System error in cfs2

Thread: System error in cfs2

System error in cfs2

Any body have this> When running game with new missions of skylane, Ceylon 1942, the startup of some missions jumps to end and says Good show, and all that but, the mission wouldn't run. Any Ideas?:isadizzy:

As it turns out....

Quote Originally Posted by Hooraw View Post
    Any body have this> When running game with new missions of skylane, Ceylon 1942, the startup of some missions jumps to end and says Good show, and all that but, the mission wouldn't run. Any Ideas?:isadizzy:
    I've given up on ceylon 1942 as I get too many errors, of, repeated times
    1. planes blew up on startup or re:above , reloaded (recopied) missions into missions

2. then planes started ok, then AI pilots ran into some obstacle and blew up, I purposely ran in the same direction, got a prop hit, then suddenly rose and nose dived into ground.

3. lotsa readers, no one volunteered any solutions therefore few people interested!

4. ran off in different direction got me airborne, but as usual with computer games, no reality re: you the user is/are a bullet magnet. (I didn't know lead/copper was magnitizeable ) so much for my education.

5. opposition has extreme super eyeballs. I give up!

Check this post.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...09-Ceylon-1942

I would PM Skylane.

are you working from a fresh install or an existing one?

it sounds like your scenery hierarchy might not be set right. Thats just a guess.

I wouldn't give up on it as all of this helps with the developement.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

I have test-flown the missions several times before uploading them, and did not encounter these errors.
    Ok, I´ll admit that it is difficult to prevail against the Japanese fighters, but this was also the case in the real event..

For the other problems, I don´t know, but I think the best idea is to try to start with a fresh install.

Did anyone else have these problems also?

Nope!

I had a few hiccups getting started, but nothing that prevented me from completing all missions....eventually. I admit, I had the settings on EASY, and I ran like crazy when there were too many bogies.....but nothing like these issues identified by Hooraw happened to me.

After flying skylanes "Battle of Java"-campaign (much more addons !!), "ceylon"-missions work well. Shure --first starts broght errors, but in CFS2-error-file is shown which addons are needed. If any plane or ship bring error, simply replace can be done by "mk_cfs2_util" or sim. Skylane promissed to make an campaign-file => forum.

I'll start worcing on the campaign file at the beginning of next week, when Im at home again!

i'm also in difficulty

I can't open CFS2 when i try to open it i have this message:

Nom d’événement de problème: APPCRASH
    Nom de l’application: CFS2.ICD
    Version de l’application: 7.50.0.917
    Horodatage de l'application: 39c5a653
    Nom du module par défaut: dplayerx.dll
    Version du module par défaut: 0.0.0.0
    Horodateur du module par défaut: 396602f5
    Code de l’exception: c0000005
    Décalage de l’exception: 00003a12
    Version du système: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036
    Information supplémentaire n° 1: 5063
    Information supplémentaire n° 2: 989a2eece94c88e43d080999500de321
    Information supplémentaire n° 3: d8d2
    Information supplémentaire n° 4: 4e7c87bbc1587161b2639bdf69eae17a

Of course it's in french because i'm a froggy
    But if someone can help me to understand what it's mean, my computer turn with vista SP2with an GeForce 9300...
    Good flight for all

G-A, check your private messages.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Enquiring minds would like to know -bearcat

Quote Originally Posted by georges-andre View Post
    I can't open CFS2 when i try to open it i have this message:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: CFS2.ICD Application Version: 7.50.0.917 Application Timestamp: 39c5a653 Module name default dplayerx.dll Default module version: 0.0.0.0 Module Timestamp default: 396602f5 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00003a12 OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1036 Additional Information 1: 5063 Additional Information 2: 989a2eece94c88e43d080999500de321 Additional Information 3: d8d2 Additional Information 4: 4e7c87bbc1587161b2639bdf69eae17a

Of course it's in french because i'm a froggy
    But if someone can help me to understand what it's mean, my computer turn with vista SP2with an GeForce 9300...
    Good flight for all
    When ever cfs2 can't find CFS2.ICD, in my system, it was missing completely. Just copied from another installment. #1. anomaly that only microsoft would know for sure.
    bug #2. using multi screen links showing different Poster Pictures, runs in DOS (and what magazine said -years ago- DOS is dead?). When I close (kill CFS2) to fix something, it won't exit out of memory, have to use Process Explorer from Sysinternals to rip CFS2 out of memory. Anybody have this. My fixes to MS XP is up to date, and with the miriad of foulups to subsequent Windoz versions, I ain'ta changing!

I have most of the mission/campaign editors that swap units, either a/c or ships. And I did a check of midlnames, and had repeated duplicate entries. Shouldn't have just added stuff - must actually insert after laboriously searching if already entered etc.

HOWEVER, with Skylanes recent fix to Campaign, etc., on CEYLON 1942, Single mission still jumps to end (TO GOOD SHOW completed mission) without actually doin' it.

SO, I hate pestering people, especially those who write the missions etc., in the first place. If anyone has answers, I am one who would like to know. Hooraw

Hooraw, in which of the missions does this happen?

"Enquiring minds would like to know - bearcat"
    Hooraw, sorry i can't help with any Ceylon missions bug fixes, but GA and i had a private exchange regarding the icd issues specifically, involving the unspeakable NoCD crack as a solution -- there, i said it . Since we aren't allowed to discuss that topic here, i went PM on him. Now, you can take a hint from this reply and we'll leave it there.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Ceylon Missions that jump to end

Quote Originally Posted by skylane View Post
    Hooraw, in which of the missions does this happen?
    The 1st scramble mission (emphasize on Mission haven't got to 1st mission in Campaign) after landing at airport from carrier and pby mission. When I run the first scramble mission to intercept, voices announce raid, and then jumps to end mission which displays British briefing (that I had to add to the PTO) ending. As some suggested would this may be wrong scenery level problems, you had me add a flatten in eawwii area. Maybe I should cut out some levels ?--

My scenery.cfg

[General]
    Title=CFS2 World
    Description=CFS 2 Scenery data
    Cache_Size=80M
    Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]
    Title=Default Scenery
    Local=scenery
    Active=TRUE
    Layer=2
    Required=TRUE
    Remote=

[Area.002]
    Title=Terrain
    Local=Scenedb\world
    Active=TRUE
    Texture_ID=1
    Layer=1
    Required=TRUE
    Remote=
    Flatten.0=6,S7 4.51,E147 2.56,S7 5.10,E147 2.42,S7 4.49,E147 1.82,S7

3.92,E147 2.51

[Area.003]
    Title=CFS1 Library
    Local=Scenedb\library
    Active=TRUE
    Layer=3
    Remote=
    Required=FALSE

[Area.004]
    Title=Airport Facilities Data
    Local=Scenedb\AFDFiles
    Active=TRUE
    Layer=5
    Required=TRUE
    Remote=

[Area.005]
    Title=Scenery Ships
    Local=Scenedb\Ships
    Active=TRUE
    Layer=6
    Remote=
    Required=FALSE

[Area.006]
    Title=Aircraft Weapons
    Local=Scenedb\weapons
    Active=TRUE
    Layer=7
    Required=TRUE
    Remote=

[Area.007]
    Title=Vehicles
    Local=Scenedb\veh
    Active=TRUE
    Layer=8
    Required=FALSE
    Remote=

[Area.008]
    Title=Effects
    Local=Scenedb\fx
    Active=TRUE
    Layer=9
    Required=TRUE
    Remote=

[Area.009]
    Title=Runways
    Local=Scenedb\runways
    Active=TRUE
    Layer=10
    Required=TRUE
    Remote=

[Area.010]
    Title=Buildings
    Local=Scenedb\inf
    Active=TRUE
    Layer=11
    Required=TRUE
    Remote=

[Area.011]
    Title=FS2000_props
    Local=Scenedb\fs2kprop
    Active=TRUE
    Layer=12
    Required=TRUE
    Remote=

[Area.012]
    Title=Dem7
    Local=SCENEDB\Dem7
    Active=TRUE
    Layer=13
    Required=TRUE
    Remote=

[Area.013]
    Title=Dem8
    Local=SCENEDB\Dem8
    Remote=
    Active=TRUE
    Required=TRUE
    Layer=14

[Area.014]
    Title=eawwii_scenery
    Local=SCENEDB\eawwii_scenery
    Remote=
    Active=TRUE
    Required=FALSE
    Layer=4
    Flatten.0=0,N6 59.25,E79 47.55,N6 59.25, E79 55.25,N6 48.25,E79

55.25,N6 48.25,E79 47.55

[Area.015]
    Title=DoA2
    Local=SCENEDB\DoA2
    Remote=
    Active=TRUE
    Required=FALSE
    Layer=17

[Area.016]
    Title=MaskRider Australia
    Local=SCENEDB\MaskRider Australia
    Remote=
    Active=TRUE
    Required=FALSE
    Layer=16

[Area.017]
    Title=MaskRider Dutch East Indies
    Local=SCENEDB\MaskRider Dutch East Indies
    Remote=
    Active=TRUE
    Required=FALSE
    Layer=18

[Area.018]
    Title=MaskRider Papua New Guinea
    Local=SCENEDB\MaskRider Papua New Guinea
    Remote=
    Active=TRUE
    Required=FALSE
    Layer=19

[Area.019]
    Title=MaskRider Philippines No1
    Local=SCENEDB\MaskRider Philippines No1
    Remote=
    Active=TRUE
    Required=FALSE
    Layer=20

[Area.020]
    Title=MR Solomons
    Local=SCENEDB\MR Solomons
    Remote=
    Active=TRUE
    Required=FALSE
    Layer=21

[Area.021]
    Title=Carolines_Atolls
    Local=SCENEDB\Carolines_Atolls
    Remote=
    Active=TRUE
    Required=FALSE
    Layer=22

[Area.022]
    Title=Carolines_Islands
    Local=SCENEDB\Carolines_Islands
    Remote=
    Active=TRUE
    Required=FALSE
    Layer=23

[Area.023]
    Group=Midway
    ID=Midway Sand Island
    Title=Midway Sand Island no objects
    Active=TRUE
    Local=SCENEDB\Midway 1942
    Exclude=N28 12.65,W177 21.03,N28 11.75,W177 19.06,objects
    Remote=
    Required=FALSE
    Layer=24

[Area.024]
    Title=CFS2 Africa_SAsia Water
    Local=SCENEDB\CFS2 Africa_SAsia Water
    Remote=
    Active=FALSE * (looking here I am surprised this is off)
    Required=FALSE
    Layer=15

I don´t think it has to do with the scenery.
    Just one more idea: Do you apply the brakes before you start the engine? If you do, this would explain the problem.
    My missions are ended when the player aircraft is on the ground / stopped, the engine is off and the brakes are applied. If you woukld apply brakes before starting the engine, all the triggers are true, and the mission ends right away.

brakes set might be the problem

Quote Originally Posted by skylane View Post
    I don´t think it has to do with the scenery.
    Just one more idea: Do you apply the brakes before you start the engine? If you do, this would explain the problem.
    My missions are ended when the player aircraft is on the ground / stopped, the engine is off and the brakes are applied. If you woukld apply brakes before starting the engine, all the triggers are true, and the mission ends right away.
    AHA!, yes on start up the brakes are, already, applied. This is due to carrier ops, - when I set the location on the deck, I locked brakes to prevent slow rolls on take off. So have to find the switch to un-set the brakes. Thanks a bunch.

Scenery layers?

Crashing into stuff, previously mentioned, might be caused by scenery out of whack. Reason, on FF, the runway is @42 ft, while surrounding terrain, is @7 ft. Anyone have corrections? Move runways down in list or up?

From your scenery file I can see that you are using Rhumba´s mesh. The eawwii airfields scenery is based on a different mesh, see Xavier´s readme.

Now I don´t know if a different mesh can cause the problems you have. Maybe someone with more knowledge about scenery things can help?

Members who have read this thread: 1