The Gee Bee Z is Out!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Gee Bee Z is Out!

Blog Entries
    the plane is gorgeous. A beautiful rendition of a legendary icon.. i love it.. but just for fun, is there a livery for the movie "Rocketeer" that comes with it???

Man those guys make beautiful airplanes!Thanks for posting.

Does anyone know if Mr. Stolle did the flight model for this one?

The registration key they gave me isn't working . I'm just waiting to hear what the fix is as I can't wait to fly it.

Well this bites. Purchased, downloaded, software will not accept installation key and now it say's I have no more downloads. Off to Support.

Hi guys
    had the same problem with my pawnee I got
    what you have to do is copy the key into notepad
    then copy and paste into your download
    hope this helps

John

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    Hi guys
    had the same problem with my pawnee I got
    what you have to do is copy the key into notepad
    then copy and paste into your download
    hope this helps

John
    Thanks for the tip. But I tried that and it didn't work. I'm sure this will be corrected soon, since it isn't an isolated case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Thanks for the tip. But I tried that and it didn't work. I'm sure this will be corrected soon, since it isn't an isolated case.
    OK, hmmmm, a global problem with the keys. I can wait. In the meantime, I do not want to see any screenshots from this group!!!

Same problem saying invalid serial number
    Sent an email
    And I too have no more downloads

Rick

EDIT:
    Tried the suggestion in post #7-no joy it did not work
    Thanks anyway John!

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

I just received the e-mail from them. It's fixed and the new key worked. Time to go fly.

Edit: Note, I had sent them an e-mail regarding this issue. If you didn't, you may just want to log into your account there and see if you have a new key as they said that would work for me as well.

Ohhhhh Schmmmmmmi................dt, BOUNCE.... buggered on the 1st landing landing.

Excellent support!

New key provided and that did the trick!
    Thank you Alabeo for great aircraft and fantastic customer support:salute:

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Well I've got to say this plane put a bigger smile on my face and made me laugh more than any other addon to date. Absolutely beautiful modeling and texture work, and the flight model is slippery as can be. Lots and lots of fun.

I'd rather not talk about my first "landing" though.

EDIT: Or my second...

OMG!

I've died and gone to Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    I've died and gone to Heaven!
    Did you land yet?

Third time's a charm. I guess it pays to read and follow those annoying instructions that pop up when you select the plane.

Where are the extra textures? The ones painted like modern racers?

My take-offs aren't so good. It's partly due to my controller, which is very stiff, so it isn't very good with finesse, but I've had instances where I take off and the airplane begins pitching uncontrollably, like a PIO, only I'm not moving the stick.

My landings have been pretty good. I don't sideslip it in, I land it like an F4U Corsair on a carrier, with a curved approach then straightening out just before touch down.

It's far and away one of the best looking models I've ever seen in FS and is a bundle of fun!!!!

another alabeo gemstone...love the Golden Age machines
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

What a beautiful model, and the materials are stunning! Being a stickler for authenticity, I probably couldn't fly it much with any paint scheme other than the historically correct yellow/black 'Z' scheme, but I'm surprised as to just how good it looks with the GeeBee R2 inspired colors applied to it.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    What a beautiful model, and the materials are stunning! Being a stickler for authenticity, I probably couldn't fly it much with any paint scheme other than the historically correct yellow/black 'Z' scheme, but I'm surprised as to just how good it looks with the GeeBee R2 inspired colors applied to it.
    I know where you're coming from;
    However, in multiplayer, it will be good to have choices!

So far...so fun...
    We'll have to study up before talking about accuracy.

JT
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Gorgeous model, but gotta say it is the scariest damn thing I have ever flown in FS!

After four go-arounds I was happy enough to put it down, on the runway and got it stopped too!

Attachment 81388
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitehawk View Post
    Gorgeous model, but gotta say it is the scariest damn thing I have ever flown in FS!

After four go-arounds I was happy enough to put it down, on the runway and got it stopped too!
    That sounds about right.. The Gee Bee is another one of those most dangerous to fly planes in history..
    Back in 1999 or 2000 i was working as ground safety at the watsonville airshow when a guy lost control of his GeeBee and crashed.. it was not a happy day at the airport..

Members who have read this thread: 0