FSX Italy Deserted

Thread: FSX Italy Deserted

FSX Italy Deserted

Ok, not quite deserted but it looks like the country is mostly desert!

I've tried a popular fix my buddy found on Avsim but it makes little difference.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong [over 20,000 downloads of the above so it must work for one or two people]

Thanks, Dave :salute:

There is a lot of nice freeware photoreal scenery available for Italy, search for Mazzokan, and look on Ozx for Tuscany for starters.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    There is a lot of nice freeware photoreal scenery available for Italy, search for Mazzokan, and look on Ozx for Tuscany for starters.
    Fantastic Jankees thank you!

First time I've heard of Mazzokan :salute:

Best, Dave

Good landclass also helps with desert phenomena. There is at least couple of options for Europe landclass, from Cloud 9 and SceneryTech. OpenVFR landclass is nice option too, though they offer it for one country at a time, not whole continent. Adding Good landclass improves hugely other terrain features too like shorelines, autogen placement and roads. I am satisfied with my scenery using Cloud9 landclass and Leclerq textures as my "default" scenery. Improvement over default is huge. And no desert Europe to be seen anywhere.

By the way. Cloud9 practically disables seasonal textures by default, but it can be easily changed so that seasons appear again.

And we have a mix of excellent commercial and freeware scenery in our shop. Look for RealEarth products..... www.silvercloud-store.com
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

You guys are the business!

SOH-CM-2022
    Try looking thru this collection of Italian scenery
    You should find a couple of things that help
    http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/italy.html

Gavin

If you search flightsim.com for Adam Mills, you will find replacement textures for Europe and the USA
    which go a long way towards removing the desert look of countries in summer.

This is a random shot just outside Rome in August.
    Attachment 82675

Also, Orbx will becoming out with their landclass/textures for the entire world this year, FTX Global, which will make flying the world over more palatable.

Members who have read this thread: 0