Announcement from Virtavia about B-36
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Announcement from Virtavia about B-36

Announcement from Virtavia about B-36

Jan 22 : The Alphasim B-36 Peacemaker has finally been re-released as a Virtavia product. The usual vendors will be listing this great model package in the next few days. Both the B-36H and B-36B are featured. Both the FS9 and (native) FSX models have a 2D panel, old-style VC, sounds, illustrated checklist, 2 set of reflective textures, panel info images and a reame.txt which lists the keypresses for the animations.

http://www.virtavia.com/

Hope they have done some work to it , the cockpit is so outta date .. i have all the .. umm yeah lets wait and see , d previous owners get updates if there are any , in it current state should only be a freeware .

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Hope they have done some work to it , the cockpit is so outta date .. i have all the .. umm yeah lets wait and see , d previous owners get updates if there are any , in it current state should only be a freeware .

According to the reply I got from the email I sent them - I don't think they have redone the panel.

Fingers Crossed , its a good eight years old now , they would have to do a lotta tidying up ... maybe its released as freeware more i'd believe .

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Fingers Crossed. . . . . . . .maybe its released as freeware more I'd believe .
    If they haven't touched it since it's original release (at least the FS9 version) it should be freeware, but the statement says it will be released to the "usual vendors". That means it's gonna be payware.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

22 euros !!!!???? Is this a joke ?

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I have the original and I think it was a port over. This looks like an extensive work over and I know at least the cockpit has been redone. If it is redone, the 21 euros is a good price. I enjoyed it when I had it.

Looking at the screen shots posted on simmarket, there are no changes to the original model. FS9 portover to FSX that's all. I purchased this model 4 years ago. Great exterior textures if not a bit blurry, but very poor VC. Excellent sound set however. Yes, it should be freeware by today's standards. Looks great in black and white.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    I believe an FsX native model was added later on.

Still a bit pricy though.. Maybe next big Virtavia sale..
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

This is way overpriced - but then, that is nothing new.

I'm interested if something may have been updated in that my ALPHA B-36 Peacemaker FSX v2_1.zip file is 22.4 MB; and the current one at simMarket is listed as 26 MB for the FSX version. In any case my current AlphaSim FSX B-36 install is noted as "Convair B-36 Peacemaker for FSX v2.1" in the readme.txt file.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Maybe the model without the jet engines was added to the package..?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Maybe the model without the jet engines was added to the package..?
    My zip file contains both models......

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

C'mon. Here's a riddle. What are the three main parts of a wood stove?
    Lifter
    Leg
    Poker

That about sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    C'mon. Here's a riddle. What are the three main parts of a wood stove?
    Lifter
    Leg
    Poker

That about sums it up.
    And all that for 21 Euros!!! Such a deal. :isadizzy:

I think it's kind of sh**y that the files are getting re-released and sold. Regardless if it be under a different name or not. That stuff is long out dated!!

I have the Alpha FS9 model. Works ok in FSX. Did not know about the FSX update. Is this still available?

Weird things is my interest with the type .. two large books on the shelf and a couple more lessor .. one off those types just simply due to its standing .. the procedure and the testing , i'm not even sure i have the full FSX 2.1 update but it would have been nice to see a rebuild .. its a lotta years old .

I think it's kind of sh**y that the files are getting re-released and sold. Regardless if it be under a different name or not. That stuff is long out dated!!
    I sure miss the old AlphaSim forums......:isadizzy:
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

From sim market web site description of the aircraft:

"Convair's B-36 Peacemaker was called a 'MegaBomber' when it was first introduced into service on August 28, 1947. An enormous aircraft, it was as complex as it was large. Its 28-cylinder R-4360 engines were the very height of piston technology, and with the addition of the jet pods to later marques to assist with takeoff and top speed, the aircraft became even more complicated. With its 19-foot propellers and six engines, it produced an Earth-shaking drone that could be felt from 40,000 feet. Produced in a wide variety of variants, including unarmed crew trainers, strategic bombers, and reconnaissance bombers, the plane was manufactured for seven years. The last B-36 was delivered on August 18, 1954, and the type was retired altogether on February 12, 1959. It was the end of an era."

For FSX (native, not a portover) and FS2004 only......

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

The VC looks the same as the one I already have. I'm going to stretch out onto the limb, and say it hasn't been updated.

Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    I sure miss the old AlphaSim forums......:isadizzy:
    I don't. Back then, the leader of the pack carried a screwdriver with him where ever he went. And screwed the wrong type of fasteners.

I don't. Back then, the leader of the pack carried a screwdriver with him where ever he went. And screwed the wrong type of fasteners.
    I only went on their Forums a few times, once to praise a recent release and the last to critique a recent release. . .it was not met with any favor from anyone....basically being told that the forum wasn't a place for negative vibes, lol. Over time, as other folks related stories of having visited their forum it became apparent that negativity, even the constructive type was not acceptable nor was it appreciated. Generally, if you can't say anything nice, keep your mouth shut, lol.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

One would hope that if it were to have been re-worked for re-release the FSX model would contain features such as bump mapping, VC self-shading etc, which according to the product page it does. Not sure about 3D guages though, which many have come to expect.

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2