I cannot download a A6M5 with 4 cannons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I cannot download a A6M5 with 4 cannons

Exclamation I cannot download a A6M5 with 4 cannons

Hi people!

I cannot download this.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...o&FileID=15229

Does anyone have a Zero like this? I need it to use like A6M6/7 version.

Attachment 82687Attachment 82688

Reply...

"Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxstuka View Post
    Hi people!

I cannot download this.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...o&FileID=15229

Does anyone have a Zero like this? I need it to use like A6M6/7 version.

Attachment 82687Attachment 82688
    Hi Maxstuka!

I fell in the same mistake a while ago, believing there existed a 4-cannon version of the A6M5 in WWII, but there was not. My misinformation came from other simulators and online WWII airwar games common wrong info. I was given the correct info by my good friends here at SOH and now I think it's my duty to reciprocate by passing it onto you.

The above A6M5 is actually a "C" version, or A6M5c, armed with the usual long-barrel 20 mm. cannons with added an outer pair of 13 mm. machine guns, almost doubling its firepower. The aircraft was deployed factory configured with the usual cowl-mounted 7.7 mm, but one was routinely removed in the field to save some of the additional weight due to the extra 13 mm. mgs plus ammo. In some cases, both 7.7 mm. cowl guns were removed.

The model and paintscheme you attached identifies that A6M5c Zero as built by Nakajima, due to its longer, less tapered prop spinner and a particular rear fuselage paint scheme, where the underside grey paint curves up over the fuselage after the "Hinomaru" roundel, reaching the tailplane underside.

Mitsubishi-built aircrafts had shorter, rounder prop spinners and a straight line dividing the upper green paint from the underside grey, starting from the wing trailing edge all the way to the tail cone.

A while ago, Old Wheat and I worked on a A6M5c version of the stock A6M5 overhauled by The B24 Guy, I then brought the same modifications over to Akemi Mizoguchi's A6M5, thus creating two "C" variants of exhisting CFS2 A6M5 models.

ChrisN then provided a nice repaint for Akemi's model, creating an historical livery for the A6M5c Zero flown by Japanese ace Takeo Tanimizu, here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=60&id=7805

Rami: mod packs should be available here at SOH. If not, let me know and I will re-upload them.

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Hi Maxstuka!

I fell in the same mistake a while ago, believing there existed a 4-cannon version of the A6M5 in WWII, but there was not. My misinformation came from other simulators and online WWII airwar games common wrong info. I was given the correct info by my good friends here at SOH and now I think it's my duty to reciprocate by passing it onto you.

The above A6M5 is actually a "C" version, or A6M5c, armed with the usual long-barrel 20 mm. cannons with added an outer pair of 13 mm. machine guns, almost doubling its firepower. The aircraft was deployed factory configured with the usual cowl-mounted 7.7 mm, but one was routinely removed in the field to save some of the additional weight due to the extra 13 mm. mgs plus ammo. In some cases, both 7.7 mm. cowl guns were removed.

The model and paintscheme you attached identifies that A6M5c Zero as built by Nakajima, due to its longer, less tapered prop spinner and a particular rear fuselage paint scheme, where the underside grey paint curves up over the fuselage after the "Hinomaru" roundel, reaching the tailplane underside.

Mitsubishi-built aircrafts had shorter, rounder prop spinners and a straight line dividing the upper green paint from the underside grey, starting from the wing trailing edge all the way to the tail cone.

A while ago, Old Wheat and I worked on a A6M5c version of the stock A6M5 overhauled by The B24 Guy, I then brought the same modifications over to Akemi Mizoguchi's A6M5, thus creating two "C" variants of exhisting CFS2 A6M5 models.

ChrisN then provided a nice repaint for Akemi's model, creating an historical livery for the A6M5c Zero flown by Japanese ace Takeo Tanimizu, here:

Rami: mod packs should be available here at SOH. If not, let me know and I will re-upload them.

Cheers!
    KH
    So the a6m7 models that fight in the last days have a only 2x20mm cannons in wings + 4x 7.7mm machingun (2 over the engine)+(2 in wings) ?.

I send a private massege to Allen request a a6m7, basically a a6m5 with two more guns in wings, because the bgl tubes are bad, is not a integral part of the model.In breaking wings the bgl disapear, and have problems in multiplayers game or quick combat.

I think that A6M zero is one of the most beutifull planes of the WWII, and I like so much the hawk 75 A3 with the large machines in wings like this ZERO heavy armed.

Hi Maxstuka!

