RTWR 2013 Open Practice 2 Rules

Thread: RTWR 2013 Open Practice 2 Rules

RTWR 2013 Open Practice 2 Rules

Any Team Member from any of the previous or current RTWR Team may join in on this Practice.

We will be using our TS3 server http://www.sim-outhouse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40

and our FS Host Server Port 23456 http://www.sim-outhouse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8

Jump in grab the baton and get your feet wet.

Practice Aims

Practice 2 will begin at 00:01 UTC on January 27th. This practice is intended to improve our ability to fly a variety of different aircraft.

All legs must be flown online on the SOH MP server and TeamSpeak 3 must be used unless there are valid reasons why a pilot cannot do either of the above. This is to test for any connectivity issues before the race.

Routing

The practice will start and end at Corpus Christi NAS (KNGP) and will proceed in a clockwise direction around the coastlines of the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea. From Florida to Venezuela pilots must hop down the island chain. Pilots must launch to the island chain from West Palm Beach International (KPBI) and arrive on the South American coastline at Gen Jose Francisco Bermudez airport in Carupano, Venezuela (SVCP).

Legs are restricted to 250 Nm maximum length. All airports must be within 20 miles of the coast and aircraft are restricted to flying no more than 20 Nm inland at any point nor flying more than 20 Nm out to sea, with the exception of the eastern island chain. If airports are on opposite sides of a peninsular and more than 40 miles apart (in a straight line across the peninsular) then you must follow the coastline to fly from 'Airport A' to 'Airport B'.
    There are no wildcards or bonus airports.

Required Airports
    KPBI
    SVCP

Aircraft
    Any race legal aircraft are permitted including the FS9/X defaults and are classified as 'piston prop', 'turbo-prop' or 'jet' according to engine type. Piston powered aircraft must achieve critical altitude for that aircraft (as specified in the aircraft.cfg file) at some point on the leg.

Helicopters are allowed and will be classified according to their engine type i.e. piston powered or jet although piston powered helicopters will not have to achieve the critical altitude requirement.

To add diversity to the practice no pilot may fly the same 'class' of aircraft for two consecutive personal legs (i.e. If a pilot flies a piston prop on their first leg then he/she must fly a turbo-prop or jet for their next leg). The same 'class' of aircraft can be flown on consecutive legs if they are flown by different pilots (i.e. If 'Pilot A' flies a piston prop from 'Airport X' to 'Airport Y' then Pilot B can fly a piston prop from 'Airport Y' to 'Airport Z' provided that (a) it is their first leg in the practice, or (b) their previously flown leg was in either a turbo-prop or jet).

If no other pilots are available to advance the baton after 15 minutes of 'baton idle' time then the previous baton holder may fly another leg. The 'diversity' rule above still applies in this case so the pilot would need to change to a different 'class' of aircraft for their second consecutive leg.

It is the pilot's responsibility to keep track of what classes they have flown and when. If a pilot does fly two consecutive personal legs in the same 'class' of aircraft then the leg will be declared invalid and the baton will return to the last valid airport.
    Larry

Based on the fact that each leg can be NO MORE than 250 NM long (direct), here's a "proposed" route I made up to get us to KPBI...

KNGP

KGLS

KPTN

KHRT

KCGC

KMKY

KPBI

Blue is done!! Red is left to do!! Don't forget, MUST FOLLOW THE COAST LINE between airports!!!

WND

What is the the altitude requirement for turboprops or jets if critical altitude is not mentioned in the cfg file? KA350 has none stated.Also, on the Learjet 45 I get a yellow A/C Type ok?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    What is the the altitude requirement for turboprops or jets if critical altitude is not mentioned in the cfg file?
    Critical altitude (CA) is a term applied to supercharged piston engines only and is the altitude at which the engine stops producing maximum power. This due to the thin air failing to support full combustion of the fuel. Turbo-props and jets do not suffer from this issue and therefore no CA is given in the .cfg file. For normally aspirated engines (i.e. those without a turbocharger or supercharger) the CA is sea level and anything above that means a drop in power so anything above sea level counts as being above CA as far as the rules for this practice are concerned.

KA350 has none stated.
    The King Air 350 is a turbo-prop and so it does not have a CA.

Also, on the Learjet 45 I get a yellow A/C Type ok?
    The Duenna was originally set up to monitor piston engine aircraft as the RTWR was a piston engine only race. The yellow flag was to show that there was an issue with the aircraft type. Since then jets have been allowed into the race but the yellow flag for jets remains so just ignore it as it is perfectly legal. If it turns red however there is some issue that needs looking at (although I have never seen a red flag for aircraft type before).
    Larry

For those using Duenna live tracking I just created a new event for this practice. Set your 'Event Name' to 'soh 2013 practice 2'.
    Larry

Members who have read this thread: 0