Well, I guess there is a first time for everything.

I have a new computer running Windows 8, and have reinstalled FS 2004. All is well, except now I noticed that my headings are off by 20 degrees on my compasses, autopilots, etc.

Believe it or not, this has been a trying journey up to this post. I'm not going to bore you with the details, but will mentioned that the OS was (or appears) to have been toasted by a virus two days ago so everything got a full reinstall. I have a full copy of all my folders on an external drive and, as I've done in the past, copied them over a fresh FS9 install. A couple aircraft and utilities were reinstalled to register them on the computer, and everything works fine... except for the compass headings.

I've verified this with a couple aircraft, and started the sim with a fresh FS9.cfg file so I suspect that something else got corrupted. But not sure what.

Any ideas on what to look for? Would this be a *.dll or something else since its affecting the compass headings in all the aircraft I load.

Thanks in advance. I sure need to help on this one as I am not looking forward to a complete reinstall. Yuck.

--WH