Virtavia B-45
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtavia B-45

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs

Virtavia B-45

Looks like some work has begun....

http://www.virtavia.com/gallery_B-45.html

FINALLY!!!! I've wanted one of these for so long. Now if I could also get a 1/48 scale kit from the model makers that would be even better. I don't need another model kit of a 109!!!

They had an article on this in Airpower Review I think. The author referred to it as the first stealth bomber, because nobody seems to remember it.

NICE........:mixedsmi:

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Very nice! My first Virtavia ( as opposed to Alphasim ) purchase, I think.

FYI, VC pics posted there now.

Thanks. I like the internal structure, but as far as the pilot's panel is concerned, I'll reassure myself for now with ' Don't worry, its WIP'. I hope it will eventually match the standards of Milviz and Razbam.

Quote Originally Posted by Geomitrak View Post
    Thanks. I like the internal structure, but as far as the pilot's panel is concerned, I'll reassure myself for now with ' Don't worry, its WIP'. I hope it will eventually match the standards of Milviz and Razbam.
    I doubt it will meet the others standards, but I don't mind, because I don't know anyone else that would take on a B-45.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    I doubt it will meet the others standards, but I don't mind, because I don't know anyone else that would take on a B-45.
    Very true. The unusual subjects are what made Alphasim.
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Very true. The unusual subjects are what made Alphasim.
    :ernae:
    Agreed; that aspect of Alphasim is very sorely missed. I'll get this Tornado whatever, just to show the love.

The VC looks like an FS9 portover. Not up to today's standards. The skins look excellent. But more and more the new sims are raising the bar on the VC. One has to wonder how much market there is for a B-45. A much more important aircraft, the B-58 in native FSX, is still missing.

d

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    The VC looks like an FS9 portover. Not up to today's standards. The skins look excellent. But more and more the new sims are raising the bar on the VC. One has to wonder how much market there is for a B-45. A much more important aircraft, the B-58 in native FSX, is still missing.

d
    I agree, Alphasim could always be relied upon to come up with interesting unusual offerings (the F-89 for instance). But the Tornado is a bit too left-field for my tastes. Last I heard, the B-58 was still being worked on, though how far it's got I don't know.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    I agree, Alphasim could always be relied upon to come up with interesting unusual offerings (the F-89 for instance). But the Tornado is a bit too left-field for my tastes. Last I heard, the B-58 was still being worked on, though how far it's got I don't know.

DaveQ
    David Bushell is still working on the FSX B-58, when it is ready I guess it will be sold under his own Glowing Heat brand thru vendors like FS Pilot Shop.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    One has to wonder how much market there is for a B-45. A much more important aircraft, the B-58 in native FSX, is still missing.
    'Important' is fine, but 'unusual' and 'neglected' have their own virtues too.

I've always found transitional aircraft, created during major changes in design and technology, interesting. The B-45 is a classic in that regard.

B-45 !... a sure buy!

Wow!...no need to try and sell me on this one..A B-45 is a 'for sure' buy...!It's Cold War Hardware and
    that's good enough for me. Now as for the following quote.....
    "'Important' is fine, but 'unusual' and 'neglected' have their own virtues too".
    If one wants something Important, Unusual and Neglected...what about the
    Soviet YAK-28 Brewer-Firebar-Maestro Twin-Engined series to go along with
    the B-45.?? Never come across a Yak-28, going all the way back to my FS95 days.
    Sure would be a treat.."like extra froth on top of a dark Stout.!"

Fly High...Punch Holes in the Sky !
    Walt

Totally agree. a sure buy for me too!

The more "Cold War-era" the better. The whole RB-45 experience out of Sculthorpe, partner with RAF, pre-Aquatone (CIA U2) was always intriguing. After all, maybe, just maybe, we could see a B-52B to B-52F follow on, with a KC-135A thrown in for good measure, down the road. (grew up watching unpainted planes!)

But that is probably just a FSX-dream....

Bill

Blog Entries
    My take:

"Important", in the context of a hobby subject, is as futile a term as it is subjective. No one is debating this aircraft's historical or military significance. If and how the developer chooses to monetise the business case for the plane's market success is their purvue - not mine. I view the Alabeo GeeBee and Flying Stations Gull in a similar light. I'll never buy them, since they're not my personal cup of tea. But the fact that someone out there is thrilled to bits because their funny little dream plane finally got moddelled - reflects the kind of passion and curiousity that this hobby needs more of.

