xdp file

Thread: xdp file

xdp file

hi,
    in the aircraft xdp file, what is the general allegience ?? sometimes it s 0 sometimes it s 1...
    :help:

Wow, great question...Does anyone know? My BF 109 is 0 and my FW 190 is 1...hmmm.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cargomann View Post
    hi,
    in the aircraft xdp file, what is the general allegience ?? sometimes it s 0 sometimes it s 1...
    Good question. I've noticed that too. There was a explination for that some time ago, :faint:but I forgot it.
    CHEERS

mmmhhh... I have some troubles with the bf109g6 but I don't find the reason...

what kinds of trouble ??? and in which install ???ETO,,,????

R
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]MEIN ERLA...ist beim mutti!!!

all, I don't know what happens. everytime I flew one bf109g6, the next time I want to load the game again it crashed
    do someone get this ? ETO one.

SOH-CM-2020

Aircraft Crash Issues

all, I don't know what happens. everytime I flew one bf109g6, the next time I want to load the game again it crashed
    Hi Cargomann,
    Usually if you are having problems with an aircraft, it is because you are missing one of the auxiliary files that is needed for the aircraft to appear successfully in an instal.
    An aircraft needs the accessories it was designed with - noseart files, weapons files, guns files, pylons files and ALL necessary shared files, to appear. (Have I forgotten any files? :wave

I recommend downloading CaGen 1-1.xls from here at SOH. It has the ability to check an aircraft to see if necessary weapon and pylon files are installed. I don't think it can check for shared files however [edit - yes it can check for required cockpit files]. But it can also check ALL aircraft in an install, with the click of one button. This saves a lot of time and heartache.

Only thing is, CaGen needs MS Excel or derivative.

HTH,

Sounds like you might be missing the sound file for that particular bf109g6.

Game Rig(Nalu): AMD 4800+ 64x2, Asus A8N-SLI Premium, Silverstone 560W, 1Gx4 Corsair Twin2048, 2x Asus EN7900GTX SLI, 4xWD 74G 10Krpm Sata II RAID0, Audigy 4, Trackir4, ch pedals & yoke, db XPPro x64/Vista
    HTPC(BossHog): Intel P3.0GHz Prescott E, Asus P4P800-E Deluxe, Toughpower 700W, 1Gx2 Samsung DDR, AOpen 6600GT AGP, 2x80G IDESeagate Cavier RAID1, HighPoint Rocket Raid 2220, 6x 400G Sata Seagate Baracuda Raid5, 2x500g Seagate JBOD, XP Media Center 2005

hi,
    I can't swear to this but each one of the Nationalities are numbered with Britain being 1, Germany 2 and USA 3. With the NEK add on the additional nationalities resume numbering at 4 and go thru 17. I always assumed general allegiance was the number of the corresponding nationality. Below is the NEK chart.

Britain
    Britain
    BRI
    GBR
    Allied
    Germany
    Germany
    GER
    GER
    Axis
    USA
    USA
    USA
    USA
    Allied
    Australia
    Australia
    AUS
    AUS
    Allied
    Britain_FAA
    Britain (FAA)
    BRN
    BRN
    Allied
    Canada
    Canada
    CAN
    CAN
    Allied
    China
    China
    CHI
    CHI
    Allied
    France_Free
    Free France
    FRA
    FRA
    Allied
    Italy
    Italy
    ITA
    ITA
    Axis
    Japan_AAF
    Japan (AAF)
    JPA
    JPA
    Axis
    Japan_IJN
    Japan (IJN)
    JPN
    JPN
    Axis
    New_Zealand
    New Zealand
    NZL
    NZL
    Allied
    Other_Allied_Nations
    Other: Allied
    OAN
    OAN
    Allied
    Other_Axis_Nations
    Other: Axis
    OXN
    OXN
    Axis
    Russia
    Russia
    RUS
    RUS
    Allied
    US_Marines
    US Marines
    USM
    USM
    Allied
    US_Navy
    US Navy
    USN
    USN
    Allied

Lewis...........you continue to astonish me.......you are a fount of pertinent and comprehensive information.........thanks.

sound file not, shared file not, pylons the files are also in the install, weapons.. sound also strange because the files are also here...
    thanks for the tip with CaGen I will search for it
    or a ... I have a corrupted file ...

regarding the allegiance... strange a lot of my aircraft are allegiance '0', and some are '1' (ai for exemple) are you sure ?

From the SDK doc :

<General> Element
    Allegience
    Type: String
    Default: Empty string
    Obsolete, not used.

Country
    Type: String
    Default: “neutral”

and country is what Lewis described.

Hope it helps.

hi,
    finally I found it! it was my sound file short cut for my DB605... I have put a extra _ ....:faint:
    houla la! castatrophe ! I first not thought it can come from the sound file because when I flew the bf109g6, there was a sound... actulally it should not have one... it was the default one may be.
    but CaGen point me out that there was also an error into the xdp fw190a5 regarding the pylons ...
    so.........
    For thus they haven't installed CaGen... it is a very good tip to install it and to run it for every install you have...
    thanks Daiwilletti !!!:ernae:

Merci Charles ! now I also know that the general allegience is not used ! (I was still in trouble with this...)
    now I can fly !
    :woot:

call me lame........couldn't find CaGen here but it sounds like a great tool....got a link??? Thanks

bump............CaGen??? Thanks....gaw

here is the link... if is not working... go to cfs3 dowload section 'other' select 100 / page... go to the bottom and here is it.. 'campaign generator 1.01'

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.ph...fo&FileID=2461

Cargo............thank you.....Ca....ampaign Gen....erator. I combed those bloody "other" files several times before bleating piteously here and never twigged.......dumb! Live and learn..I did however find another proggy called list_aircraft.zip which appears to be the same thing but a later version for whatever it's worth..Cheers!!! GAW

SOH-CM-2020
    Pleased you liked Ca Gen cargomann :ernae:. its such a useful tool and I have saved an awful lot of time, straightening out my files. The Fw190 problem is in the stock xdp, IIRC. It uses a 190 pylon, but in two places the numbers are transposed to 109. If you look under "loadouts" section, you will find a pylon called pylon_109A5_3. It is there twice IIRC. Just rename it to pylon_190A5_3.

The tricky bit is the xdp uses a stock 109 pylon, too, which should not be changed. Its the "A5" which gives the erroneous one away.

Just one of stock Microsofts little bugs, like the way they used a non standard nomenclature in their ship spawns.