Virtavia Mi-24D Hind ... Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Virtavia Mi-24D Hind ... Released

Thanks Dain, nice to the point review. They are falling far behind other military based model designers with load out mangers and droppable weapons. This one of the most iconic gunships on the planet!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

In the screenshots I'm seeing, it looks like the attitude indicators are reversed (roll)....is that the case?

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Let's see, in the America's I think Brazil and Cuba are the major Hind user's? I guess this mean I'll bit and buy.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Let's see, in the America's I think Brazil and Cuba are the major Hind user's? I guess this mean I'll bit and buy.
    Don't forget Venezuela and Peru have Mi-35's.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

But i think the american oneīs are the "-M" version. With different tail rotor, modern avionics and different cannon disposition. Nothing that an artistic repainter view canīt take care of

Attachment 82349
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    All of Cuba's Hinds are the D export version, half are undergoing a upgrade on avionics, engines, and chin Radar/Gun. Cuba uses there famous Carib Camo. They also took delivery of 12 Mil 35's recently hum. Mi24's are operated by the 361Sq, 36th Fighter Reg and known to harass the US base of MUGM NAS when they feel frisky.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Just trying to follow up on this while I consider a purchase....

It looks like (from the screenshots both here and one on the actual Virtavia site) the attitude indicators are reversed in their roll axis. Is this still the case?

Also, I know that these addons apparently do not have in depth systems, but I'm wondering what, of the basic systems, is functional.
    Finally, I'm curious to hear of any outstanding bugs that are present at this time.

It looks good visually, but I want to be a little bit more informed prior to purchase. Yes, I've read their "feature list" on the website.

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    But i think the american oneīs are the "-M" version. With different tail rotor, modern avionics and different cannon disposition. Nothing that an artistic repainter view canīt take care of

Attachment 82349
    Venezuela uses the Mi-35M2, locally known as "Caribe", is a "new" version of the Mi-24, which includes a glass cockpit, and non retractable landing gear, itīs supposed to be as capable as a Mi-28 or at least comparable with it.
    Brazilīs Mi-35Mīs are locally known as AH-2 Sabre and are virtually the same version as the Venezuelan ones, but better equipped sensors wise (meaning the acquired a more complete package per aircraft)
    Peruīs are Mi-25 Hind D (export version of the Mi-24D) and are somewhat a degraded version of the original Hind D, but last year some were refurbished, repaired and upgraded to whatīs know locally as Mi-35P, which is nothing more than an overhaul to existing Mi-25īs, some avionics upgrade (nothing spectacular) and enhanced weapon capability, while not up to par with a "real" Mi-35, they are fairly better than the original Mi-24 Hind D from where they come from.
    Cuba and Nicaragua where the only countries in the Americas and Caribbean that fielded up to date, sames as, the soviet version, Mi-24 Hind Dīs, Sandinista Air Force Hinds where in service up to early 90īs in the past century, when they were sold to Peru for spares and to augment numbers (1 of which was lost during the 1995 war with Ecuador, either to a SA-14 or a Blowpipe MANPADS)
    Best regards
    Prowler

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Just trying to follow up on this while I consider a purchase....

It looks like (from the screenshots both here and one on the actual Virtavia site) the attitude indicators are reversed in their roll axis. Is this still the case? ....
    Not reversed, Russian.
    http://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/W...orizon_Formats

Attachment 82394

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    The screenshot on page two still shows the artificial horizon angled in the wrong direction to the turn. It should either be flat with the miniature aircraft moving, or angled in the direction of the turn. The colored horizon line is slanting opposite of where the actual horizon line is.
    On the screenshots on Virtavia's page, one can clearly see the adi indicating a bank to the left, when the aircraft is tilting right. On a right turn, either the orange miniature plane will show a right bank with a fixed background, or the horizon while angle to the right with a fixed miniature plane.

