what would you like to see?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what would you like to see?

what would you like to see?

I was looking at three views this weekend and came up with possibilities for the next project. Feel free to add something you'd like to see. Vehicles or ships included.

Fire scout UAv would be awesome. Definitly something new:salute:

A Lockheed Cheyenne Attack Helicopter. The airfile and aircraft.cfg may be a little tough though. The helicopter could take off and land as a helicopter would, but also fly like an airplane with a top speed of just under 200 MPH. It could fly sideways at 68 MPH, and was an aeronautical marvel. In reality, cost overruns and production delays eventually clobbered the project. Still...

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

An Avro Jetliner. It'd be really nice to see one of those in the FS universe.

And who is going to build this? Just wondering
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    A Lockheed Cheyenne Attack Helicopter. The airfile and aircraft.cfg may be a little tough though. The helicopter could take off and land as a helicopter would, but also fly like an airplane with a top speed of just under 200 MPH. It could fly sideways at 68 MPH, and was an aeronautical marvel. In reality, cost overruns and production delays eventually clobbered the project. Still...

Got you covered on the Cheyenne. Working out animations and VC on that referencing 4 GB of Lockheed files and test footage I gathered. Uses original sounds from existing footage. aircraft.cfg is not that hard to do. Right now it behaves well when I test it out.

Looking for a summer release date after beta testing.

WOW... ! I'm looking forward to following the developmental progress of this model, as well as your finished product.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I'll second on that Mojave! Never seen one of those for FS9, or any other sim for that matter.

EDIT: The last time you were here, as I recall we were discussing the Cheyenne, which it looks like you've gotten well along with. Looking forward to that one. The other things I was thinking of were the Stealth Blackhawk used in the Pakistan raid, and the stillborn Comanche.

I would also like to see a Mojave, Cheyenne, RAH-66 Commanche, or maybe even a Westland 30 for FS9. Those would be great!!! Getting excited!!

Lockheed also developed a nifty little helicopter that would've given both the Hughes 500 and Bell Jetranger a good run for their money had it been further developed: the XH-51

N.

I'd love to see the old Mohave too. The Cheyenne would also be a great ride in FS9.

There's a CH-37 Mohave at the Pima County Aviation Museum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_CH-37_Mojave
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Massive +1 for the Mojave, got to be one of my favourite helos of all time! So ugly it is beautiful!

Thanks for the suggestions. Looks the Mohave is taking the lead here. Luckily I can head to Mother Rucker to see the one they have. Closer than Pima though I'd love to see that museum out there.

The XH-51A 240mph. Even today the AH-56 would smoke the Apache even today.

Oooooooh!!! I wanna fly what's in your picture as well!!! That looks stunning!! Is that in FS9? And if so, when can I fly her? Simply brilliant!! :salute: Please release her soon!!!

I would like to volunteer to be a beta tester. It would be an privledge to fly these and give my input.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snake36bravo View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. Looks the Mohave is taking the lead here. Luckily I can head to Mother Rucker to see the one they have. Closer than Pima though I'd love to see that museum out there.

The XH-51A 240mph. Even today the AH-56 would smoke the Apache even today.

How about one of these with an MMS and Hellfires? Makes one wonder what might have been.

A Boulton Paul Balliol......Oh no we've just built that, ummm well I have a few ideas but they will probably turn out to be our future projects!!!

Cheers,

Martin

Always fancied a Pilatus P2 though. Out of all my years simming found this to be lacking from the virtual hangars.

I don't know if I should cast a vote, since I'm not currently active in the hobby, but I long wished for an H-37 Mohave (I forget what the Marines called it.) I saw the 3-view and couldn't resist commenting. If there was one, I would probably get to fly it in the future, as I don't expect tp remain out of the hobby permanently.

We already have an excellent Republic Seabee with a gazillion paints for it, so a new one would be pointless.

That UAV and its ilk are far too modern for my taste, but I know there are folks who like that sort of thing.

I'd also love to see someone tackle the PZL 104MA Wilga 2000. I know that there are freeware and payware round-motored Wilga 35's out there, but I think the Wilga 2000 is definitely a good looking and good flying bird with its improved aerodynamics and flat, 300-horse IO-540 Lycoming...

Attachment 80432

N,

Mojave, please!!!

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by snake36bravo View Post
    I was looking at three views this weekend and came up with possibilities for the next project. Feel free to add something you'd like to see. Vehicles or ships included.

Mojave for me please! If you do it, let me know. I have a PDF flight manual for the H-37.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by p3aewguy View Post
    Mojave for me please! If you do it, let me know. I have a PDF flight manual for the H-37.

Dave
    Based off all the responses so far I think I'm going to go with the Mojave. That doesnt mean the other suggestions go into the dustbin. In fact I've put them into the project spreadsheet. Lots of great ideas which is exactly what I was looking for. You might discover your requests popping up as the other stuff is still developed. I seldom work one project at a time. Or one version for that matter. There is an armed and unarmed Cheyenne for example.

Mod that would be me alone doing the work. I dont have a staff. I support the warfighter during the day and this works out that creative thing I left behind for the military.

Dave, I'd love a looksee at that pdf. I'll PM you my email. I'm looking at trying to get a cockpit view of the Mojave down at Rucker. A very resourceful contact is helping out with that.

Cheers!

Snake thanks for the efforts on this as well as your work supporting the Warfighters. The Mojave really should be a great ride in FS 9 and it'll fit in perfectly with my prop and early jet AI traffic.

I'm not sure why the Cheyenne didn't work out and I was a bit surprised that it fell by the wayside. It was probably just too far ahead of the required technology of the late 60s and early 70s. The cobra, as good as it was/is, was an interim design that soldiered on for many honorable years beyond what was expected of it. I just loved seeing them work out against the bad guys.

Have fun at the Fort Rucker museum. I toured that museum back in 1970 and again in 1993. I'll bet it's really been improved since my last visit. Now that you mention it, I remember seeing the Mojave there as well as an early model Lockheed Constellation that was in the storage area of the Museum.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

The AH-64 is basically a flying tank, lots of armour plate to protect the pilot as well as the machine... so it's probably not going to be as fast and nimble as the AH-56, which was lighter and better suited for high speed attack. Still, the Cheyenne was wicked deadly in it's design and proposed function. I wouldn't want to be in a light warplane, (Such as the modified T-28D used in Vietnam), and see one of these comming up in my rear view mirror. It's like a nasty wasp, with a lethal sting.

Nice shot, Snake... you definately have the lean, mean appearance and unique shape of the Cheyenne zeroed in. Can't wait to fly her... SIDEWAYS, next to the default 172...LOL

While I was in tech school being trained as a Cobra crewchief/mechanic I remember senior nco's talking about the cancellation of the Cheyenne with some bitterness. Apparently one of the biggest nails in its coffin was political opposition from the Air Force. I assume they felt its performance threatened their monopoly on the CAS mission. The AF even made the Army give up their armed JOV-1 Mohawks.

Members who have read this thread: 23