Cheers!
    KH
    YOU ARE OK! look the A6M7 of museum

Attachment 82730

all pictures there

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/i...-a6m7-type-62/

conclusion, the only Zero with 4 cannons is the prototipe A6M8

Smile I think it's still an A6M5c

Hi Maxstuka,

let me comment again that the museum picture you posted cannot be an A6M7, since in an effort to improve the poor A6M5 performance against the F6F Hellcat, projected A6M6 and A6M7 variants never went into production and only two A6M8 prototypes, equipped with 1,300 hp Nakajima engines, were ready by June 1945.

Even the A6M5c variant production run was very low, so your museum picture must be of an A6M5c and this aircraft must be a true rarity, at that! In which museum is it displayed?

Your idea of a true A6M5c model is very interesting, I too agree that the gun tubes I used to create the variant do not look that great but, back in 2005, I did not know how to do better and our good Allen had not joined SOH yet.

Cheers!
    KH

Kelti - Those photos were taken at the Yamato Museum in Kure City, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan.

Hi Maxstuka,

let me comment again that the museum picture you posted cannot be an A6M7, since in an effort to improve the poor A6M5 performance against the F6F Hellcat, projected A6M6 and A6M7 variants never went into production and only two A6M8 prototypes, equipped with 1,300 hp Nakajima engines, were ready by June 1945.

Even the A6M5c variant production run was very low, so your museum picture must be of an A6M5c and this aircraft must be a true rarity, at that! In which museum is it displayed?

Your idea of a true A6M5c model is very interesting, I too agree that the gun tubes I used to create the variant do not look that great but, back in 2005, I did not know how to do better and our good Allen had not joined SOH yet.

Cheers!
    KH

A6M7 entered in production in small quantities,but fight in the WWII. The model of this museum is not a A6M5C that you say.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Japan...ero/2212663/M/

This zero can add a bomb under the fuselage in place of droptank, this models use primary to fight and if it was damage or has insuficient bullets or fuel, it use like kamikaze.

210th Kokutai, based at Meiji.

http://es.scribd.com/doc/62236630/5/A6M7-Model-63

another item is the underwing racks could accommodate air rocket bombs. look the racks in the museum pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxstuka View Post
    A6M7 entered in production in small quantities,but fight in the WWII. The model of this museum is not a A6M5C that you say.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Japan...ero/2212663/M/

This zero can add a bomb under the fuselage in place of droptank, this models use primary to fight and if it was damage or has insuficient bullets or fuel, it use like kamikaze.

210th Kokutai, based at Meiji.

http://es.scribd.com/doc/62236630/5/A6M7-Model-63

another item is the underwing racks could accommodate air rocket bombs. look the racks in the museum pictures.
    Hi Maxstuka!

Thank you for sending such a volume of extremely interesting info about the Zero!

My primary source "World Aircraft Information Files", a 1997 Aerospace Publishing line of books, does not specify about the final phases of WWII Zero variant development and production in such detail. I simply relayed what I had read and I also made few mistakes, because I was writing off the top of my head. I apologise for it.

Yesterday afternoon I went back reading, the engine equipping the A6M8 was a Mitsubishi MK8P Kinsei 62, 14 cyl. radial, rated at 1,560 hp of takeoff power and 1,340/1,180 hp @ 2,100/5,800 m.

The book mentions the armament increase of the A6M5c and describes the A6M6 and A6M7 as simple interim variants of the A6M5, while waiting for the A7M Reppu to materialise.
    Moreover, only 93 A6M5c were built, while A6M6 and M7 did go into production but it was only nominal. Better pilot and fuel tank protection was introduced on the M5c, while an improved fire extinguisher system was installed from the M6 onwards.
    The M6c introduced the capability of carrying 8 rockets and a ventral up-to-250kg bomb rack, the M8 had a redesigned cowl to accomodate the larger Kinsei 62 engine, which meant also eliminating altogether the two 7.7 mm cowl guns, but only two M8 prototypes were ready by May, 1945. No A6M Reisen version was ever configured with four 20 mm cannons.

This is the info I have, but the "In Action" article you posted filled several holes in my knowledge. Thanks again and thank you, Cody Coyote as well for indicating the Hiroshima museum, I kinda figured such Zero model could not be very common in a Western air museum!

Cheers!
    KH

I think I read somewhere that the main reason for the A6M7 version was that the standard IJN dive bomber (the D4Y Suisei) couldn't take off from the Japanese light carriers, so they converted the Zero in a sort of small dive bomber with a 250Kg bomb in the center line and a strengthened tail. Unfortunately, when development was over, there were virtually no carriers to use it from, and they were used in Special Attack units.

