Upcoming IRIS PC-21 Screenshots

Thread: Upcoming IRIS PC-21 Screenshots

Upcoming IRIS PC-21 Screenshots

I was asked for a few screenshots of the upcoming IRIS PC-21 (Thanks Jay!) and here are a few, enjoy!

Jose Valdez.

And a bit more:

Showing bump mapping:

There are many more liveries but I think you get the idea

Cheers,

Jose Valdez.

Quote Originally Posted by joanvalley View Post
    And a bit more:

Showing bump mapping:

There are many more liveries but I think you get the idea

Cheers,

Jose Valdez.
    Jose, thanks for sharing! These are superb looking shots! One question, what depth of detail will the electronics have? I had always pined for a T6B, but this is even better.

Matt
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Nice Shots

Great shots Jose. Thanks. (T6B on steroids!)
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Great shots Jose. Thanks. (T6B on steroids!)
    Amen brother! Though have somewhat a bitter taste in my mouth regarding Iris and their support, I'm truly hoping this one erases all the bitterness. It is giving me inspiration to reinstall FSX again. Reminds me of the quote: "if you make it, they will come..." Looking forward to the release and the accompanying reviews.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Jose, thanks for sharing! These are superb looking shots! One question, what depth of detail will the electronics have? I had always pined for a T6B, but this is even better.

Matt
    Since all the systems and procedures within the Pilatus company for this aircraft are fairly new, and most of them are discreet to us general public, we can only do educated guesses on what it is in there, but mainly by knowing that it is an advanced training platform for future F-18 pilots, or F-16, f-15, etc, we take that and simulate as much as possible some systems. I guess David can give you a better explanation but I must say that this aircraft is highly customizable, therefore, systems and such change a lot from customer to customer. Thanks for your comments guys and David is very busy putting code as much possible on this beautiful and agile aircraft. What I'm sure of is that it looks amazing and flies incredibly fast and agile for a turboprop, it's more like a little jet fighter so aerobatics are so much fun.

Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Amen brother! Though have somewhat a bitter taste in my mouth regarding Iris and their support, I'm truly hoping this one erases all the bitterness. It is giving me inspiration to reinstall FSX again. Reminds me of the quote: "if you make it, they will come..." Looking forward to the release and the accompanying reviews.
    I have a number of Iris products (mostly because they have those $5 crazy deals once in awhile), but I have the exact same feeling about their product support (no details will be provided). Because I am a huge fan of center line thrust, single engine, turbo prop, center stick control (left throttle), aerobatic / military aircraft, I purchased the pre-release version. I know I "took a flyer" on that, but the pre-release version is smooth as silk and, based on Jose's screenies, now looks like a million bucks! Regards all -
    Jay
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

The Greek one looks nice in the T-6-like livery but I don't think we have any of those. Is it a what-if paint?

Yes, during development we felt a need to man the paintbrushes and provide a pile of what-if paints.. Maybe Pilatus will pick up on the ideas...who knows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice to See You Here David!

Hope all is well and you are burning the "midnight oil" on getting the PC-21 released. Looks great!
    Jay

Jose has a very particular talent to imagine new skins for this plane... You can see here the "patrouille-suisse", which is a masterpiece, but there's also a "qatar" that's outstanding !!

The Qatar scheme was done by Matt "Smoothie" Wynn during his stint on the PC-21 paintschemes... we've got a whole pile of them at the moment with more planned..lol. Must remember to leave some for the painters to do.

And yes, I pop my head in here from time to time... makes life 'Interesting'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

as was the Greek, Saudi, Swiss AF 2009... like a bloomin' pick an' mix shop with paintschemes. she's looking good buddy, real good! just wish i had the capacity to run FSX... still, it's only a matter of time.... :salute:

You're doing good on your profile art though mate... fantastic stuff there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cheers Boss! :salute:

Ok, nothing here to compete with the beautiful skins of Jose and Matt, and the screenshots are basic, without any edition, but I thought some of you might be interested. Two purposes : the first was landing in the new wonderful Courchevel scenery of LLH simulations ; the second was to test some skinning with the beta of the PC-21, since I've the great chance to participate to the test team animated by David and Karen.

Courchevel LFLJ is an altiport at 6500 ft. The runway (4/22) has a slope of 18,5° and is 1755 ft long. No instruments landing, no go around procedure, it's a nice challenge, even in our simulator world. The truth is that I didn't experienced so much difficulties for a long time... Five attempts ended in a crash, with the PC21, the Baron B55 and C337... Too confident, not enough preparation... Long and difficult, considering each attempt is the end of a complete flight, with departure from Grenoble...

So, I decided to make it seriously, especially by choosing the good plane to learn : the Marchetti SF260. Time and weather was the 1st august 2012. And this time it works. So I've recorded this first flight and play it as a second one, in formation with the PC-21 dressed with the special belgian skin...

So :
    Rejoining my mate, ST44, between Grenoble and Albertville, over the France VFR Rhone Alpes scenery...

In formation,

The yellow skin is not particularly nice on the PC21, comparing with the most modern ones, but it fits well. I wanted to make the sharkmouth of the belgian SF260 since a long time, because the ST-44 in the real air package has not the actual sharkmouth of the real ST-44, much nicer... This sharkmouth is very expressive, a good witness of the skills of a country on the top of graphic arts. I never had enough courage, but the PC-21 was a good motivation. Next step is making the real ST-44...

That said, we are arrived in Courchevel. If the double post is a problem, please let me know.

Marchetti first,

The turn of the bigger one...

The approach is very short, not so easy to find a good alignment and to loose enough speed after the last turn. The airbrake could help, but is also dangerous...

No idea of what the good angle of approach is. Here, I thought I was too high...

Not so bad, seen from here,

Anyway, there will be no go around,

In my first attempts, I succeed one time to touch there, but was unable to stop on the runway...

Even if the slope helps the deceleration

Here we are. Departure will be another story...

Great shots, challenging approach! Both aircraft look fantastic.
    Jay

Blog Entries
    Wellll, shes lookin real good. good luck you guys
    btw. Incredible ground textures. love it..

Members who have read this thread: 0