Personally, I don't have a single shred of personal interest in the B-45 - yet, it is just that - my personal inclination. Nevertheless, rather than rue the fact that the planes to my personal fancy are not being modelled (and it happens that one of those is the Hustler), I'm instead happy to give kudos to any developer who doesn't decide to model yet another F-18, yet another F-15, yet another Boeing airliner, or yet another Spitire, etc.

Why? Because it is from the developers of these "oddball" aircraft from whom I one day stand a chance to one day see planes I do like, even if this particular model doesn't happen to be one of them.

So bravo - bring it on, and others like it, Virtavia.

DL

PS - Walt, yes - like you, I'd be over the moon with a Yak-28R - with that honkin' big pointy glazed nose ... I certainly won't bet on it - but it's certainly on the dream list!!

One and only B-45 !

ICYCLE !

..bit of a follow on....but saw a B-45 (RB-45?) once back in 1958-59 (?) parked in a very lonely spot at Ramstein AFB Germany. Actually thought it may have been a decoy or slated for Fire-fighting duties at the time as it looked so forlorn. .....had to look it up to make an I.D. Things were advancing so quickly that the B-45 had a very short production and service life. That's what made the Cold-War Era so interesting...Av-Tech was advancing so fast, no sooner get operational and it's replacement was rolling out of the factory hangers.

Fly high..Punch Holes in the Sky !
    Walt

Blog Entries
    Paul Lashmar wrote a great book on the early Cold War recce flights from the UK:

http://www.amazon.ca/Spyflights-Cold.../dp/0750919701

Surprisingly detailed coverage of operatoins rarely discussed, likely due to the overwhelming weight of the the documentation of the U-2 and SR-71 operations that would follow. It places into perspective the reality that Cold War spy flights didn't start with Gary Powers.

DL

B-45 is Out.

Benn flying the RB-45C version around. Seems to be without serius vices. VC is pretty basic, b ut overall have had fun with it..

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by icycle View Post
    B-45 is Out.

Benn flying the RB-45C version around. Seems to be without serius vices. VC is pretty basic, b ut overall have had fun with it..

Bill
    VC is the only turn off for me based on the screenies. There sure are lot of different crew positions etc. modeled which is a huge positive, but otherwise it looks pretty "FS9" resembling their old and recently republished B-36. How are the systems?

icycle ... who's selling it? I didn't see it at two of my favorite haunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kestell View Post
    icycle ... who's selling it? I didn't see it at two of my favorite haunts.
    I see it at Simmarket (buying now).

yup.

Simmarket. Not a pretty VC, but that is very secondary to me. Not a super-intense "fly it by the manual" type of aircraft. So if that is your desire, might be a letdown. I'm just enjoying touring around the UK with it...

I'm satisfied thus far.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    My take:

"Important", in the context of a hobby subject, is as futile a term as it is subjective. No one is debating this aircraft's historical or military significance. If and how the developer chooses to monetise the business case for the plane's market success is their purvue - not mine. I view the Alabeo GeeBee and Flying Stations Gull in a similar light. I'll never buy them, since they're not my personal cup of tea. But the fact that someone out there is thrilled to bits because their funny little dream plane finally got moddelled - reflects the kind of passion and curiousity that this hobby needs more of.

Personally, I don't have a single shred of personal interest in the B-45 - yet, it is just that - my personal inclination. Nevertheless, rather than rue the fact that the planes to my personal fancy are not being modelled (and it happens that one of those is the Hustler), I'm instead happy to give kudos to any developer who doesn't decide to model yet another F-18, yet another F-15, yet another Boeing airliner, or yet another Spitire, etc.

Why? Because it is from the developers of these "oddball" aircraft from whom I one day stand a chance to one day see planes I do like, even if this particular model doesn't happen to be one of them.

So bravo - bring it on, and others like it, Virtavia.

DL

PS - Walt, yes - like you, I'd be over the moon with a Yak-28R - with that honkin' big pointy glazed nose ... I certainly won't bet on it - but it's certainly on the dream list!!
    Oh please, we need another 737.