Floyd Bennett Field CGAS

Thread: Floyd Bennett Field CGAS

Floyd Bennett Field CGAS

Find at Flightsim.com Floyd Bennett Field (CGAS) by Jim Dhaenens. Page down. Get it HERE!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thank you for the heads up, Tom, and thank you Jim for another great reproduction of a historic airfield!

BTW, Jim, have you considered possibly recreating NAS Mustin Field?

Thanks for the HU! This is the quality of airfield I would've killed for on my old FS9 Golden Wings install.

BTW, Jim, have you considered possibly recreating NAS Mustin Field?
    +1. I don't think Mustin has ever been done in the sim, but I'd love to see it!
    -Mark

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Finally a Classic historical CGAS restored to FSX. Thank you Jim for releasing. This will go good with your KNGP, Art's KOPF and KMOB and Mocat's Diner Key CGAS.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Looks very good
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Is this a update or just a re-release??? I have the original that was put out a few years ago.

A Re-release.

Jim

Love the internal detail in the hangars and transparent windows! Great work!

Also here thanks a lot really.Time to reactivate the Orion's and Vultee's or the 247

And notoriously bad I dare to forward 2 more idea's to have a serious equivalent on the west coast
    GCAT&KBUR where I can help with some(lot) material's

Treasure island at the intl.exebition

Attachment 80923Attachment 80928Attachment 80930Attachment 80929

Best regards

Roland

Man, I got to tell you that I love modelling those old buildings. I have pictures of when Miami Airport used to be just an open tower and a Curtis Wright Flying Service Hangar. I currently have a hanger from Agawam, MA on the drawing board. The brickwork is so intricate that I've already used my 64k vertices and am having to start on another material. It's all self-shadowed as well, but when you only have two buildings on the airport, who cares?

When I do the historic airports, I try to stay away from airports currently in use which is why places like Agawam and Mustin are such good candidates. Thanks all for tyhe kind words.

PS Try Floyd Bennett at night.

Jim

Jim, while serving in the NYPD for 10 years our aviation hangars were in the back where the coast guard buildings are and our drivers training was back there as well so I spent a lot of time there. You nailed it. Great job.

PS I know its the historic version of Floyd Bennett but for years the hangars stayed up and now they house two ice rinks, soccer fields etc.

When I was stationed at NAS Willow Grove in the mid '70s, we went to Floyd Bennett to get some surplus avionics equipment to use at AIMD WilGro. I took a walk to the Navy Reserve hangar and discovered an old F4F Wildcat sitting on two flat tires. It was is real good shape...needed a new paint job, but not much else. Never did find out who owned it. Ah well, now Willow Grove is no more.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Pearl Harbor Project developer
    Wow... no one brings hangars to life like Jim. I half expect to find birds nesting in the rafters. Excellent work and thank you for sharing your talent with us.
    crashAZ- Virtual Navy
    [SIGPIC]http://www.sim-outhouse.net/images/rtwr2013/rtwr2013_sm.png[/SIGPIC]