A Big Thank You from the Staff

Thread: A Big Thank You from the Staff

A Big Thank You from the Staff

Just a word from the staff. Ickie posted a “thank you” note at the end of the fund drive, but we thought it would be good to stress how much we appreciate all those who donated. This site could not exist without your support, period. To those who have not donated, we fully understand that many members here either cannot donate, for reasons that are their own, or contribute in other important ways, such as building freeware aircraft and scenery for us to enjoy. Once again, THANK YOU!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

We all benefit; Without the donations we would not have this great website to come hang out at....
    Matt

Although I have great difficulty with English, with all that Sim-outhouse taught me and gave me, thank you to this site to be for all the fans of flight simulation.

we should all be thanking you guys

what a great job is done here from top to bottomus
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I'm very happy goal was met. Will user names go back to one color now? Just wondering, cause we are all one SOH family.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Quote Originally Posted by jojohnson9 View Post
    I'm very happy goal was met. Will user names go back to one color now? Just wondering, cause we are all one SOH family.
    I was hoping for an answer to my question....still wondering.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

I was hoping for an answer to my question....still wondering.
    Needs to be discussed with the staff, expect it will be sorted soon enough.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The user group colors have been in place for quite a few years now. It has never been a problem before and I don't see why it would be now.

It does not and can not place value on a given member anymore than post count, user title, or location can.

The value of a member is displayed in how she/he responds to a post or what kind of posts he/she creates.

A member who gives nothing monetarily but provides intelligent accurate answers to other users questions is more valuable than the member who donates monetarily but only seeks to stir the pot and cause controversy and arguing amongst the masses.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    The user group colors have been in place for quite a few years now. It has never been a problem before and I don't see why it would be now.

It does not and can not place value on a given member anymore than post count, user title, or location can.

The value of a member is displayed in how she/he responds to a post or what kind of posts he/she creates.

A member who gives nothing monetarily but provides intelligent accurate answers to other users questions is more valuable than the member who donates monetarily but only seeks to stir the pot and cause controversy and arguing amongst the masses.
    I wish I had posted my current thoughts prior to this post, but I was clearing about five feet of snow that had drifted into my driveway during our recent blizzard.
    I believe the quoted post indicates motives that certainly do not exist. I have never tried to "stir the pot and cause controversy and arguing among the masses". Nor am I trying now with my response to this harsh and unfounded accusation. Enough of that.
    Now for my current thoughts. I realize that I was the only one who thought going back to one color was needed. So, obviously, no issue exists that needs to be discussed by the staff or anyone else. So, to the Staff, please forget I asked .... I like my name in red.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

I wish I had posted my current thoughts prior to this post, but I was clearing about five feet of snow that had drifted into my driveway during our recent blizzard.
    I believe the quoted post indicates motives that certainly do not exist. I have never tried to "stir the pot and cause controversy and arguing among the masses". Nor am I trying now with my response to this harsh and unfounded accusation. Enough of that.
    Now for my current thoughts. I realize that I was the only one who thought going back to one color was needed. So, obviously, no issue exists that needs to be discussed by the staff or anyone else. So, to the Staff, please forget I asked .... I like my name in red.
    Jo you never stirred the pot. I understand your desire to turn all members back to one colour but it is difficult to change the programs involved in differentiating between charter and non-charter members so we will leave it as it is, remembering that some members give in other ways.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

John that was not directed at you. Its just the plain truth that every forum has those members who get enjoyment out of stiring the pot.

Its something as a moderator or admin that you have to deal with every day.

My point is still that a members value comes from how they conduct themselves.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Jo you never stirred the pot. I understand your desire to turn all members back to one colour but it is difficult to change the programs involved in differentiating between charter and non-charter members so we will leave it as it is, remembering that some members give in other ways.
    Thanks, Roger, for the information. I didn't realize colors designated charter and non-charter. I'll certainly be staying red in future bandwidth drives.
    John
    ATC USN Ret

Members who have read this thread: 0