Grumman F-14D Tomcat for FSX(A) v2.0 released
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grumman F-14D Tomcat for FSX(A) v2.0 released

Grumman F-14D Tomcat for FSX(A) v2.0 released

Attachment 82708

Ok...it is ready, more or less.I have released the 2.00 build of the F-14D. It is not 100% bug free, and some functions are not working as they should or could... but at this point I believe it is good enough for release and, although I do not like too much patches and fixes, they are a good method of improving the product quality - so expect some coming for the F-14, too.
    This is a "limited" introduction - that is the file will initially be available only on Google Docs. This is done ONLY to verify that the file works (i.e. there are no catastrophic issues) before releasing to repositories like Avsim or Flightsim. The file is 128Mb so, Google Docs is likely to have bandwith issues. Rest assued that the file will be released to the usual servers asap.

I'd like to thank all the contributors, the testers and the supporters that allowed this freeware project to reach its current level of quality and features. Credits as follows:
    3D model,textures,virtual cockpit and flight model by: Dino Cattaneo;
    Head Up display by Jivko Rusev, based on code by Scott Printz;
    Custom XML controls by Rob Barendregt;
    Sound package by Serge Luzin;
    VF-31 and VF-2 repaints by Jiri Soukup;
    VF-213 repaint reworked on an original by Hanimichal;

It can be downloaded from my blog here:
    http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.co.uk/...simulator.html

Please note that the file is quite large so Google Docs may have bandwidth issues - it will be uploaded to flightsim and avism asap.

Aside, I have also started a facebook page for my FSX project - you may want to look for Indiafoxtecho and "like" it.

Thanks Dino .. Cripes .. I have a payware F-14 but think with my SDB USS Enterprise your Tomcat is going to be the first to touch the deck in this round <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Thanks Dino !

Thank you Dino.

Thanks a lot Dino!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Many thanks Dino, I've been looking forward to this for a while. Regards, Ian.

You da man

Thanks for a outstanding effort :salute:
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Thanks for all the wonderful aircraft you have provided us ! :salute:

Guys, you are welcome! Thanks for the appreciation. It is just a humble homage to an amazing aircraft.

There is a number of potential improvements that could be applied to this initial release... I'll see what can be done in the next months - for one, I'd like to take some time to see if it is possible (and how long it wil take) to integrate this Tomcat in the TacPack environment...

Once again stunning work, well done sir!:salute:

Thank you very much Dino!:salute:

I also like to thank Hanimichal again for his beautiful repaints!:salute:

Thanks a lot Dino! I was looking forward to your F-14 but decided to wait until the "proper" release.

I managed a quick spin earlier on... Amazed by the very gentle handling and low speeds while landing! Had a look to check on internet and sure enough, approach speed: 125 kn, stall speed around 100 kn. Wow, what a good design!

Owen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Guys, you are welcome! Thanks for the appreciation. It is just a humble homage to an amazing aircraft.

There is a number of potential improvements that could be applied to this initial release... I'll see what can be done in the next months - for one, I'd like to take some time to see if it is possible (and how long it wil take) to integrate this Tomcat in the TacPack environment...
    It would be amazing if that were to happen. You would definitely set a new benchmark for yourself and your work.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Flew it for a bit this morning - happy to report there were no problems with it here.

Great work once again Dino! A huge THANK YOU!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Many thanks for your work and efforts, Dino! Same to all those that helped get this Big Cat in the air! It's much appreciated.

EDIT: Thanks Hanimichal, for the great repaints!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

She has Arrived

The moment has arrived, I wanted to be the one to post this great work as a sticky but was catching some zzzz's when she arrived. Thanks Dino for your fantastic contribution to our hobby. Trials fwill begin out of San Diego today and as you would suspect from MiraMar NAS.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Guys

You may want to take some time to read the "Virtual NATOPS" manual enclosed in the package - it is found on the docs folder of the Simobjects/Airplanes/Grumman_F14D ... it is based on the actual NATOPS flight manual - I am not really sure how many people actually do read the manual (I don't!) - but for those who are looking for more information on the big feline it should be an interesting read.

Whaoouuh ! how beautiful it is, thank you very much, Dino

An absolutely stunning model! Many many thanks Dino!
    Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    An absolutely stunning model! Many many thanks Dino!
    +1
    Michael

Banned
    Blog Entries

Link is clogged

Well, the link that Dino provides it either clogged up or unavail for some reason. I will retry later hopefully, there won't be any issues. Looking
    forward to the newest F14 rendition.

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.
    Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Thanks Dino! Awesome aircraft!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

I should have downloaded it when first seeing Dino's post. Too many folks downloading from Google, I can't get it!!

NC