But as fas as I know, no Zero was ever armed with 4x 20mm cannons.
    Greetings from Spain

Quote Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
    I think I read somewhere that the main reason for the A6M7 version was that the standard IJN dive bomber (the D4Y Suisei) couldn't take off from the Japanese light carriers, so they converted the Zero in a sort of small dive bomber with a 250Kg bomb in the center line and a strengthened tail. Unfortunately, when development was over, there were virtually no carriers to use it from, and they were used in Special Attack units.

But as fas as I know, no Zero was ever armed with 4x 20mm cannons.
    The A6M8 yes, but no enter in production and no fight nothing unit. But the A6M7 similar to A6M5 but with two machine guns ,one in wing. yes!.
    So the A6M7 was the last zero in the WWII and the most heavy, look the image, this is a real zero in japan museum.

Attachment 82882Attachment 82883

This differs a bit from what has already been posted and perhaps this may not be entirely accurate, but I'll post incase some info maybe useful.

From my book source, Japanese Aircraft of World War II (c1979), the A6M7 was in production in May 1945 as the Model 63. It doesn't state the number that were produced. It is stated to be a dive-bomber version of the A6M6c with a special bomb-rack and increased fuel capacity. The bomb capacity (maximum I guess) is stated to be a 500 kg bomb on the special centerline rack.

The A6M6c is stated to be a version of the A6M5c powered by Nakajima Sakae 31 engine with water-methanol injection and with self-sealing fuel tanks. Manufactured by Nakajima as the Model 53C.

Armament for A6M5c, A6M6c and A6M7 is stated to be two wing mounted and one fuselage mounted 13.2mm Type 3 machine guns and two wing mounted 20mm Type 99 cannons.

Hope it helps, Cheers

Hasegawa A6M7 model kit here shows some interesting A6M7 details that maybe of some interest.
    http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10070217

I started work on the A6M5c? A6M7? I don't know but I started on it!

I have to get this into CFS2 and check the aileron, flaps and gear animations. This is just the main Exterior model. I havn't started on the VC (I should be able to use most of the VC from the A6M3 Zeros I did) and the LODs.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post

I have to get this into CFS2 and check the aileron, flaps and gear animations. This is just the main Exterior model. I havn't started on the VC (I should be able to use most of the VC from the A6M3 Zeros I did) and the LODs.

Nice!.please remember the wire , it get a better look to the model to compare in the menu with the other stock zeros!!.:birthday2
    If you can add wire for your exelent A6m3 model 22, is it would appreciate, would be the collection of zeros that microsoft can't do, but you if!.

The A6M5c y A6M7 are basically the same ,the A6M7 was prepared for attack roll with rockets and more bomb capacity.I estimate, that a6m5c 93 more the continuation of a6m7 round 150 units,meaby 200, no more.
    A6M5c Model 52C:
    Only 93 were built from October to November 1944 and used

primarily in the Iwo Jima and Okinawa campaigns. The increased firepower, pilot

armor and fuel protection added 600 lbs. to the A/C which severely reduced

performance. Production was quickly terminated in favor of the A6M7 model fighterbomber

Zeros. Fuel tank fire extinguishing system carried. Ring and bead backup

sight. Stations 1 and 3 may carry one bomb of up to 132 lb., one 120mm or two 55mm

rockets. Station 2 may carry one 79 gallon drop tank.

Fire Extinguisher System:
    Whenever a fuel critical hit results in a "Fuel Fed Fire",

the fire extinguishing system is activated. The extinguisher provides a +4 modifier

to the end of the turn "Fire" die rolls. The fire extinguisher is only good for one use.

Icon5 Another one?

Hey Allen,

do you ever go to sleep? You've got a chain production going on over there!

Fabolous A6M5c/M6/M7!

Cheers!
    KH

P.S.: Just a wee suggestion: to make it even more realistic, remove one of the cowl guns, if possible. The Hasegawa 1/32 model scheme posted above by Oglivie shows clearly which one should be removed.

Attachment 83590

1)in celeste color, you need to make a antena

2)you need to add a one more exaust pipe, I put in paint one in the position that it need.

Look the original aircraft,to see, those things missing

Attachment 83591Attachment 83592Attachment 83593

This variant have 4 exaust pipes in the dorsal of the engine.

Attachment 83594

Attachment 83595

http://aviarmor.net/aww2/_photo_airc...en%20cross.jpg

All the others thinks, look Ok in your images.

Pd: wire is perfect !thanks

A few more ideas if needed ...

Yes sir, that will be neat!!

Some thoughts:
    It seems that the left fuselage gun was omitted for those last three production A6M versions, but I'm not positively sure of it. The last version with the left fuselage gun seemed to be the A6M5b with fuselage left 7.7mm, fuselage right 13.2mm, and two wing 20mm.

