Announcement from Virtavia about B-36 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Announcement from Virtavia about B-36

Tommie , your spending to much time with your nose in the 'Jacobsen' Book History of the Convair B-36

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Tommie , your spending to much time with your nose in the 'Jacobsen' Book History of the Convair B-36
    That and Dennis Jenkins' "Magnesium Overcast"

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    That and Dennis Jenkins' "Magnesium Overcast"

Tommy
    Don't have that one , but another by both Don Pyeatt and Dennis R. Jenkins "COLD WAR PEACEMAKER" ,is what makes this such an intriguing aircraft

Don't have that one , but another by both Don Pyeatt and Dennis R. Jenkins "COLD WAR PEACEMAKER" ,is what makes this such an intriguing aircraft
    I've been meaning to pickup the "Cold War Peacemaker" too.....Thanks for reminding me about that one.

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

I'll try to find time this week to package up both these with new bump files. I'm going to reduce the alpha shine and give them both a more used look. I also have a later anti-radiation white belly paint somewhere I've never finished and I'll try to dig that out too.

Regards

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

That is outstanding news!!! Thank you for the great repaints.

Been flying this bird around a lot this week. Now if I could only get the AI version to work!

Thanks
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by icycle View Post
    Now if I could only get the AI version to work!

Thanks
    Bill
    AI version? How many KB's is the model size?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    I'll try to find time this week to package up both these with new bump files. I'm going to reduce the alpha shine and give them both a more used look. I also have a later anti-radiation white belly paint somewhere I've never finished and I'll try to dig that out too.

Regards

DaveQ
    Thanks so much Dave....Your repaints are definitely top shelf repaints; the best of the lot.

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by icycle View Post
    That is outstanding news!!! Thank you for the great repaints.

Been flying this bird around a lot this week. Now if I could only get the AI version to work!

Thanks
    Bill

Do you have the current Virtavia release? I don't see the AI folder that was part of the previous AlphaSim release. I recall that only the H model was available as an AI model in any case; not the B.

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

I just noticed that in one of the book reviews, the reviewer stated that most of the material in "COLD WAR PEACEMAKER" comes directly from the other book "Magnesium Overcast." So now I don't know if it's worth spending the money on "COLD WAR PEACEMAKER."

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Do you have the current Virtavia release? I don't see the AI folder that was part of the previous AlphaSim release. I recall that only the H model was available as an AI model in any case; not the B.

Tommy
    @Bone 1493kb

Yes, I do. DL'd the new Virtavia version, when released. Noticed that there was no "AI" version, as advertised. Emailed Virtavia. Got the model emailed to me ASAP. It is in the FS9 version of the installer only - per Phil.

I've tried to install, and use it in AI flightplans, but it never shows up. IF I take those same AI flightplans, and add the ITO FS2002/FS2004 version of the "36", it shows up just fine. So I know its something with the model file somewhere.

Bill

I just noticed that in one of the book reviews, the reviewer stated that most of the material in "COLD WAR PEACEMAKER" comes directly from the other book "Magnesium Overcast." So now I don't know if it's worth spending the money on "COLD WAR PEACEMAKER."

Tommy
    The "COLD WAR PEACEMAKER" is 240 pg , gloss print , b/w photos galore - inside construction , plant plans - all variants , not sure what "Magnesium Overcast" has to offer but other book "Convair B-36 A comprehensive History of America's "Big Stick" by Meyers K. Jacobsen , a whooping 400 pages in the same superb quality gloss print , colour photo section in the back to the break down of the weapons and development , bomb load and types to all XC-99,YB-60,NB-36H and R&D programs , crew story s and inflight photos and some scary stories and another called "Convair B-36 - A photo Chronicle " which is paperback of only 88 pages also by by Meyers K. Jacobsen .

Pity we were'nt neighbors , we could have swapped to compare and looksie to see if worth buying the other .

Got to rummaging around and discovered that when the Big Stick was released in 2004, it was priced at 16.00.

Now it's $25?

Hmmm. What accounts for the 38% increase?

Quote Originally Posted by KellyB View Post
    Got to rummaging around and discovered that when the Big Stick was released in 2004, it was priced at 16.00.

Now it's $25?

Hmmm. What accounts for the 38% increase?
    Following the FS9 version back in 2004 there was an FSX rebuilt release in 2007 and this new release improves upon that. But don't ask me how, I've never had any of them. You probably should read the entire thread.

Also $16 worth of anything in 2004 is probably closer to $20-something in 2013 anyway.
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Following the FS9 version back in 2004 there was an FSX rebuilt release in 2007 and this new release improves upon that. But don't ask me how, I've never had any of them. You probably should read the entire thread.

Also $16 worth of anything in 2004 is probably closer to $20-something in 2013 anyway.
    :ernae:

I once stood under an RB-36 at Castle Air Museum and I have never seen anything so big! :salute:

I did read the thread, and found that the opinions were all over the place as to whether there had been any upgrades, which is why I asked.