Whats your favourite Carrier and aircraft
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats your favourite Carrier and aircraft

Whats your favourite Carrier and aircraft

I was getting very stale with FSX and bought the gold edition at xmas so I have rediscovered carrier based flying and am enjoying it again, last time was with Janes FA18 all them years ago.

Having fun with Dino v1.06 F14D and Iris F14 on the Nimitz.

So what else is fun for this, I am looking at Team SDB - USS Enterprise for FSX Acceleration is this OK? what else is a nice jet to fly off the deck?
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

I like the freewares from Javier...Nimitz and Ike...

....Have you tried the VLSO program? It has completely reshaped my perpective on flying carrier ops in FSX, as I can no longer just do what I 'think' is a good approach...makes for an intensely challenging experience!!
    Matt

Felixthreeone.. I actually have that downloaded it but was a bit on the skeptical side with it but will definitely give it a shot as naval flying has bitten me
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

I'm glad you are having fun with my F-14D...but it is definitely outdated.
    I am working on a major upgrade (well, it is almost a full remake) which will be available for Beta testing soon...
    You may want to download my latest creations - F-35 and the T-45C both fully compatible with FSX:Acceleration/Gold carrier ops.

I'd also suggest the freeware S-2 and E-1 converted to FSX from Milton Shupe's orginal files.

As for carriers Javier Fernandez's freeware Nimitz package is a must. Absolutely amazing and fully FSX:Acceleration/Gold compatible.

If you have the VRS Superbug and TacPack you get LSO comments with figures after your landings.

If you like French stuff get the french carriers and planes like the Etendard from here: http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/index.htm

what else is a nice jet to fly off the deck?
    Well, let's see ..

Alphasim Phantom (there are some panel files here somewhere)
    Alphasim Crusader
    Alphasim Vigilante
    Alphasim Skywarrior
    Alphasim F3H Demon
    Alphasim F4D Skyray

These are all/mostly (?) portovers but work fine in FSX, at least for me and you can add the carrier navaids and other cool stuff.

FSX:

Tim Conrad's A-1 Skyraider
    Milton & Co's Grumman Tracker and Tracer
    VS Grumman F9F Panther
    New Virtavia A-4 Skyhawk

Then there are the WWII seabirds:

A2A Corsair
    VS Bearcat, Hellcat, Dauntless
    JF Wildcat

Have the Team SDB Big E (and also some fixed location old Alphasim scenery Big E's around that I can station and fly AI from) but as Dino says, Javier's Nimitz is a must. The French Clemenceau and Foch are excellent models.

Definitely a yawning gap between WWII and Nimitz class carriers. Angled deck Oriskany on the way but also would be great to have a Forrestal/Midway/Kitty Hawk - i.e. Nam era - boat or three to fill the void. Surprising this, with all the usable aircraft from that period released over the years.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Oh, and AI Carriers and Carrier Tracks for the Nimitz and other cv's are absolutely essential. Transformed FSX for me.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I've been having tons of fun with the default carriers and Mr. Dino's T-45C! I can actually trap! I haven't gotten the hang of the faster planes... yet!

Flying Stations' Victorious and Fairey Swordfish. It's about the only thing I can actually land safely, but maybe one day I'll graduate to a Wildcat or even a Corsair.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

The Clemenceau / Foch carriers ( eagerly awaiting their upcoming CDG carrier!!) and the DSB Enterprise fullfill my favourite carriers, and the freeware Javier Fernandez's freeware Nimitz package of course.

Concerning the aircraft, the Etendard IV, VRS F/A-18E and all naval planes of RAZBAM are my favourites. But not to forget the amazing SOH Tracker/Tracer & Trader. :salute:

Cheers,
    Hank

Flying Stations Bucaneer/ Sludge Hornet/ Etendard IVM

JF Nimitz/ Flying Stations Ark Royal IV / Clemencau/Foch

All for different reasons, all too close to call a faourite

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Quote Originally Posted by AusWilko View Post
    So what else is fun for this, I am looking at Team SDB - USS Enterprise for FSX Acceleration is this OK? what else is a nice jet to fly off the deck?
    Don't hesitate with this one , it gorgeous .... and be looking for the update and an area i need to get the SDB team to play with ...getting it running in with camera views and a bridge so it can be used in a Multiplay .. if it has not been done already .

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    Javier Nimitz, Dinos T-45C and the VRS F/A-18E Superbug.
    GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

Javiers Nimitz and Clemenceau/Foch are at the top end of the freeware carriers that are available.

Alphasim F-4, UKMil Buccaneer S2, Flying Stations Bucaneer S1 & Ark Royal for me.

Dino's F-35B and C

Also UKMil and Razbam Harriers (basically all I use with HMS Invincible/Ark/Illustrious until someone comes up with a decent SHAR F/A 2)

Gary

Just one off those carrier things

Blog Entries
    I cant say I have any favorite aircraft or carriers to fly or land on, but we got a wonderful group of folks over at miramar flight club that flies all the above in a multiplayer environment all the time.. Its loads of fun,so drop on by..

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I cant say I have any favorite aircraft or carriers to fly or land on, but we got a wonderful group of folks over at miramar flight club that flies all the above in a multiplayer environment all the time.. Its loads of fun,so drop on by..
    Thanks for the heads up Pam , i may have to toddle over there some time shortly , you don't have a link by any chance Permission to come on board .

Blog Entries
    Favourite naval aircraft - thankfully that word is both singular AND plural, 'cause I don't have just one favourite aircraft!! More or less in order:

Flying Stations Bucc S.1
    RFN Etendard (Photo bird)
    Rollus Crusader
    RFN Magister
    Skysim Sea Vixen
    Alphasim F4D
    Alphasim F-4
    Alphasim Sea Vixen
    Iris F-4
    Flying Stations Sea Fury
    Fnerg's Firefly
    Vertigo F9F Panther (photo bird)
    Razbam F2F Banshee (photo bird)
    Rob Richardson's Sea Hornet

Favourite boats - in order of how often they get used, ergo, I guess how much I enjoy them:

RFN Foch
    RFN Clemenceau
    SDB Enterprise
    Flying Stations HMS Ark Royal
    Flying Stations late period Victorious
    Davies' USS Leyte beta

Looking forward to the Oriskany, and hoping the Flying Statoins' 50's Victorious will come to light ....

DL

Flying Stations' 50's Victorious will come to light
    She's on the slipway..

Attachment 79479

Ooo:salute: , now i do have a Sea Vixen that would suit that quiet nicely ... now is it going to be drivable to swamp the MPers

Just about all my carrier ops involve a self modded Sludge Hornet and Javier's Nimitz.
    Mike Mann

Can't wait to plant a Scimitar, Sea Vixen or Bucanner on that old girl

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

USS Saratoga prior to the 1980 SLEP, with a good F-4J in VF-31 and VF-103 Sluggers Paint
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Pam , i may have to toddle over there some time shortly , you don't have a link by any chance Permission to come on board .
    Hi Ian..
    Website is http://fsx-miramar.webs.com/
    Will keep an eye open ..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by strikehawk View Post
    USS Saratoga prior to the 1980 SLEP, with a good F-4J in VF-31 and VF-103 Sluggers Paint
    Workin on that F4J for ya there.. it just has to learn to stop pissing me off ::lol::