FSX Nord 2501 Noratlas released... - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FSX Nord 2501 Noratlas released...

Aircraft number 125... still flying today I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Seeing as I see hide nor hair of a set of blanks, or paint kit, and people are baying for painted blood already....

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50293775/ba...0%27kit%27.zip

I 'reverse engineered' a set of plain bare metal textures from the three included, plain, with only warning labels, alphas too. Hope this helps folks, alternatively, if you just want a blank metal one, add it as a repaint in its own rights :P

I do look forward to seeing the HAF paints btw!

(I'll be trying my hand at some IAF ones)
    Thank you! I appreciate it.

I will not be painting blood. The story behind this action is too emotional and sensitive as a Noratlas full of troops was shot down by friendly AA fire.

Quote Originally Posted by findus View Post
    A great and pleasant suprise to have this bird for FSX!
    THX VERY MUCH!!!Attachment 80161
    Lovely screen snap. Looks like a must get.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Thank you! I appreciate it.

I will not be painting blood. The story behind this action is too emotional and sensitive as a Noratlas full of troops was shot down by friendly AA fire.
    I must clarify that the expression meant something else... people want aircraft painted... they are 'baying for blood' and I mixed the two... I in no way meant ACTUAL Blood... Wouldn't suggest it. I apologize for any misunderstanding or pain.

What a GREAT addon! Thanks to developers!!!

It will start wit Ctrl-E, but won't continue running. I certainly can't work it out from the pics, so if anyone can tell me, I'd be most grateful.

Cheers
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post

It will start wit Ctrl-E, but won't continue running. I certainly can't work it out from the pics, so if anyone can tell me, I'd be most grateful.
    Dougal, check my post above (#7); below the screenshots I posted how to start the engines.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks Ferry_VO for the hints (message #7) to get the plane started and continue running.

Interesting I could start using ctrl-E in the external view of the plane and fly in this view, but as soon as I switched views to the cockpit the engines stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    I must clarify that the expression meant something else... people want aircraft painted... they are 'baying for blood' and I mixed the two... I in no way meant ACTUAL Blood... Wouldn't suggest it. I apologize for any misunderstanding or pain.
    No problem at all Firekitten. I really appreciate the response. Let's go put some paint on now.

Anyone missing the control yoke for the Pilot? The sim shows one for the co-pilot???

Click on the yoke like little button in the button array next to the throttle quadrant and it will appear, sporting a nice clock on it.

As for keeping the engines running... keep the RPM over 1000 and they stay up

I'm planning on a civil scheme first perhaps, though I may get the IAF one done too...

Btw, anyone else having intesting cruise attitudes with it nose down about 2-3 degrees?

I think this actually flew like that, I'm sure I heard or read one of the French pilots saying something about it having an unusual attitude "feeling" but I may well be completely off the ball there also.
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Does that mean you want to give it a repaint??

Cheers,
    Mark
    Actually, yes it does. Its a first class model, worth the effort to maybe enhance it a little.

There is an English manual at Flightsim: Nord 2501 Atlas Panel Docs

It's for an older panel. But it's very similar to the one of the new FSX Noratlas

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Click on the yoke like little button in the button array next to the throttle quadrant and it will appear, sporting a nice clock on it.

Found it! Doh! Right in front of me.

Another quick question. Can the window reflections be removed be removed from the VC?

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Found it! Doh! Right in front of me.

Another quick question. Can the window reflections be removed be removed from the VC?
    great find - except for the cockpit glass reflections..this is a really nice model
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Those reflections are too much!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    Those reflections are too much!

another little issue - the landing /taxi lights only illuminate the ground in external views..not from the VC -
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Looks great Berhard!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by baernhard View Post
    Gorgeous...

Are you finding you pretty much have to eliminate ANY alpha to stop the aircraft looking like its varnished?

I will be glad to help you a little.

First of all, I apologize for my English, which is school-level.

I invite you to see the 18th page of the documentation, to see where the switches are for the starting procedure.

You have to set auto mixture on, in the realism parameters of your aircraft.

0. All switches on "A" (Arret which means off)
    1. "H" position (Huile, oil on)
    2. "E" position (Essence, fuel on)
    3. "M" starting fuel pump
    4. Magneto switch both
    5. Starter energized
    6. Starter switch.

Note that the "starter energized switch" (5th operation) come back on "A" after that the engine is started.

I hope it will help you a little, and I'm sure you will be very interested flying this old french lady !

Have fun with the Noratlas !

Best regards, Dom.

Hi Dom,
    Welcome to the SOH and thanks for this excellent aircraft:ernae:

Roger.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

You are welcome Roger !

Roger, I'm not the designer of this aircraft, only a french fan of this old lady. I made two flights on board when I was a child, thanks to my father which was master sergeant in the French Air Force at that time.

This plane is a "box of memories" for me...

Members who have read this thread: 15