IRIS - Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-21 Out - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: IRIS - Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-21 Out

Hi,

Interesting scheme, but very unlikely in the real world as Norway (as Denmark) only do the entry basic flight training before sending the students of to fly the T-6 Texan II and T-38C at Sheppard. We will probably see another light primary trainer far from the class of the PC-21 as the capabilities are not needed.

The Norwegian AF use a font very similar to the "RAF_WW2_841ATH" as the standard font. The safari aircraft are though having another font. I'm pretty sure a PC-21 type aircraft would have used the official font.
    My guess would also be that the number on the tail should be a bit smaller and more centered on the tail.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Icon5

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    The updated file isn't available from Simmarket. I DL'd it today and ran the installer. The installer window said it's v1.2, and when I flew the model it still did the same thing.
    Hi Bone,
    I grabbed this from David's post on the FB page.
    https://www.facebook.com/irissimulat...69251283226088

PC-21 Optional Update: Version 1.25 Hotfix is now available.

This hotfix is an OPTIONAL hotfix and reduces top end engine lag found by some users.

If you are happy with your engine performance in the PC-21, you have no need to install this hotfix, however if you would prefer a more 'punchy' feel to your engine performance, this hotfix will provide you with more realistic engine performance.

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/files/hf_pc21_120_125.exe

This file REQUIRES version 1.20 to be installed prior to installation.

Now, I'm note sure and David is unavailable ATM, but I think he re-wrote the hotfix again judging by his additional comment
    Okay, effective 0220 UTC, 13/03/13 - Version 1.25 is updated with new core files. These files again slightly change the engine power curve for a more realistic value. ~David.

Give that a go. It is optional not everyone needs to install it. We're looking at supplying it to the distributors with a clear readme saying that it is optional, and it's not a necessary update. There are more paints coming out this week so we'll try & get 1 solid update released to the distributors at a time.

If you're not on Facebook or a regular to our website / support system we do have RSS Feeds available for you. You can use a filter through Feedburner (pretty sure they are filter ready) the content you're not interested in. This way you'll be kept up with what's happening. I'm working on getting all the links into one place, and will update my signature when I have that. Feed parsers... oh joy!

Cheers.

Karen

ok thanks. I did try the hotfix 1.25 the other day, but it created a new problem which was worse then the old problem...which I mentioned in this thread earlier, so I'm sure he saw it. I made an assumption that the new full installer 1.25 was a different attempt at fixing it. At any rate, Simmarket hasn't updated the file, as David mentioned that they did.

Hi JensOle, thanks for your feedback and information - both, the danish and the norwegian paintings are pure fiction - but i like to do the paints :mixedsmi: . I`ll do as mentioned by you and change the Tail-Number in Height and position.

Greetings

Dirk

Hi !

Your danish plane is very nice... Don't know why, but it makes me thinking at the beautiful slovenian PC9...

Quote Originally Posted by miragecy View Post
    When do we get the Greek repaint?

I'd love to see the paint sccheme used on the current Greek F-4E's and F-16's.....shades of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    I'd love to see the paint sccheme used on the current Greek F-4E's and F-16's.....shades of gray.
    You mean the Aegean Ghost scheme

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Thanks VaporZ - then the next one will be from sweden. Skyhawka4m - yes, a "what if" - orlik style will be added to the list .......

Greetings Dirk

French Armée De l'Air Pilatus PC-21

By the way, for your information, many french aviation and defense magazines are confirming the following :

French "Armée De l'Air" will be a Pilatus PC-21 customer as soon as 2014-2016 timeframe.

Segments of the current AlphaJet training syllabus will then be transfered to the PC-21 at Cognac Air base
    under a "public private program" ( PPP ) just like the Canadian "NFTC" program at Moose Jaw Air Base !

Tours air base will be closed, leaving all advanced AlphaJet training to be concentrated at the Belgian/French
    "AJeTs" program at Cazaux Air Base.

AlphaJets will eventually be replaced at Cazaux's "AJeTs" by Alenia M-346 Masters in a joint venture including
    "Masters" from France, Belgium and Singapore plus for any future other interested participating Air Arms.

( Please Iris Simulations think of an Alenia M-346 Master for FSX )

Then, remaining French AlphaJet trainers will "soldier on" for the "Adversary Role" at Dijon Air Base and for the
    famed aerobatic "Patrouille De France" at Salon De Provence Air Base.

-->>

The French Pilatus PC-21 will most probably be painted just like the current Epsilon and Alpha Jet Fleets :

Medium Grey Overall
    Fully colored national roundel and squadron markings
    Dayglo Orange Panels on fin tip and wing tips
    White "Armée De l'Air" inscription
    Six digits "Air Base" codings on fuselage
    ( 709-xx for Cognac Air Base )
    Airframe number on fin

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Franc...46eaf20b999e46

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Franc...e17225e3af881c

:mixedsmi:
    VaporZ

Very detailed Informations VaporZ - ok, french paint is added to my "to do"-list. In the meantime here is the modified norwegian paint.

Dirk

.... and another Variation, now with "RAF_WW2_841ATH"-font - the shot above shows the "RAF_WW2_851ATH"-font. I mess up the different fonts

With the latest hotfix everything now works perfect. =)

Awesome...

If any of you have any paints you'd like us to host on our website on the PC-21 page, please let us know the download links and we'll happily do it for you.

DB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Interested in the UAE-128 "Pilatus test flight" textures David?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Hi JensOle, thanks for your feedback and information - both, the danish and the norwegian paintings are pure fiction - but i like to do the paints :mixedsmi: . I`ll do as mentioned by you and change the Tail-Number in Height and position.

Greetings

Dirk
    Yeah, that is the beauty of FS I have been doing some work to see how the Swedish low vis Gripen scheme look on the PC for a possible swedish and hungarian paint.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

these systems are simulated?
    a) landing gear warning
    b) landing gear test button
    c) Emergency Jettison pushbutton
    d) Emergency Landing Gear Handle
    the landing gear warning only works occasionally, other controls are clickable but do nothing
    The manual says they are all operating

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Yeah, that is the beauty of FS I have been doing some work to see how the Swedish low vis Gripen scheme look on the PC for a possible swedish and hungarian paint.
    Hi JensOle, that sounds good - i am a great fan of your artwork and looking forward to your PC-21 - Paints. I'll starting with a french and polish one.

Greetings Dirk

First Flight ....... (WIP)

so it looks today ......

Hello Fireball6,

Your french armee de l'air repaint look great. It will be one of my favorite when it will be available. Thank for your wonderful repaint work

Benoit
    ALPHA BLEU CIEL Gmax Ac RESTAURAVIA Royale French Navy

Glad you like it Benoit - i`ve just finished a slightly modified paint for the Display-version. Need to do the "Paperwork" and then they are ready to go. Think they should be available in the next two days.

Dirk

Wow! Like the RAF-Paint

Hello Dirk,

Thank hyou for the superb "armme de l'ai"r repaint of the PC-21. As I said previously it is one of my favorite for this model.

Have a good day

Benoit
    ALPHA BLEU CIEL Gmax Ac RESTAURAVIA Royale French Navy

The PC-21 "128" UAE Pilatus flight test repaint has been released, enjoy!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Members who have read this thread: 41