HMS Bounty Project

Thread: HMS Bounty Project

Hybrid View

HMS Bounty Project

The HMS Bounty recently made news when it was sunk during the hurricane. It sparked my interest; I did the research and fell in love with its story, both the original and the replica. I watched two versions of the movie to get a closer look at the replica and decided to give it a shot.

As a filler project, I am working on the HMS Bounty as something new and different. Not a straight piece of lumber on this ship so every part is "hand-made". It will take a while.

I am modeling it to the the Replica HMS Bounty specs.

I look forward to interesting challenges in animations, effects, navigation, and wind response.

I now have the basic exterior shell and standing rigging in place.

Nigel and I intend to do this one to include the first lower deck. Should be interesting to see what can be done with the flight model, the sails, and the VC.
    :salute:
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Beautiful! I am a great fan of tall ships! If you need any support, I'd be glad to pitch in!

Sascha

Spent my early years on the water so am looking forward to what you all come up with. Another possibility would be unique sounds like foaming wake under the prow, orders being barked when adjustments are made, groaning timber and straining lines, might be real fun.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Beautiful! I am a great fan of tall ships! If you need any support, I'd be glad to pitch in!

Sascha
    Quote Originally Posted by aeromed202 View Post
    Spent my early years on the water so am looking forward to what you all come up with. Another possibility would be unique sounds like foaming wake under the prow, orders being barked when adjustments are made, groaning timber and straining lines, might be real fun.
    Thanks guys. Yes, we have talked about those things and more. It will be interesting to seek out raw sound materials for this. Nigel seems to be an expert at this sort of thing. :-)

I am looking forward to the challenges of running rigging, sails, and the flight model.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just to let you know, I have not given up on this project. Just communicated with Hansi about gauge controlled sails for wind direction and speed, and have been looking at hull design software to determine if I need to modify what I have. I have teh standing rigging done and now the challenge of sails and running rigging. Then the top deck and a basic lower deck will be done.

Anyhow with Winter upon us, the XP47J/H projects, the Tigercat revisit, the Harpoon and this project will get serious attention as filler work.

Sasha66 and Aeromed202, thank you for your interest and anything you, or anyone else, wish to contribute is appreciated. I like you ideas regarding sounds so if you can round up any examples, I am certain that Nigel would be pleased to take a listen to them. Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

HMS Bounty Progress

Ahoy Lads. Making some decent progress on the Bounty with most of the major items completed outside and on deck. Working on finer details and the lower deck now. It will be a while before she is ready for mapping as the lower deck will get quite a bit of detail.

Very interesting project; I have learned a lot about ships and also these tall ships have no straight lines, anywhere. Everything is angled 3 ways, curved and tortured. Makes for challenging modeling.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here