Clawson's SB2U joint conversion update - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Clawson's SB2U joint conversion update

Blog Entries

SB2U3 Vindicator PANEL

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I'll take any thing for the panels at this point. I didn't have much to go on. A pic from SB2U-2 1938 and from the SB2U-2 rebuilt in the 90s. Both were low res pics.
    Hi Allen, here is a zip with all the files (except gauges wich are standard CFS2's) of the panel I made for your SB2U3 Vindicator. You can use and include them as you want in your project.
    Attachment 83094

Cheers

Blog Entries

Midway scenery

Quote Originally Posted by bobhegf View Post
    A small Note About Midway. Eastern Island was the main Island and sand island secondary. There was only one hanger on Sand Island and one on Eastern Island. The funny thing is that the IJN forces also got the PX which was on Eastern Island thinking it was also a hanger.Midway was told to dig underground living spaces as well as storage ,cooking and hospital spaces underground which they did. They also dug revetments for the aircraft slanted about 10ft down.
    I know that.
    I made my own lay out a long time ago using the very good Otis "midway42" scenery basis. I added a lot of infrastuctures, aircrafts, ships, etc ... for the fun of it.
    The geographic is historical, not the buildings installation... and my GLS for the islands is "heavy" and need a "strong" computer and video card ...
    Stuart277 made also a very good scenery using the Otis basis, and you can find it at SOH

The planels work fine and look good! I did some clean/editing up of the bmps and some gauges swaping.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Blog Entries

Panel

The planels work fine and look good! I did some clean/editing up of the bmps and some gauges swaping.
    Glad you find it good!
    I 'd like to see the cleanning/editing jobs you made on it.
    When are you going to upload the final version ?

Cheers

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    Quote Originally Posted by beepee View Post
    Hi Allen, here is a zip with all the files (except gauges wich are standard CFS2's) of the panel I made for your SB2U3 Vindicator. You can use and include them as you want in your project.
    Attachment 83094

Cheers
    Great 2d panel, Beepee!

Thank you very much!
    KH
    :ernae:

Meaning of before my signature: another 35 cm. snowfall here between sunday night and yesterday.......
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

A little off topic

KH,

I'm glad that you are finally getting some snow. I'll bet that the Tabiano Castle just up the road from you looks wonderful covered in white stuff!

Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

KH,
    Almost 14 inches would be a good snowfall even by Chicago standards! Be safe and have fun digging out.

Still a little off topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdflieger View Post
    KH,

I'm glad that you are finally getting some snow. I'll bet that the Tabiano Castle just up the road from you looks wonderful covered in white stuff!

Finally getting some snow?

I love your sense of humor Jagd, :d as this was the eighth snowfall matching or exceeding a foot of snow since the first one we had a week before Christmas! Yes, the medieval settlement up the hill from me looks always very romantic under a mantle of snow, but let me tell you it looks nice in summer, too.

I know we cannot compete with New England or other parts of the United States, yet my back is telling me loud and clear springtime will never arrive anytime soon this year! Next fall I'll have to buy a new snow shovel, my old one is so worn out it feels like shoveling with a tablespoon. If I only could find one that's easy on my back too I'll be very glad...

Fortunately, by this time of the year the sunlight is already strong and yesterday we had a splendid, warm day. By this morning the snow cover was almost 90% gone.

Cheers!
    KH

Kelti;

I found the perfect snow shovel several years ago after we had several foot-deep snow storms in a row and each one had to be shoveled before I had to report to work. It is called a Toro snowblower!!!!!

BTW; HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! (did you quit counting yet?)

I just uploaded the SB2U-3!

I'm also working on a SB2U-1. Rate of climb is way to high right now...

Attachment 83305

I just uploaded the SB2U-3!

I'm also working on a SB2U-1. Rate of climb is way to high right now...

Attachment 83305
    as in the A6M3 you've done, it lacks join the queue with the antenna with cable (wire)

Look the Paul Clawson's original model, or the stock A6M2 or A6M5 for your A6M3.They have not wire

Attachment 83310

I saw that too. The wires didn't import right. I can see the wires in Wireframe mode but in Smoothing + Highlight mode the wires is not visable like in CFS2. I was going to look into why the wires wasn't working early on but forgot about..

I saw that too. The wires didn't import right. I can see the wires in Wireframe mode but in Smoothing + Highlight mode the wires is not visable like in CFS2. I was going to look into why the wires wasn't working early on but forgot about..

Can you add a wire for this models?gives me a feeling of as if something is missing them when he saw them

Thank you Allen, KH and others involved with this overhaul project. :salute: If my original repaint of Paul's plane provided any interest or motivation to get this done, I guess I've contributed a little.

Question LG gauge not working

Allen,

in my SB2U 2d panel the stock F4F landing gear gauge does not work, but the undercarriage operates normally. I tried replacing it with different gauges/lights, none works. Any idea what could cause the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Fibber
    BTW; HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! (did you quit counting yet?)
    Thanks Fibber! I did quit....I had to check the total count in my profile to the left, here, because my mind refused to do it!

Cheers!
    KH

Members who have read this thread: 1