EDIT: not sure how else to explain...but on their gauge, if the orange miniature airplane symbol is doing what their brown and blue horizon background is doing right now, and the background is doing what the orange symbol is currently doing, then they would have it right. Try flight with no visual references to see what I mean.
    Look at the turn at around 11:30 and later in this video to see what I mean, and compare it with the screenshots provided:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JDyQn0NmOY

Blog Entries
    i can kinda see what he's saying though. in at least one way the russian artificial horizon is much more accurate than the americans because the horizon line shows the bank of the turn while the aircraft symbol shows the bank of the aircraft in relation to that turn.
    Looking at the image on page two, it took a moment, but the big rectangular box that appears to be a horizon line on the top right of the panel i believe is a moving map or gps of some sort.. Dont know.. Just bought the plane, will let you know..
    Pam

Yep, the big moving map is up there on the right. I'm talking about the center ADI and its backup to the lower right. I don't know how else to explain it...I understand the competing concepts of ADI representation, but regardless, it's reversed. On the virtavia page, the aircraft in one of the forward looking cockpit shots is shown in a right bank. The right side of the miniature airplane should be lower in the brown area. The horizon line should also be level with the view out the window. On the image in question, the LEFT side of the miniature plane is shown lower, while in a right bank, and the horizon line is tilted in the opposite direction to the view out the window of the actual horizon.
    I don't know how to explain it..

Blog Entries
    yeahhh, ok, this is weird..
    Since the aircraft remains in the same position relative to the gauge, the aircraft synbol does not move, but remains fixed to the aircrafts axial plane ( cant think of the correct terminology. sorry ). But whats weird is that the horizon line as we have become accustomed to it, shows the bank angle of the aircraft in relation too that above mentioned axial plane instead of in relationship to the horizon. This gauge does not fit with either of the supplied philosophies provided above. Its more like something out of a P-51 or 61 from world war two, painted over to look new.

Attachment 82425

And as you can see in that screenshot, Pam....more ground is visible out the window on the left...while on the ADI gauges, more ground (brown) is visible on the right. It's backwards.

Blog Entries
    IIIIii dont know.. I spent some time in simulators for the bell jet ranger and wasnt ever able to even get it off the ground without crashing. I can fly this thing.. Now, I really dont think my chopper piloting skills have improved over the years, but who knows.. its still a fun bird to fly..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    And as you can see in that screenshot, Pam....more ground is visible out the window on the left...while on the ADI gauges, more ground (brown) is visible on the right. It's backwards.
    backwards yes, but more importantly the wrong gauge.. let me pull up the P-61 as an example.. I believe it has a similar gauge.
    Yup same gauge, just without the pretty colors and its backwards.. Someone miss a minus sign??? I mean, unless someone can show evidence that this gauge actually exists, i'm more likely to take it as an insult not only to the peoples of the countries represented, but the members of this community as well.. I know how meticulous Robert has been with the P-61 and i know his gauge is right.. So that leaves the conclusion that the attitude gauge in the mil-24 is backwards.. hopefully there'll be an update correcting this..

Attachment 82426

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Great example Dain. thank you. although i agree that with the modified WWII gauge in the MI-24 displays backwards in relation to what it should be showing, I really like the russian gauge above as it gives you actual bank angle, and the effective bank angle ( again, i'm being weak on terminology. perhaps vectored bank angle?) Its much more exacting.
    Sadly though, that is not what we're seeing in the hind..

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Great example Dain. thank you. although i agree that with the modified WWII gauge in the MI-24 displays backwards in relation to what it should be showing, I really like the russian gauge above as it gives you actual bank angle, and the effective bank angle ( again, i'm being weak on terminology. perhaps vectored bank angle?) Its much more exacting.
    Sadly though, that is not what we're seeing in the hind..
    You're welcome.
    Just passing along what the manual stated.
    Only explanation I could give, but I agree with you and Sean.
    Seems like a lot of gauges don't work as they should in this one.
    The engine RPM gauge just stays pegged at 100% for example.
    The blade AOA gauge is a nice thought, but sadly not synced properly either, IMHO.

It is quite an easy flyer.
    It's nice for long NOE flights.

Excellent repaints, zsoltquack!

Blog Entries
    I agree with Dain Zolt.. Those paints look really good.. please do more

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post

This is repaint available?
    And what scenery of background?

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

the scenery is Damascus OS63 + OSDI. Is never be finished, so never be uploaded, you can try it here https://www.box.com/s/we2pkp7yrog3npqd0v3e

The Hind paint has been updated

And another one "Brazilian" is coming

Attachment 82483

Members who have read this thread: 2