looking for b29 for fsx

Thread: looking for b29 for fsx

looking for b29 for fsx

I found an RB-50 superfortress for fsx ..but I wanted the b29 such as what a2a had. Anyone know if there is a b29 for fsx available anywhere..payware preferably.

b29b_910.zip at flightsim.com. Tom Kohler is the builders name. Have you seen/tried that one? It is FS9, but probably flies equally well in FSX, possibly with a few tweaks. Could find nothing FSX native.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by jerrygiffin View Post
    I found an RB-50 superfortress for fsx .
    The RB-50 must have been Tom's as well.I t is a port over also (not that there is anything wrong with that) but Tom did not do it.

The only B29 I would know of is the old WOP one for FS9 in the Heavy Bombers and Jets package. It would likely take some of the normal modifications to get it to work in FSX.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

I use the WOP B29 in FSX Acc. Works pretty well with a handful of gauge mods.

Quote Originally Posted by robert41 View Post
    I use the WOP B29 in FSX Acc. Works pretty well with a handful of gauge mods.
    where can i get the wop b29?...I've searched and searched...sound like they took it off their shelf?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    b29b_910.zip at flightsim.com. Tom Kohler is the builders name. Have you seen/tried that one? It is FS9, but probably flies equally well in FSX, possibly with a few tweaks. Could find nothing FSX native.:salute:
    yes ..i found the b29b_910.zip...but blacked out textures and gauges in fsx

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Attachment 78619
    The FS2004 WOP B-29 ports perfectly other than the glass texture needs replacing. All the gauges function with no replacing, great FPS for a FS2004-some ports are frame hogs-draw calls I suppose-flys well, and its cheap if you watch sales. You also get a couple of Lancs, B-24, PB4Y-2, Arado Blitz-??-what else was in the WOP power pack? Any way,a great buy-I think I got mine for five or ten bucks-and all the models run perfectly in FSX SP1/2/accel.

I found an RB-50 superfortress for fsx ..but I wanted the b29 such as what a2a had. Anyone know if there is a b29 for fsx available anywhere..payware preferably.
    http://www.halycon.de/produkte/flugs...-sim3/124.html

I have this package only because of the B-29. However it´s an older product so dont expect A2A std of today. Just check the screens, i have no problems with FSX ops.

yes ..i found the b29b_910.zip...but blacked out textures and gauges in fsx
    Yep, this is in the category of "For What It's Worth". . .I loaded the B-29 and saw what you saw, but discovered pretty quickly that the problem is the author added a "common" texture folder but failed to add the texture.cfg to each livery folder so that it could be accessed. The easier alternative for me was to simply copy everything from the common folder and add it to each of the livery folders. . .no more blacked out textures. As for the gauges. . .a WIP would best describe that as there are many that don't work and they're not your common gauges in many cases. All-in-all, as you have probably found (since this thread has died quickly), the WOP, even if you have to purchase it, is a way better option.

Current System Specs:

To save space in the installer Tom always used a common texture folder.

His B-29 was not as well refined as his RB-50.

The WOP B-29 is from the Heavy Bombers and Jets package for FS9 that has been off the shelf for a long time. The last one I bought was early last year off of Ebay for $10.

Prior to that we found it for sale a few places for as much as $100 which we just laughed at.

Right now I can't find it anywhere but will keep my eyes open.

I never could understand why A2A did not put this package up even in small parts as a download. It must have been some type of contractual conflict with someone.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    . . . . .The WOP B-29 is from the Heavy Bombers and Jets package for FS9 that has been off the shelf for a long time. The last one I bought was early last year off of Ebay for $10.
    Prior to that we found it for sale a few places for as much as $100 which we just laughed at. Right now I can't find it anywhere but will keep my eyes open. . . .
    I did find it today, for $49 (at Amazon.com), which I also find laughable, kinda like the stuff from Lago, that, if you can find it at all, is still selling for the original price. . . .I don't think so. :salute:

Current System Specs:

I did find it today, for $49 (at Amazon.com), which I also find laughable, kinda like the stuff from Lago, that, if you can find it at all, is still selling for the original price. . . .I don't think so. :salute:
    Dang...I must have missed it....said unavailable

You might try looking for Shockwave's "Aircraft Powerpack", 'Shockwave Aircraft Powerpack", or variations on that.
    That's the title on my original box that I scored on Amazon last year for...ahem...$7.95
    Note that there is a Aircraft Powerpack 2 that doesn't include the B-29...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

I have copies of all of them. The last one I bought was the (NIB) Aircraft Powerpack for $7.00.
    If you really want them, retail-wise you'll have a tough time. Like others mentioned already, if you do find them in retail, you'll pay a hefty sum.
    I suggest you check used game stores, second hand and the Salvation Army type places. And eBay.

Edit: I did just find this. http://www.amazon.com/Aircraft-Power...raft+powerpack

If interested. Aircraft Power Pack 2 is out there yet. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=all

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I suggest you check used game stores
    That is where I tracked down a copy about three years ago. Also found the A2A Fighters bundle for $5.00.

I find it very surprising that there aren't any recent models of B-29 for FSX. It is still one of the most famous bombers of WW2 continuing succesful career well into Korean War and jet age. In my opinion there are very few aircraft in existence, which deserves quality model for FSX/P3D more than B-29. It would at least make sense that A2A would produce a B-50 as their 377 should form pretty good basis for it (okay, A2A nowadays requires a flying example for their models, but still).

Yep, this is in the category of "For What It's Worth". . .I loaded the B-29 and saw what you saw, but discovered pretty quickly that the problem is the author added a "common" texture folder but failed to add the texture.cfg to each livery folder so that it could be accessed. The easier alternative for me was to simply copy everything from the common folder and add it to each of the livery folders. . .no more blacked out textures. As for the gauges. . .a WIP would best describe that as there are many that don't work and they're not your common gauges in many cases. All-in-all, as you have probably found (since this thread has died quickly), the WOP, even if you have to purchase it, is a way better option.
    You can replace the b-29 panel folder with the RB-50 panel folder and have useable virtual and 2d panels. Use the RB-50 gauges. Like Falcon409 said, a basic model but it is a free B-29

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post

If interested. Aircraft Power Pack 2 is out there yet. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=all
    thanks a lot guys..i just ordered the aircraft power pack for microsoft flight simulator...my b-29 should be in there...thank you a whole lot guys

Members who have read this thread: 1