Area 51 Simulations B-2 Spirit Released!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Area 51 Simulations B-2 Spirit Released!

Area 51 Simulations B-2 Spirit Released!

http://www.area51sim.com/spirit.html

I just bought it...haven't installed it as yet, but they're a good group who like all Developers, need our continued support!

Well done guys... looking forward to having a fly..

Regards

David.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thx, good info. VC isnt bad. How about FM?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Not bad, feels heavy enough, but I've not seen a B2 in action in real life, so I wouldn't be a reliable witness..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do you have the option to have the ailerons open and closed for lateral stability? I've heard that unless it's flying a live combat mission, the ailerons are always in an open state and never fully closed, so that its actual radar signature cannot be determined in flight. While on missions they will only be opened when command inputs are made that require them. Just curious? I'm sure those "in the know" will not be able to comment, therefore it will remain a moot point, but it does make sense to me...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Not bad, feels heavy enough, but I've not seen a B2 in action in real life, so I wouldn't be a reliable witness..
    David,
    I asked because FM of C-17 was terrible (as I remember it was impossible to fly at 10.000 m (33000 ft), near too same problem exists in U-2 - impossible to fly as real U-2 Flight Level).
    But model 3D looks very well here.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Cool airplane, taken this summer at JB Lewis-McChord. They wouldn't give me any stick time though, so I can't comment on the accuracy of the flight model.

I just took a look at some of their screenshots of the details. The VC looks like an update of the old Alphasim aircraft. Much nicer, but nearly the same gauges/displays. The ejection seats are completely wrong. It should be an ACES II, but looks to be a SJU-5 from the F/A-18.

However, the outside looks amazing! I've seen a fair share of B-2s from various angles and so I'd like to see how the A/R door operates and other moveable panels/doors.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

@JohnC,

I was also there this past summer, and took almost the exact same photo! It was a great airshow. Wish it was a yearly thing instead of every other year!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Do you have the option to have the ailerons open and closed for lateral stability? I've heard that unless it's flying a live combat mission, the ailerons are always in an open state and never fully closed, so that its actual radar signature cannot be determined in flight. While on missions they will only be opened when command inputs are made that require them. Just curious? I'm sure those "in the know" will not be able to comment, therefore it will remain a moot point, but it does make sense to me...
    The split ailerons control yaw and are usually a little open in cruising flight for stability and are also used for hard maneuvering reasons. However, as you alluded to, when it goes into "stealth" mode, the ailerons close completely and differential thrust from the engines controls yaw. But when it's in full stealth mode, it obviously has more limited maneuvering capability.

Also, it shouldn't feel heavy like a B-52. In fact, it's handling characteristics have been compared more to those of a fighter. Which makes it easier to fly in NOE flight and also why it uses a joystick. There are also some external modeling errors, such as being able to see the fan faces from in front and slightly up. They have the engines too high in the wing without enough serpentine in the inlet duct. But I'm nitpicking. Overall I think it looks quite nice and it's the best B-2 we have for FSX.

Does it have $30 worth of value? Or is it more a $19.95? I guess it does not matter if you really like it. The old Alphasim model is now free.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Does it have $30 worth of value? Or is it more a $19.95? I guess it does not matter if you really like it. The old Alphasim model is now free.
    It's worth what you are willing to pay and I don't mind paying US$29.95 for an interesting subject that is not another P-51D/F-15/F-14/F-86 or duplication of the same etc.
    That alone does it for me, a developer who goes down a different route will get my support and encouragement every time.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I've got it and I've got to say, it looks the part at night, thats all!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Got it, Love it.

Thanks Smudge for the heads up.

Nice graphics.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Cool airplane, taken this summer at JB Lewis-McChord. They wouldn't give me any stick time though, so I can't comment on the accuracy of the flight model.

When I saw the picture, for some seconds I thought "Wow they really did a great job with the exterior model, look at these materials, Carenado stuff !! The clouds are a bit blurry though...".
    Then I read the text and understood it was a real picture

Can somebody snap a pic of the cockpit?

I'm glad someone has made a B-2 and may be tempted to buy at some stage.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Shylock View Post
    Can somebody snap a pic of the cockpit?
    Their website has screenshots of the vc.
    I pass gas!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Here are some I just shot.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Nice "glass" effect!

Certainly a beautiful model !!!!

NC

They have released a fix for the ACES II seats of the B-2: http://www.area51sim.com/spirit.html

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

What about the sounds?
    Custom sound set?
    Thanks
    Michael

A stunner of a last shot DVJ.

Members who have read this thread: 1