IRIS - Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-21 Out - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: IRIS - Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-21 Out

Hello,

A new French Air Force repaint, for the Pilatus PC-21, by Martial Feron is available in the SOH Library / FSX skin

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=16114

Have a good day

Benoit
    ALPHA BLEU CIEL Gmax Ac RESTAURAVIA Royale French Navy

Hello. I need help to do a repaint. How to hide or delete formation lights? Modified Alpha Channel? Effects or Specular textures? Thx.

The formation lights can be removed in game, with the FMC. I don't think you have to manage that in your repaint.

Thanks Wapanomi you're right, is fully explained in the manual. I must remember to read the manual before doing anything.

You're welcome. Good luck with your texture, it's a wonderful plane to repaint.

Here is an interesting repaint project :

The first Pilatus PC-21 for the Saudi Arabia Air Force fresh out at the Pilatus factory at Stans, Switzerland.
    June 13, 2013.
    :mixedsmi:
    VaporZ

i'm sure i did a Saudi one for release, not sure whether David released it with the pack though...

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    i'm sure i did a Saudi one for release, not sure whether David released it with the pack though...
    He did and it's quite close to the final product:

Would love to see more repaints for this nice aircraft coming BTW!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

i might still have my masters for that, will take a look this evening in case i do.... :salute: if so it's a quick change...

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    And of course I have to make a request for a fictional livery based on this one...:

Attachment 89242
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

i always liked that scheme... just something very aesthetically pleasing about it

The more I fly the pc-21, the more I like it. Tonight I noticed how the landing lights reflect off the back of the prop... very cool

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm asking this out of simple curiosity, the title piqued my interest since it is named "Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-21." Why this name? Is there something about this model that is considered to facilitate a professional level of training, or was it intended to emphasize that this aircraft is used as a primary trainer for many national air forces?

Cheers,

Ken

I don't know but it has a lot of documentation. The pilot handbook is 140+ pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post
    I'm asking this out of simple curiosity, the title piqued my interest since it is named "Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-21." Why this name? Is there something about this model that is considered to facilitate a professional level of training, or was it intended to emphasize that this aircraft is used as a primary trainer for many national air forces?

Cheers,

Ken
    Not answering your question but the Swiss use the PC-21 as an advanced trainer and graduates convert directly to F-5s and F-18s (and Gripens when they enter service). The other users (Suadia Arabia, Singapore, UAE, Qatar) all have Lead-in jet trainers

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post

Cheers,

Ken
    IRIS has a number of "series" in their portfolio that denotes the hierarchy within their product range, for example the "Pro Series", "Platinum Series" etc.
    TFZ-034
    "I fought the law and the law won ..."

Pilots Right Arm,

Hi,
    I just got this as Iris are having a sale on. Lovely aircraft but has anyone noticed the pilots/students right arm is not modeled onto the stick, it's been place over to the right side

Attachment 89321

Quote Originally Posted by Lawman View Post
    IRIS has a number of "series" in their portfolio that denotes the hierarchy within their product range, for example the "Pro Series", "Platinum Series" etc.
    I suspect you are right, and as a marketing tool it is their right. But, I do hope it is emphasized by all involved with this project that nothing produced for FSX by anyone at any time can be considered flight or simulator training in pursuit of any real-world pilot certificates. As an instructor pilot in the real world, I take that seriously because it is something that professional flight instructors emphasize.

I remember back when there was the Discovery Wings channel and there was an outstanding regular program that showed one of the best CFI's I have ever seen be videotaped providing actual flight instruction to a student pilot. However, even with that, the program made a point of showing and reading a disclaimer that nothing in the program could be considered to meet the requirements of actual instruction simply because that kind of instruction requires the kind of fidelity and interaction that not even video of actual flight instruction can provide.

Anyway, FWIW, I think we all need to remember that this is merely a PC game. It's a great game, and it is very enjoyable and folks like at Iris work very hard to produce some excellent products to advance the enjoyment people can have in the game. But, I hope none of us take it that additional step to imply there is anything truly at the level of professional training going on in FSX by anyone.

Cheers,

Ken

Got the PC-21 this weekend and am loving it. So far spent 3 hours of flight time figuring out all of the goodies. The paint schemes are outstanding. I was drawn to the IRIS low-vis and the primered aircraft the most.

Question for Matt. Do you have a desert tan flight suit texture for the pilots? The Middle Eastern crews often fly in tan bags versus green, as do the USN now.

All in all, I'm very happy with the new addition to my "hangar".
    I pass gas!

It has become one of my favorites

Tan flight suit.... hmm... let me check... i believe i do..... somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    Tan flight suit.... hmm... let me check... i believe i do..... somewhere
    Thanks Matt. Looking forward to it.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

ok hope this works.... tan/coyote flight suit for PC-21 crew, with stadard green Nomex gloves.......

Attachment 89876

Members who have read this thread: 41