OhOh! Seeking Radeon Help

Thread: OhOh! Seeking Radeon Help

OhOh! Seeking Radeon Help

Okay fellas. I took the plunge yesterday afternoon and dove in deep. I have gone to best buy to many
    times this week getting stuff to get my other machine up to snuff. Did you notice I said other machine!!
    Well, I bought a newbee. Now I'm a newbee too. I am having a hard even spelling windows 8 needless to
    say I know nothing about it. My eyes were like deer eyes in the car lights all night trying to figure this
    mess out. Instead of formating it and installing windows 7, I have decided to give it & me a chance.

Any way it's a Hp Envy h8-1534, amd six core fx-6200 processor, 10 gb ddr3, of course it comes with all
    the stuff like s super hot burner. ( no, cooking allowed ) and 1.5tb hard drive.
    Dug real deep in the jeans and brought home a 27 inch samsung monitor too.. It's a redneck monitor.
    The monitor is bigger than the tv I watch.
    The thing is it has a amd radeon hd7570 with 2gb ddr3 dedicated memory graphics card.

Now, I am a nvidia person, had them all my life and know how to tweak'em good enough to where fsx looks
    great on windows 7 and fs9 did great also.

Is there a utility like nvidia insprector to fix up the graphics in a radeon? A website? Anything? I am sure I
    am not the only one who has done this. There is someone in the know out there, where is he.
    I don't even know where to go to update drivers.

I installed fs9 this morning just to give a run and a looksee. It ran great with everything on and full right.
    But the graphics left a lot to be desired. Got the jaggies pretty bad along with blurry scenery and all that
    goes with that and I have no idea of how to even attempt to fix that.

Any help will certainly be appreciated.

United States Marine Corps Retired
    pSsT! Never Skydive From Your Flight Simulator

OK, my card is a Radeon HD4650 1GB so I can help out a bit here, I'm running win7 btw; This is how-to on my system, yours may not be same but similar.

1) Drivers; I found its best to stick with the driver that comes with the card, seems AMD release drivers as they update their cards, which doesn't necessarily make them backwards compatible; however, if you want to give it a try you can find them via AMD
    here ----> http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

(NB: On my driver version the 'check for driver updates' via the catalyst Control center 'Welcome' screen, see below, doesn't work as it points to a now defunct web-site)

Completely uninstall existing driver before installing new, unlike Nvidia you cannot install one 'over the top' of the other, and if you try it will not work. (AMD have an uninstall utility here ---> http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx too), see the video guides at bottom of the AMD page.

2) Video settings adjustment, this is all done via a utility installed with the driver called 'Catalyst Control center', you can access this by a 'right' mouse click on your desktop, brings up a box like this; this is 'Welcome' screen, click 'graphics' top left to bring up menu, click '3d'

Attachment 82266

Box changes to this, with a series of 'tabs' across top

Attachment 82267
    I have mine set as follows to work on my old box:

'Standard' tab; check 'use custom settings'
    AA tab ; uncheck 'use application settings'; set 4x AA (Fs9 can't cope with higher than 4x as per tweeks/tips thread)
    AAA tab; Uncheck 'enable adaptive anti-aliasing'
    AA Mode tab; I have set for 'performance' multi-sample AA
    AF tab; uncheck 'use application settings'; set 4x
    AI tab, check 'disable catalyst AI'
    MipMap tab; set for 'quality'

Profiles: You can make a program specific profile aka Nvidia style, access the Options menu, top right

Attachment 82269

Then name and create a profile and application (ie Fs9) to launch it with; personally I've never bothered...

Attachment 82270

Anyway, hope this helps

ttfn

Pete

PS

Here's a quick precis user guide on this ------> http://www.conanhughes.com/2011/10/g...t-control.html webpage

ttfn

Pete