I've lost a Good Friend

Thread: I've lost a Good Friend

I've lost a Good Friend

Luke was a great little dog that brought a lot of happiness to our family. Sadly when I came out to the living room after getting out of bed this morning and went over to the chair he was laying in to see him I realized he had made his journey to the Rainbow Bridge. He had some medical issues he was being treated for, and he was a senior dog. Even when you know in the back of your mind that something like this is getting ready to happen it still does nothing to ease the sadness felt when losing a cherished member of our family.

So sorry for your loss,It truly is losing a family member.

SOH-CM-2023
    My sincere condolences. Remember the good times and happiness he brought to you and yours
    and this will cherish his memory in your thoughts.

Our deepest condolences go out to you and yours Robert.

Although I'd never seen his photo before I had of course heard him many times on TeamSpeak when he'd come to visit you while you were working on your models.
    Larry

Deepest sympathy Robert,I am a 'Dog" guy and I know how hard it is to lose a member of the family like this. We lost our 12 year old Choc.Lab Roxie not too long ago and it is never easy to get past it.

sincere condolences, i lost three dogs and i know what mean..remember best times with him.

I'm sorry for your loss. Our Dinky just turned 13 and we know the day is getting closer and we dread it.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I am so sorry for your loss. But you'll be reunited again at the Rainbow Bridge. That is what I hope for as well
    NC

im sorry for your loss my friend....its allways hard to loose a pet,they are truely family members,cherished and loved...

May the good memories of Luke warm your heart during this difficult time.

Jim

Sorry to hear. Our four-legged family members are just that; family. They come into our lives as strangers and leave us much richer for the experience and love that they bring.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Odie, I have that same Rainbow Bridge over a picture of my late black Lab, a dog I loved dearly and I always get watery eyes when I read it. I know how you must feel N2056 and you have my heart felt condolences.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Something of this nature is difficult. Two close "friends" departed with a piece of our hearts, taking along with, many memories.

Sorry to hear of this.
    Jamie

Very sorry for your loss. The affection that these animals convey is boundless and unconditional. I hope you meet your little buddy when it is time to cross over to the other side.

TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry to hear your dog Passed away Robert
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

N2056, my condolences on the loss of your pal. Somebody posted this on Facebook the other day, I think it's very true. Hang in there. :salute:

Thanks to all for the kind replies. It really means a lot.

There's a great book called Dogs Make Us Human. Leafing through that book made me happy. DOGS RULE!!

Sorry for your loss...

Marc
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

You have my deep sympathy for the loss of your friend Luke.
    I lost my 19 year old soulmate cat Amelia last August.
    Had recently adopted a beautiful, sweet 10 month old Siamese cat from a neighbor and named her Claire. We were getting tight but she apparently got spooked during a thunderstorm and has gone missing. Still hoping for her return.
    When we take in pets we know they can break our hearts. Wishing you continuing loving thoughts and memories of your buddy Luke.
    jbtate

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry to hear this Robert. I grew up with three Dachshunds, and to me they were sisters.. We did everything together.. I nearly died when they passed.. They become family... My prayers go out to you..

So sorry for your loss...
    We lost our little guy 9 months ago and it still hurts, I miss him everyday!
    My prayers are with you........

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Unhappy

My condolences to you. I know times are hard, but as the saying goes, the darkest hour is just before dawn. I had a dog named Shane when I was a child. He was a German Shepard. He was my brother, my protector, my friend. One day after we had come home from a camping trip, I went out in the back yard to find him. He wasn't there, so Dad volunteered to go look for him. He did, 2 blocks up the street on the side of the road. I suppose he was out looking for us.

It was one of the most heart-breaking things I have ever gone through. One thing I have learned to help cope with it is to remember, gone but never forgotten. I remember that he was in my life as long as I needed him, and as soon as I was ready, he was called home. I can only hope that with time, your pain eases and that you find comfort in remembering him and all the good times together. My very best regards, Jeremy

Hi Robert.

I'm so happy to read of the good times your pup gave to you and your family. I hope you and the family can now honor him with your fond memories, and therefore continue receiving the joy he gave you. Best wishes for you. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Dick