Some Possible Payload Configs:

A6M5c - centerline drop tank and two wing 60 kg bombs
    A6M6c - centerline drop tank and eight wing rockets
    A6M7 - centerline 250/500 kg bomb, two wing drop tanks and eight wing rockets

http://www.combinedfleet.com/ijna/a6m.htm
    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...M6C_Zero_2.jpg
    http://www.flugzeuginfo.net/galleryp...p?photoid=6143

Whatever works well for CFS2, I am just thinking some historical stuff.

Cheers

All LODs done. I have to check the model to make sure parts are linked right and for game crash also related to bad part links.

kelticheart

Not enough sleep. The gun is prob best to be edited out by textue.

Maxstuka
    Attachment 83637

Oglivie
    You wouldn't know the amout of ammo the A6M5c, A6M6c and A6M7 had? I can guess that the 20mm didn't change from the A6M5 but I can't find a ammo count for any of the 13.2 mm....

All LODs done. I have to check the model to make sure parts are linked right and for game crash also related to bad part links.

kelticheart

Not enough sleep. The gun is prob best to be edited out by textue.

Maxstuka
    Attachment 83637

Oglivie
    You wouldn't know the amout of ammo the A6M5c, A6M6c and A6M7 had? I can guess that the 20mm didn't change from the A6M5 but I can't find a ammo count for any of the 13.2 mm....
    Thanks Allen! this was fantastic.

I reedited the .dp of A7M2 reppu, and add a japan rockets, We can add it to your new A6M7.

Attachment 83658

The ammo info is there in some of the information links that I uploaded.I will research because I not remember.

Pd: Like kelticheart I think that you can add a small tube in the nose of the wings guns, to get it a differentiation.

For example this is a image of guns of P-35, you can understand easy about the final nose termination that I said.But I am grateful with the details that you've already added.
    I just give an idea.

Attachment 83665

Thankyou so much!.

This data is interesting

150 units was made in the A6M7 model

http://pwencycl.kgbudge.com/A/6/A6M_Zero.htm

Attachment 83663Attachment 83664

A6M5-52b - 2330 built
    Nakajima Sakae 21 radial engine
    One 7.7 mm Type 97
    (680 rpg) and One 13.2 mm Type 3 (approx 300 rpg) mounted in the cowl, One 20 mm
    Type 99 (100 rpg) in each wing

A6M5-52c - 93 built
    Nakajima Sakae 21
    radial engine
    One 7.7 mm Type 97 (680 rpg) mounted in the cowl, One 20 mm
    Type 99 (100 rpg) in each wing, one 13.2 Type 3 (approx 300 rpg) in each wing

A6M5-K - 7 built
    Two seat trainer version
    Nakajima Sakae 21
    radial engine
    Two 7.7 mm Type 97 (680 rpg) mounted in the cowl

A6M6-53c -
    Nakajima Sakae 21 radial engine
    One 13.2
    mm Type 3 (300 rpg) mounted in the cowl, One 20 mm Type 99 (100 rpg) in each
    wing, one 13.2 Type 3 (approx 300 rpg) in each wing

A6M7-63

Nakajima Sakae 31 radial engine
    Two 7.7 mm Type 97
    (680 rpg) or optional one only 13.2 mm Type 3 (approx 300 rpg) mounted in the cowl (like A6M5B)
    One 20 mm Type 99 (100 rpg) in each wing, one 13.2 Type 3
    (approx 300 rpg) in each wing.

http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/IJARG/a6mzero.htm

A6M5c /A6M6/A6M7:
    Two 20mm Type 99 Mk. 4 Cannon fixed in outer wings.
    - Ammo: N/A.
    Two 13.2mm machine guns fixed in outer wings.
    One 13.2mm machine gun above front fuselage (Optional).
    Wing racks for two 132 lb (60 kg) bombs.

This is the confi to add in the .dp in orde to add the 30kg japan rockets
    gunstation.3=2,-1,4,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0*0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 ; ROCKETS

[guns.3]
    gun.0=8,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,

[HARDPOINTS]

mount.3= -2.5,-0.75,-0.06 ; rocket pylon #1 left side
    mount.4= 2.5,-0.75,-0.06 ; rocket pylon #1 right side
    mount.5= -2.8,-0.75,-0.08 ; rocket pylon #2 left side
    mount.6= 2.8,-0.75,-0.08 ; rocket pylon #2 right side
    mount.7= -3.1,-0.75,-0.10 ; rocket pylon #3 left side
    mount.8= 3.1,-0.75,-0.10 ; rocket pylon #3 right side
    mount.9= -3.4,-0.75,-0.12 ; rocket pylon #4 left side