick to put it online - usually takes less than 24 hours)... by the way, FTP to flightsim failed...I am having several issues uploading at flightsim lately, so for the moment the file will be only available at avsim.

Thanks Dino, I got a day off tomorrow and guess what I will be doing:salute:

It is now ready at Avsim: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?...root&Go=Search

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

425th Alouette MAS and VMA214 MAV VA Squadron
    Thanks for another great release!

Got it!!! Got the JSF too. Thank you, Dino, for this wonderful wonderful day. My desktop has trouble downloading from your site via Google, but my laptop has no problem. Strange.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Many thank Dino for amazing airplane
    And I thank everyone who appreciate my paintings

This baby brought me out of the woodwork!

Love it Dino (and all those who were involved)! You did this beautiful aircraft justice, as usual. AMAZING! :salute: I can smell the jet exaust once again. A little bit of photoshop enhancement here and there:

Archer Pilot

Certified Flight Instructor
    ASEL/MEL

Of course, this Tomcat is my favorite. One thing, I like AutoSweep for the wings. I have clicked the switch on the throttle and cannot get autosweep to work. Manual is fine.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    Of course, this Tomcat is my favorite. One thing, I like AutoSweep for the wings. I have clicked the switch on the throttle and cannot get autosweep to work. Manual is fine.
    ????
    If you like AutoSweep, do NOT click the switch on the throttle.
    After loading the aircraft, Autosweep is ON by default. Clicking the switch on the throttle sets it to Manual, v.v.

Note: if Autosweep doesn't seem to work, and you haven't clicked the VC Throttle switch after loading, make sure you have raised the Flaps (Default: F5). When flaps are not fully up, Autosweep doesn't work.
    See README in the package.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    Many thank Dino for amazing airplane
    And I thank everyone who appreciate my paintings
    Great repaints of your, sir. Thanks you very much if you're going to have any more repaints in the future, would you paint these for us all, sir?...
    Attachment 82747Attachment 82748

Best regards from Thailand

VF-103 never had D models...so a repaint would be a WHAT IF type.

Grazie mille, Dino!
    It's a fantastic aircraft, you've made another unbeliavable job!
    Ciao!

P.s.: @piperarcherpilot, I'm breathless, great shots!

:salute:

We flew this baby in multiplayer last evening with 4 friends and it performed flawlessly. The radar also worked and we could detect each other. Excellent work Dino! A very generous offer of an obvious labour of love.

This is a great piece of freeware; many many thanks Dino! I'm relatively new to your F-14's; I take it there are no weapons load-outs, is that correct? And is there a layered paint kit that can be had anywhere?

Thanks once again, really enjoying flying the Tomcat!!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

A very nice addon! Great modelling, great paints and great programming. I enjoy it a lot ;-)

Best
    DagR

I second the request for a VF-11 last cruise Red Ripper. High vis and line would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    ????
    If you like AutoSweep, do NOT click the switch on the throttle.
    After loading the aircraft, Autosweep is ON by default. Clicking the switch on the throttle sets it to Manual, v.v.

Note: if Autosweep doesn't seem to work, and you haven't clicked the VC Throttle switch after loading, make sure you have raised the Flaps (Default: F5). When flaps are not fully up, Autosweep doesn't work.
    See README in the package.

Rob
    I was operating IAW the manual, no go. So I reloaded the plane and now works fine. Thanks for advice.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

On behalf of Jiri Soukup (who did the VF-2 and VF-31 repaints) - and the rest of the team - I would like to thank you all for your appreciation.

Jiri, who can not register at SOH at the moment, would like to thank you for your appreciation and especially piperarchepilot for the great screenshots (a personal note - F-14B and D do not use afterburners on take off and cat launches)... by the way he will be doing a Jolly Rogers repaint (fictional - although I suggested to paint 1064604 which was painted in VF-103 colors after its retirement...

Yes thank you to all who painted, these textures are awesome. I especially love Gunfighter 160. Speaking of which, a second VF-101 ship would be great... How about 163 or 164?

Add that to my request for a late VF-11 Red Rippers paint. CAG and line would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    although I suggested to paint 1064604 which was painted in VF-103 colors after its retirement...

Out of pure curiousity, is that BUNO 1064604 correct? I tried to find references to it, but could not find. Thanks! NC

Typo, sorry... there is a 0 in excess: 164604

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA--...5f585facac9775

Of course it was painted in this livery only after the retirement, and seems that this specific bird has been repainted in several other liveries (Puking Dogs, Fighting Checkmates and Tomcatters)...

Spent most of it's time prior to pulling gate guard as Vandy 1, the VX-9 all black jet, next to VF-84/103, one of the coolest schemes for any Tomcat!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS