"Unable to Capture Screenshot" Error

Thread: "Unable to Capture Screenshot" Error

"Unable to Capture Screenshot" Error

Hello, all. I finally installed my copy of FSX onto my new computer, but now I can't capture screenshots. It gives me an error message that says, "Unable to capture screenshot". Does anybody know how to fix this?

Blog Entries
    make sure you have plwenty of space on your drive where the pictures are located, and take pics in full screen mode. Sometimes in windowed mode or when drive space is low, it wont let you take pics.

I have plenty of space. I'll give the windowed/full screen modes and see how it works. Thank you.

This will also happen if you've run out of memory.
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)

Highly recommended.

http://www.fraps.com/faq.php
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I can't figure out what's wrong. I have plenty of room, and it is on full screen mode.

This probably isn't it. but any chance you have SweetFX installed? If so, it tends to mess with screenshot programs? It wants you to use theirs.

No, all I have is the default FSX Acceleration installed. Could it be a Windows 8 problem?

Walter, what's your screen resolution set to? Try setting your screen res to 1024 x 768 and see if that corrects the problem.

You were right. It was a screen resolution issue. I switched it from 1600X1024X32 to 1920X1080X32 and it cured it! Thanks for all the help!

My pleasure, glad the screen res tweak solved the prob. :salute:

Members +

Unable to Capture Screenshot" Error

I have windows 8 now and I installed my FSX in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X. I have tried changing screen resolution's, I do notice I have two Files for where it saves to, 1. C:\Users\John\Documents\Flight Simulator X 2. C:\Users\John\Pictures\Flight Simulator X . I delete one or the other, when I try to save again in the FSX program with the V key, it re creates the file in both places. I am stumped.

MY V key was working flawlessly.I even thought my screenshot folder was stuffed, so I emptied it...Didn't help. then I got a reply I probably changed my access permission in my FSX folder. I had checked the path and it was correct. But! The computer develped a fault and is now for warranty repairs and I won't get it back for a few days now. For the moment using my old Dell Vostro 220 win7 32, until then...This is the reply I got:

Might be a sharing issue. Right click your FSX folder and see if it is being
    shared. Administrator is probably not allowing you access to your system. He's
    only trying to protect you from evil people in the world. Hope this helps.

Hope it helps,

Berlopez
    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v4 @ 2.10GHz 2.10 GHz
    Windows 10pro

Every time I've had a problem with taking a screenshot, it's been related to a "spelling or something similar" issue - in the aircraft title configuration text.

example.

[fltsim.0]
    title=Flughafen Leipzig/Halle <<---------- always something wrong here

Use FRAPS - no issues, no screen size/resolution problems.

Dave