HMS Bounty Project - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: HMS Bounty Project

Any more news on beta release?

Cheers Chris

Yeah... first they made me climb to the top of the main mast... then they made me walk the PLANK, Speedy. Well actually I think they're fairly close, but hang around for a while, mate... you'll probably hear from "the Skipper" himself very soon.

BB686 <-- wrings out wet flag
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Thanks you for your patience. We have now made and tested the final changes to the Bounty model code and gauges, and await one final texture change and two sound files. Once done, I must make a few documentation changes.
    Although the Bounty is very simple to sail and manage, there are a lot of complicated things in the background to make it all work. But, it works beautifully.

Rob Barendregt and Nigel have done some amazing work; my deepest thanks to them.

Falcon409 and WMD did testing in P3D 1,4, 2,3 and 2.5 to help identify issues there. Thanks guys. :-)
    As of now, 1.4 is the only version we can support but we continue to look at the 2.5 issues.

I have also assembled a list of water ports that are nice to launch from that are scenic and have interest.

SrGalahad has been working on a multi-player race challenge if there is interest there.

Hang tight; spittin' and polishin' in progress.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Lightbulb

Mr Shupe,

No stress ..
    Those take 20 years for end the project (beautifull indeed)

Code:
    http://www.hermione.com/en/home

The Hermione was quite the ship; now the replica is in route to the USA I believe. La Fayette was the reason for her being here ... then, and coming now.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Maybe Wednesday ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I will hopefully have a FS9 beta available within the next 24 hours. One last niggle to correct and we are a go. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Attached is the "HMS Bounty Manual", relatively brief but an operational necessity to introduce you to her.

She sounds a bit involved but she is easy to operate. :-)

Will be uploading the beta in the next hour or so and will make available to those interested in testing and reporting back to me by Sunday, but the sooner the better.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

FS9 HMS Bounty Beta Available

I just uploaded the FS9 Only beta version. This version will NOT work in FSX/P3D.

If you are interested in testing the full FS9 beta version and reporting results by Sunday, please PM me.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

FS9 Bounty Final Beta Available

I have uploaded the final beta for the Bounty.

Anyone interested and has the time to test the package by Thursday, please PM me for the link.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Changes were many, but many are also subtle
    - Sounds: many adjustments to sounds for better control and variability
    - SMW background bmp better identifies switches for Auto-Skipper and Master Sail Config
    - SMW switch added for user control of Bird sounds with right click volume controls
    - SMW Bells totally under user control now with right click volume controls
    - Sails: Deployment animations changed to one sail at a time upon "Let go sheets and tacks"
    - Gauge changes to better handle issues identified in beta 2
    - VC Viewpoint raised per requests
    - Adjustments to lamp lights, eliminated 2D alternate view lights
    - Significant Doc.pdf changes to clarify, expound, and correct many things
    - etc :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I am wondering why there has been no response here for beta testing the Bounty package for FS9.

Have we lost all the FS9 interest in the Bounty or are FS9 users just being depleted and moving on?

Is it time for us to move on to FSX/P3D for development and finally leave FS9 behind?

I am really miffed at lack of response.

I have more P3D users testing than FS9 users.

I have more FSX users testing than FS9 users.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Lightbulb

@Milton

I don't asked cause I'm not good on testing ..
    What I must test ? what are expected bugs ? (system related .. or in the addon itself ?)
    You can send me (if you want) the beta and I will have a look ....

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    @Milton

I don't asked cause I'm not good on testing ..
    What I must test ? what are expected bugs ? (system related .. or in the addon itself ?)
    You can send me (if you want) the beta and I will have a look ....
    Navtech, thank you for responding. There are many kinds of testing but sometimes, we just need to know if the package in general works on your system; is the installation process understandable. Can you implement and run it with your specs. These are basic things that everyone needs to do, so all the technical tests are not necessary to help satisfy the basic process of installing and running.

The manual needs to be understandable and useful. We think it is but we need fresh eyes to look at it. :-)

So, not all tests require a lot of technical exercising. Just try it. :-)

I will send the link by PM to all who wants it.

I intend to release the package this weekend.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2023
    Milton,

I will be honest, I was not terribly interested in this project until I read the docs you posted above. I cant wait to get home and install this ship and try it out. Im looking forward to sailing the inward passage around Canada and Alaska. I will be able to provide some feedback on it then. I hope it will heel over well in a stiff breeze as that to me is really what the sailing experience is about.

