[FS2004] Freeware RAF Gutersloh - PREVIEW - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [FS2004] Freeware RAF Gutersloh - PREVIEW

Now this makes going back to Fs9 worhtwhile.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

woooaawww.... Excellent... ... !!!

Nice screen shots!

Are all the visible aeroplanes static or AI?
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

I look forward to.....
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdflieger View Post
    Nice screen shots!

Are all the visible aeroplanes static or AI?
    All aircrafts are AI, collected from most AI I use with for example RAF Marham, RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge, RAF Brüggen, Bitburg or most of Sqns that visited RAF Gütersloh that era.

RAF Gütersloh will come without any AI package but with introduction which stationed aircrafts you need (Harrier, Chinooks, Pumas).

Because RAF Gütersloh was one of the most frequented airbases at cold war, it is hard to decide what aircrafts the user finally will let appear at "his" Gütersloh. For those of you who have connections (by history or interest) to this airfield, I want to recommend the fantastic visual spotter compendium of this airbase

www.sg-etuo.de (also in english language)

With help of this site (for those who didn't know this site before) you can arrange the traffic close to the reality of the end '80s.

Favourites for RAF Gütersloh british visitors are the excellent Vulcans, Victors, Lightnings, Buccaneers, Canberras and Hunters of John Young, who did a sensational job on this AI aircrafts. After scenery release, we will give you more informations how to use these packages for Gütersloh if desired....

Most of further appropriate AI you will get at MAIW, often with included flightplans that have to be changed a little by datas of ETUO, Gütersloh.

Only some of the aircrafts are static, especially some models inside the Hangars while maintenance (Harrier with jetengine replacement, Lightning and Hunter beside) or the damaged Canberra at the firedump. These models are by courtesy of John Young (Lightning, Canberra, Hunter) and "Gaffer" from UKMIL (Harriers inside Hangar and Gate Guard)....
    Best regards, Manfred.

RAF Gutersloh

Thanks for that info Manschy. The airfield looks like it will support lots of AI aircraft. I look forward to populating it with all the great 50s and 60s Cold War aircraft that have become available recently.

I'm thinking about a trip to Europe later this year after the tourist season and if possible, I'll have to try and visit the real Gutersloh and see Herr Goering's room there.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benjamin Franklin

Later on, we will do some additional packs as well: The Harrier Hides approx 20 miles around RAF Gütersloh for manoeuvres in the fields. Two sites will come, one set of Hides on old concrete road/apron, inside the "Senne Range", formerly a big military training area between Gütersloh, Bielefeld and Paderborn:

...and another site nearby my hometown, where the Harriers actually landed in the late 70s

(here filled with the RAF Gütersloh MAIW AI Harriers GR-7)

Shots are from tests (still with 3rd-party-objects), areas will be redesigned and improved considerably before release (trees, vehicles, GSE....)....
    Best regards, Manfred.

Hi Manfred

the Screenshots looks awesome, as always.

Kind Regards
    Uwe

Currently we are working at the FINAL_BETA, means final small issues will be solved. Don't ask for binding date, we are working with much lifeblood on it :salute:
    Best regards, Manfred.

Just a quick question, is the hides scenery additional to the hides scenery that's already available,
    or a replacement for it?

IIRC we did one field deployment to a motorway service area that was not yet completed, nearby
    @ 1983

Ttfn

Pete

Hi,

that probably was a section of the A33 autobahn, which wasn't completed between Paderborn and Bielefeld back then. There is a service area south of Paderborn which might have been the place in question. While the autobahn has been completed some time after 1990, it still is under construction north of Bielefeld. There is a joke about the A33 being numbered this way because it'll take 33 years to complete it...

Best regards,
    Volker

Definitely wasn't this site ----->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lykFvqPk_Y4
    good film, but commentary is in German

ttfn

Pete

Cracking film Pete
    cheers ian

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Definitely wasn't this site ----->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lykFvqPk_Y4
    good film, but commentary is in German

ttfn

Pete
    Hi,

this locates the 1984 training site to the L793 road near Warendorf, severel steps of size below an Autobahn - a rural state road.

But of course, the point of the Harrier is that it does not need motorway-sized runways.

Best regards,
    Volker

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Just a quick question, is the hides scenery additional to the hides scenery that's already available,
    or a replacement for it?

IIRC we did one field deployment to a motorway service area that was not yet completed, nearby
    @ 1983

Ttfn

Pete
    First, the hides sceneries will be a completely replacement because of much improvent regarding models, textures and performance as well. Furthermore, we will get a better placement to the original sites at that time...

And second, Pete and Volker, please have a look at this sites:

http://sg-etuo.de/Squadrons/No4SquadronGR3?p=3

Scroll a little, then you find a picture of a GR3 taxiing on the A33 indeed, that's been 1985 between Sennelager and Schloss Holte - Stukenbrock.

Translated text (roughly):

"XW768/O Harrier GR3 4Sqn A33 nearby Paderborn-Sennelager (October 1985) Today incredible doing this kind of operations - on the one hand because of the changed state of defence, on the other hand simply because of the today traffic density on german motorways....

Here some other pics (fortunately in english )

http://www.fourfax.co.uk/wpg2?g2_itemId=1198&g2_page=35
    Best regards, Manfred.

Lightnings!!

Some few more:

Best regards, Manfred.

Looking good
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

The scenery will come with John Youngs fantastic AI Harrier GR3 and T4....Thank you so much, John for bringing back so many memories....

Best regards, Manfred.

Hi Boy's and Girl's

a new preview is available - have fun and enjoy.

Take care!

Kind Regard
    Uwe

Soooo Cool! And he wrote the music; Genius :salute:

Saw the Canberra, and there was an F111 visiting from Heyford too.

Happy memories of the Good Ol' Cold War...
    RR

De Vliegende Hollander

Sweeeet!! So looking forward to this. And John Young's new Harriers (I assume that is what is being used in the vid) look really nice.
    Andy

Stunning!

Love the music selection too.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benjamin Franklin

ttfn