2013 Around-The-World Race OFFICIAL THREAD - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011

Thread: 2013 Around-The-World Race OFFICIAL THREAD

Congratulations on finishing the race. You guys are a great group of pilots and worthy competitors! :ernae:

Blog Entries
    HEY GUYS I HAVE MONITORED THE RACE DAILY VERY CAREFULLY AND IT IS TOUGH WHEN YOU HAVE COMPUTER SETBACKS OR JUST MISTAKES IN GENERAL, BUT YOU ARE TO BE COMMENDED! IT BECAME OBVIOUS THAT YOU WERE NOT GOING TO FINISH FIRST BUT YOU NEVER GAVE UP! YOU NEVER SAID DIE, AND MOST OF YOU GUYS PROBABLY DIDN'T SLEEP MUCH...BRAVO! I WANTED TO RACE THIS YEAR BUT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY SOH LIFE I DIDN'T HAVE A COMPUTER THAT WOULD CARRY THE RACE DEPENDABLY! IT IS IMPORTANT TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A COMPUTER THAT IS DEPENDABLE. CONGRATS TO ALL THE PARTICIPATING FORUM AND PILOTS, TO AVSIM FOR WHAT SEEMS LIKE A NEAR-PERFECT RACE, AND TO SOH ESPECIALLY FOR THEIR ESPIRIT' DE CORPS!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Excellent race team SOH. It was a fabulous race. Sorry Murphy hit you this year. Murphy nearly killed us this year a couple times as we had some fatal errors crop up for a few of us, only one caused a complete leg restart out of Greece.

Great race

Congratulations for a great, determined race.
    Sorry to hear Mr. Murphy visit you several times (though happy to have him out of our place at these times ).
    Wish you better luck next year, and looking forward to fly against you again.

But in the meantime looking forward to fly with you ! When's the next SOH event ?

Quote Originally Posted by apollosmith View Post
    Excellent race guys! I was starting to wonder if some of your pilots ever sleep. Excellent flying all around. It's clear that any team has the talent and ability to win any race.
    Yes we do on the couch right by the computer for 4 days

Well that is the way it has been for the last few years. This year I was unavailable until day two.

I still lost a lot of sleep and rather liked it.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Congratulations on a superbly run race! Kudos for hanging in there with lack of wingmen at times and the occasional bite from Mr.Murphy. If he wouldn't have shown up the outcome may have been much different.

Roman

Members who have read this thread: 4