Sean

Milton, I don't know how many FS9 users are still around, but there are a bunch of us FSX guys drooling over this baby!

Lightbulb

@Milton,

Installed in 2 minutes ....
    Easy to handle for first raw short trip
    Nothing bad detected so far on my installation (FS2004 WinXP SP3 Intel 2 Cores 3.16 GHZ - 2GB - ATI HD 4850 - 512 MB)
    Very nice addon .. thank you
    Now I must **** lol

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    Milton,

I will be honest, I was not terribly interested in this project until I read the docs you posted above. I cant wait to get home and install this ship and try it out. Im looking forward to sailing the inward passage around Canada and Alaska. I will be able to provide some feedback on it then. I hope it will heel over well in a stiff breeze as that to me is really what the sailing experience is about.

Sean
    Not a problem Sean. I knew going into this that sailing ships would get a small audience .... LOL but this is not your normal sailing ship in FS, as you will see. :-)
    I will PM the link to you.

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    Milton, I don't know how many FS9 users are still around, but there are a bunch of us FSX guys drooling over this baby!
    The FSX/P3D response and testing has been awesome and the great news is this package works beautifully in FSX and P3D (with some restrictions in P3D 2.4 and 2.5). Thank you.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton,

I have just sat in the bosun's chair hanging out splicing a bottle of grog and a mermaid, waiting patiently until this wonderful looking creation is uploaded.

Ha har
    Andy.

ps. This grog is more powerful than I thought and I cannot find the ship at all..., not here, not there. Oh well, as Foster Brooks would say, 'it'll turn up'. I'll go and do a bit more splicing. Ha har.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi Milton,

I have just sat in the bosun's chair hanging out splicing a bottle of grog and a mermaid, waiting patiently until this wonderful looking creation is uploaded.

Ha har
    Andy.

ps. This grog is more powerful than I thought and I cannot find the ship at all..., not here, not there. Oh well, as Foster Brooks would say, 'it'll turn up'. I'll go and do a bit more splicing. Ha har.
    Did you not get a beta copy?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

FS9 bounty

Hi Milton
    The only thing I can find out of place in FS9 is in "chase view the first view is ok but the next one Cockpit is just two bits of bow wave but no boat.
    Cheers Chris
    Last edited by speedy70; April 30th, 2015 at 09:49. Reason: updated

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Hi Milton
    The only thing I can find out of place in FS9 is in "chase view the first view is ok but the next one Cockpit is just two bits of bow wave but no boat.
    Cheers Chris
    That is the 2D cockpit view without a 2D panel. You see that because it is so far out in front. I had changed the effect so it would not show in the Cockpit view, but for some reason it still does. Please ignore it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi,
    I'm having to leave the computer for a few days, but I did have a short sea trial in (on?) the Beagle and this is a fantastic addition to our fleet. Everything worked I think as it is supposed to; wonderful sounds, cannon fire and slow manoeuvrings in the open sea. I haven't yet attempted to get to shore yet, luckily for the crew, as on the pay I give them they'll only have enough for one thimble of grog but they can find that out later.

This is great.
    Thank you all

Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi,
    I'm having to leave the computer for a few days, but I did have a short sea trial in (on?) the Beagle and this is a fantastic addition to our fleet. Everything worked I think as it is supposed to; wonderful sounds, cannon fire and slow manoeuvrings in the open sea. I haven't yet attempted to get to shore yet, luckily for the crew, as on the pay I give them they'll only have enough for one thimble of grog but they can find that out later.

This is great.
    Thank you all

Andy.
    Thank you Andy. We appreciate your efforts to help check out the package. We continue to make improvements in handling and sounds and hope the results will enhance what seems to be a well accepted Bounty package by some 30 testers.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Milton,

I've watched the progress, over the months, of this classic ship with interest. But I just haven't had the time to fire up the sim much over the last few months, hence my not participating in the beta testing.

From looking at the screenshots , it certainly is a stunner.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    Hi Milton,

I've watched the progress, over the months, of this classic ship with interest. But I just haven't had the time to fire up the sim much over the last few months, hence my not participating in the beta testing.

From looking at the screenshots , it certainly is a stunner.

Pete.
    Hi Pete,

Not a problem Sir ... hopefully she'll be out this weekend and will be available whenever folks have time for a little relaxation and something different.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here