what would you like to see? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what would you like to see?

A little late but for some ideas try here http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=152.15. My vote would be for an E2C, older or newer. This workhorse has been tragically left out of FS except for some included with Abacus software, which IMHO area bit lacking anyway.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Loving the idea of a AH-56 for FS9!

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    If it's not too late, can we consider the K-MAX helicopter currently in limited use in Afghanistan? This is a most unusual remote-control helicopter that, according to news reports, has so far lifted over 1,000,000 pounds of cargo without incident into high-risk areas.

I think FS9 is in need of a decent F-35.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burnside View Post
    I think FS9 is in need of a decent F-35.
    IMHO a decent F-35 for FS9 will hardly be possible to make as long as there is no decent real life F-35. With all the delays during the development and a test programme taking forever because of all the issues constantly encountered by Lockheed-Martin et all, it could take a few more years before the "Lightning" ( ) has overcome its teething-problems.

Having said so, I certainly agree with you that an F-35 for FS9 would be very welcome.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Maarten, they are busily trying to keep the pilots in the much more expensive and equally flawed F-22 literally alive. The F-35 is damn near perfect in comparison :ernae:

But I do not want to sidetrack this thread with my cynicism. Not being a big fan of all things involving a "Jesus-Nut", in other words things where the wings are faster than the fuselage, I'll vote for anything with fixed wings.

Cheers
    Stefan

I'm going to be Bold and suggest the Bristol Belvedere be added to the list of future prospects since the 'retro' theme has taken off recently and it seems to be one of the few a/c that has not yet been attempted as far as I can tell.

Regards

Hooky:salute:

I'm with you Hooky. Can't beat a Bristol pair.

Ttfn

Pete

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooky722 View Post
    I'm going to be Bold and suggest the Bristol Belvedere be added to the list of future prospects since the 'retro' theme has taken off recently and it seems to be one of the few a/c that has not yet been attempted as far as I can tell.

Regards

Hooky:salute:
    Wasn't there an American helo that looked something like this? I think Revell made a model kit of it once. There's another subject for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Wasn't there an American helo that looked something like this? I think Revell made a model kit of it once. There's another subject for you.
    Do you mean the Bell HSL-1 ASW helicopter? See for details http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_HSL

Cheers,
    Maarten

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Actually, Maarten, that wasn't it but I think what you've posted is a good candidate for our artist's skills.

I can't think of the builder's name, but for sure it wasn't the H-21, the "Flying Banana." The one I was thinking of had a long, straight fuselage with a real greenhouse at the front. I'll research the Revell helicopter kits and see if I can find an illustration.

EDIT: Found it! Piasecki H-16 Transporter:

Attachment 80725

Some more commonly seen Piasecki helos were the the HUP-1 Retriever and the H-21 Shawnee. The US Army and the French Armee de L'air both used the H-21 extensively on combat ops and the HUP-1 was reportedly a common sight with the US and the Canadian Navies.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Three for the Belvedere (but it will never happen).

There was (sort of) a British version of the Mojave. Westland had a licence agreement, and developed their own helicopter using the Mojave's dynamics, the Westland Westminster. When Westland, Fairey & Bristol were merged it was dropped in favour of the Rotodyne.
    Attachment 80777
    Andy

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagdflieger View Post
    Some more commonly seen Piasecki helos were the the HUP-1 Retriever and the H-21 Shawnee. The US Army and the French Arme de L'air both used the H-21 extensively on combat ops and the HUP-1 was reportedly a common sight with the US and the Canadian Navies.
    I didn't consider the -21 as there are already a couple of birds out there for FS9. I believe someone has done the HUP for CFS2 but not for FS9; that being said, I think one would be a fine addition to the sim since it was a fairly common sight in the USN and RCN for a while. I was thinking of prototypes or helos with short production runs. The Transporter never made it into production (the article didn't say why), the second prototype crashed while under test and that put an end to the program. Sounds like performance was only marginally enhanced over existing helos and going in this direction wasn't deemed advisable.

Realizing where I'm posting this, I thought I'd give it a shot anyway...

The Rutan Catbird.

(Are you listening, Milton? Heh heh...)

Alan :iidea:

Is it just me or does the "covered" Westminster look like what may have inspired the Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawk? It bears a slight resemblance to me. Best regards, Jeremy

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    You gotta point - but doesn't that front end also look like a Merlin, just a little?

You know, now that you mention it... yeah it does. Good eye. Never thought of that.

I think an Alphajet package would be great.

Definitely the Mohave, and the HUP! I would like to see the Belvedere also, but the others are Marine birds.

No one has built the Boeing 360 either!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_Model_360

http://www.aviastar.org/helicopters_eng/boeing-360.php

The Boeing 360 has been on my wishlist for as long as I can remember! Great call on that one!! :salute:

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    WOW! A Frog with a facelift!!:salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Burnside View Post
    I think an Alphajet package would be great.
    She already exists Tom, and very nice... Maybe to adjust the flight dynamics, a little...

Here is a very beautiful skin by Jonathan "Rooster" Hilaire.

If you were going to do anything from Boeing, it would have to be one of these -

Attachment 81064

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Watching "Thunderball" the other night brought to mind another Boeing derivative, obviously not Boeing-modified but still something worth watching. Who doesn't recall the modified B-17 at the end of the film with the Fulton recovery gear in the nose? There are only a few seconds when it's in view after the "snatch," but it looks like the tail turret's been removed and a couple of feet besides, beneath the rudder, leaving a rather cramped recovery station.

BTW I have that Alpha-Jet, it's a wonderful flyer.

Members who have read this thread: 23